Author Topic: Another European speaking tour  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Another European speaking tour
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:17 am »
Embarking on a two weeks´speaking tour in Italy & Czech Republic, showing the film Spirits for Sale and speaking up about the exploitation and abuse. Will be meeting up with Lakotafriends in Rome on Sunday, then off we go.

It has taken many many months of planning and the organisers have done a fantastic job. Everyone is in it for free. We hope this will be an eyeopener and hopefully make some Europeans think twice before they violate Nndn cultures. We will be coming to Rome, Turin, Genova, Florence, Lucca and Bergamo - then off to The Czech Republic. If you´re in the vicinity please come. And please bring people who should hear this message.... ;)

Loads of thanks to Karin and Alessandro from NAFPS. Amazing what you can do meeting up on a discussion board. ;)

Offline nemesis

Re: Another European speaking tour
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:57 am »
Yay!

Well done to all involved for their commitment and hard work!

I will not be able to attend the tour but send my best wishes to all involved.  :)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »
Back home after an exhausting, inspiring and exciting tour in beautiful Italy. We got to speak to more than 1000 people in many different towns - including speaking at universities, schools and City Councils - explaining why the exploitation and abuse is so harmful and hurtful to Native people and also to promote World Peace and Prayer Day as a way to pray and celebrate together going back to your OWN roots and ancestors. By combining public lectures, smaller gatherings, filmscreenings and doing filmed interviews, we reached loads of people.

The response was really good wherever we came, many people asked how they could help in this struggle. Bringing out information like this is so important. It DOES make a big difference, there is no doubt about it!!

I´d like to thank all the organisations in Italy that made this possible. They have worked so hard! Thank you, Camilla, for translating, driving us round, fixing everything and anything and always being there to support us. What a fantastic job you did!
Thank you to all the people that came to listen to us and to all those that promised to keep spreading this message!

Grazie!  ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:54:33 pm »
:)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Camilla

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:45:38 am »
Freija,

We have to thank you and the Lakota friends, we must be grateful (and we shall be forever) for all that you shared and taught to us!
It will remain in our hearts forever. Thank you from the deep of our hearts.
Camilla
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:50:38 am by Camilla »
Camilla