Author Topic: Glenn Beck - NDNs, Jewish Connection, mish mash of history  (Read 12799 times)

Offline ShadowDancer

Glenn Beck - NDNs, Jewish Connection, mish mash of history
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:39 am »
Glenn Beck recently did a show where he decides to educate people about race relations and the history of the United States.  There are four parts which aired on August 18, 2010.

This is the first part.  It is mostly about the community center in NYC.  At the end he says he is going to teach people what they don't know about America.

Second part is here.  Talks about Manifest Destiny and Divine Providence. At the 8:00 mark he starts talking about how the Native Americans are not savages but are ancient peoples.

Part three is here.  Discusses evidence of 200,000 cities in North America before 1492.  Prefaces it with saying that the cities were as large as London and Rome.  His presentation could lead one to believe all 200,000 were that large.  Begins to compare the Hopewell mounds in Newark, Ohio to the Great Pyramid in Egypt through geometric measurements and similarities.

Here is a link to the part four.  In this video he goes on about the Great Pyramid then a Jewish connection to the Hopewell people in Ohio.  He also has on an author, Peter Lillback, promoting a book called "Sacred Fire". Lillback gives a story about William Penn and treaties.  Talks about good and bad people among us and how everyone should come together in a country without walls like Philadelphia.

Bizarre. Just bizarre.

Re: Glenn Beck - NDNs, Jewish Connection, mish mash of history
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:39:39 am »
It scares me that people believe Glenn Beck.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »
 Glenn Beck is a Mormon so I was not surprised when I seen him speak on the alleged Hebrew connections. Mormons believe Indians are lost tribes of Israel that came here and went bad. So I think he is just going along with his religious beliefs and presenting them as historical fact.

Offline PATRICK LAVALLEY

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:37:06 pm »
Hello,
Glenn Beck scares the crap out of me with his politics; but, I have to admit, if the Walam Olum is properly laid out it's timeline accurately corresponds to the war betweent the Lamanites and Nephites. Although the Walam Olum was recroded from the perspective of the Lenape who were one of two invader forces of the Moundbuilder Talega, since the Mengwe (Seneca) are macro-linguistically related to the Talega, it is possible that they represent the other of the  two tribes of the Mormons.

About seven years ago, I had an interesting conversation with Michael Bradley about his book, 'Holy Grail Across the Atlantic'. I had heard of maybe and what if hopes that the Lost Tribes were Indians. We had hours of extremely intriguing historical discourse. He once told me over the phone that someone he knew had researched the migration of the Lost Tribes and his research led him to Cape Croker, the western name for Neyaashiinigamiing, my home reserve. It wasn't until a few years later when I heard from two band members who had not even heard of Michael Bradley who independently corroborated this story, and one of them happened to be a Mormon. They are interestingly also from the Crane Clan who in my research are descendants and inheritors of the Talega/Moundbuilders. I have heard from Basil Johnston ( a fellow Band Member) that the disputed Nochemowenaing (Hope Bay) is also a Stopping Place on our Mide/7-Fires Migration; also it is common knowledge that Saugeen territory is the southern region of an area once known as God's Country and was once singled out to be a Canadian version of 'Indian Country'. Last month I heard first hand from someone from a family who would know better that Tecumseh and his sisters are also buried on my reserve (contrary to currently held notions).

I am willing to give these notions the benefit of the doubt for know until more history is understood about all these subjects...and as much as G.B. makes me cringe, having world history knowledge is extremely useful in solving this Mystery.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
I have views, thoughts, impressions on much of what is happening now, but it is not relevant to this forum, nor can it be corroborated with anyone that I know of.  I'm just simply waiting while GB destroys that which he is apparently trying so hard to create.. :D
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:35:27 pm »
I think Glenn Beck is mentally ill.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:03:33 pm »
i agree and there are A LOT of people with the same mental illness..

I think Glenn Beck is mentally ill.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:56:45 am by Kathryn »

