Author Topic: Mother, Grandmother Drum  (Read 4237 times)

Offline aya

Mother, Grandmother Drum
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »
I have a question about so called mother or grandmother drums. This seems to be a new trend at least here in Europe. Many many people offer sessions with drums, called like this.

So my question is, what actually is this? Is such a drum known by your culture and if yes, what is the meaning of it?
thanks in advance
regards
aya

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Mother, Grandmother Drum
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »
Are the Europeans in question offshoots of White Ego Fraud and her Bloody GrandFraud Death Drum? http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1513.0

Rachel Holzwarth has sold lots of workshops where she supposedly teaches people to make and "empower" drums that are connected to the cursed one she travels with. We've also seen photos of her selling these drums at her "prayerformances"[sic]

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:22 pm »
In My culture Lakota-Dakota
woman don't touch the drum-
use the drum
We stand behind the drum and sing but never sit at a drum
so it is funny to watch this fab going on about Grandmother drum
and the concept of woman and the drum
In Spirit

Offline aya

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:56:37 am »
Thank you both for your answer!
@Kathryn: yes and no it is similar, in most cases these people call theirself shamanic healer, claim to be ascended masters ... the whole new age package and since about 1-2 years the "mother-drum" and shamanism and "earth-healing" is the new seller.
However they do not tour with these drums they use just a big frame drum with about 1m in diameter (40-50 inches) for their healing sessions. Either in combination with massages or alone.
And there are workshops in which the people learn to drum or construct their own drum. Which is in my case a nice thing as long as they do not put some feathers on it and call it to be from native origins.
I mean I love drums, and have a couple of them mostly in the style of a djembe, but I never heard of a "mother(grandmother) drum", probably it is the diameter which makes it to a mother drum - well I don't know.

@earthw7
as long as I know at their sessions they do not sit on the drum they lay under it *g

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:26:52 pm »
ive seen where the fraud grandmother drum is sitting on her drum,
the drum should never be sat on and should be respected
a woman who bleeds should never go near a drum
In Spirit