Author Topic: Rock (Rocky) Crow Dog  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Concerned Mom

Rock (Rocky) Crow Dog
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:51 am »
Does anyone know anything about Rocky Crow Dog?  He says he's Leonard Crow Dog's son.  I have a friend who supported at a sun dance where he danced, and since then he has befriended her by phone and email.  He had a dream that he was related to her so he gave her permission to use "Crow Dog" as her last name.  It seems strange.  He lives in Oklahoma.  I hope she is not going to get hurt.

Thanks for any information.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Rock (Rocky) Crow Dog
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »
We have had a whole group of people who have taken the Crow Dog name but are not related to
Crow Dog. We have some fraud in the east who use the name but are not related to the
family. You can not give away a name without the whole family given permission.
So far i know of six different people who claim to be Leonard 'son and use his name.
Leonard had to come to my tribe to inform us that one person who uses his name was
not related to him. Be careful this is one person (Crow Dog) that the frauds like to use
to justify their abuse.
In Spirit

used2bnaf

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »
This is the guy that tried to organize a benefit for Leonard Crowdog a few years back in the DFW metroplex.  It was a disaster.  LCD was actually here with some pretendians from my neck of the woods to check it out.  It was a sad event.  Mainly a bunch of kids looking for booze and weed.  Nobody seemed interested in supporting any native causes.  Rocky spent the entire time pronouncing that he was Crowdog's son.

It was 6  maybe 7 years ago?  I find any reference to it on the internet now. 

I strongly suggest staying away from this guy.

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »
Concerned Mom, if you can get his phone number, google search on that, see if you can find any more clues. Also check his email address, see if that leads you to anything public about his interests, business, location etc.

Do you know about how old he is? Any photos? Do you know where in Oklahoma he is based? Do you know if he has other nicknames, is he a musician or artist, any of these clues could help us narrow in on who he is.

Where was the event he and your friend were at?

Offline Concerned Mom

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:27:59 pm »
He sundanced at the High Star Sun Eagle dance in June, Intercessor-Howard Bad Hand.  I'm not sure of his age, but I will try to find out more.

Thank you, everyone, for responding.