apukjij

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:54:56 pm »
glen beck and sarah palin are terrorists, assaulting the very notions of Patriotism and Freedom that the United States was built on, with the foundation they learned from the Haudonasaunee Confederacy. No one will be able to convince me against my belief that their and the Tea Party intentions are the subtlest and most insidious form of Racism against our African-American President, where the world has acknowledged him with a Nobel Peace Prize, but in his own Country, these people told their constituents to pull their kids out of school because the President was going to address the Public Schools.
Now about your time-line. i am wondering how recent events here in Mi'kma'kik fit in. As i related before the Midewiwin Grandmothers were here, and also i understand time was spent in discussion of the Time-line. Mi'kmaw Oral Tradition dictates that the Great Exodus of the Seventh Fire Journey, took place around 1100ad.  The Midewiwin say they know exactly; in their Oral Tradition it was 23 generations ago, around 1050ad. Your fellow community member Basil could tell you more. They will be back, as they expressed an interest into coming to Eskasoni for their next gathering as they are most interested in the Prophecy that was given to the Mi'kmaq in 1250ad and how it lead to the Sacred Treaty-Making Protocol that lead up to the Treaty of 1752; which the Supreme Court of Canada has affirmed as being the only Treaty valid that does not include a transfer of Title to the British Crown.  We Mi'kmaq are the only Indigenous Nation in the world where a Supreme Court has ruled that each member has the entrenched right to make a moderate living off the resources that are now controlled and invested in the Crown; including all the Territory of NS, NB, PEI, Gaspe, and NFLD.  i will hopefully be present in the next Unification Gathering and will bring up what ive learned from you Patrick, as i find the Time-Line one of the most important facets of our combined Peoples History, as i find your Time-Line fascinating as well.

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 06:31:12 am »
Hello,
Glenn Beck scares the crap out of me with his politics; but, I have to admit, if the Walam Olum is properly laid out it's timeline accurately corresponds to the war betweent the Lamanites and Nephites. Although the Walam Olum was recroded from the perspective of the Lenape who were one of two invader forces of the Moundbuilder Talega, since the Mengwe (Seneca) are macro-linguistically related to the Talega, it is possible that they represent the other of the  two tribes of the Mormons.

About seven years ago, I had an interesting conversation with Michael Bradley about his book, 'Holy Grail Across the Atlantic'. I had heard of maybe and what if hopes that the Lost Tribes were Indians. We had hours of extremely intriguing historical discourse. He once told me over the phone that someone he knew had researched the migration of the Lost Tribes and his research led him to Cape Croker, the western name for Neyaashiinigamiing, my home reserve. It wasn't until a few years later when I heard from two band members who had not even heard of Michael Bradley who independently corroborated this story, and one of them happened to be a Mormon. They are interestingly also from the Crane Clan who in my research are descendants and inheritors of the Talega/Moundbuilders. I have heard from Basil Johnston ( a fellow Band Member) that the disputed Nochemowenaing (Hope Bay) is also a Stopping Place on our Mide/7-Fires Migration; also it is common knowledge that Saugeen territory is the southern region of an area once known as God's Country and was once singled out to be a Canadian version of 'Indian Country'. Last month I heard first hand from someone from a family who would know better that Tecumseh and his sisters are also buried on my reserve (contrary to currently held notions).

I am willing to give these notions the benefit of the doubt for know until more history is understood about all these subjects...and as much as G.B. makes me cringe, having world history knowledge is extremely useful in solving this Mystery.

In my opinion, Mormonism is sham and a cult made up by Joseph Smith in order for him try and take over the US government. There is no truth to that religion whatsoever, and there is a ton of research out there to prove it.

Furthermore, DNA evidence has ruled out the theory of Jews being here, and the LDS church has been scrambling for years to come up with an answer to explain why science has debunked them so badly.

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 03:37:56 pm »
Patrick asked me to offer an opinion, and I will do so briefly now.

First off, I am not a Mormon, as you may well know.

One of the differences between a cult and a religion is its effect on people, and there is little question that millions of people live their lives benefiting from Mormon beliefs.

Mormons should not be confused with Glenn Beck, an individual.

As near as I know, Mormon relations with Native Americans have been good for many years, and they show respect for the peoples. But I would be interested in more information on this.

I have met several people trying to span the two worlds who have taken up Mormon beliefs. They are fine individuals.

Joseph Smith's account of Native American history may be placed with his readings of Egyptian hieroglyphs, as a "personal failing". The gross errors in his Native American history are well documented.

Patrick, the history of the Lenape is covered in my book, along with all the remains that survived of it. I can not repeat that here as a post.

I am enjoying learning more of the traditions of the north here. I hope to be able and permitted to include them in a second edition of "Man and Impact in the Americas", alongside the other histories and their remains.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 04:04:04 pm »
Hello,

Patrick - the "Talega" were the Tchalaga division of the Shawnee, as pronounced by the Lenape. "Mengwe" is a  Lenape term for those not Lenape, often mixed peoples, not just Seneca. The Lenape migration is covered in my book and the crossing east of the Mississippi may be set around 1200 CE.

It would be best if you sought information from some midewiwin. I remember that the story of the megi shells and the barks containing them were published a few years back.

There is a lot of misinformation out there.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 02:54:44 pm »
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MORMON! i call them child stealer who said we had a great relationship with them as they invade our reservation steal our children. The state of Utah has the highest rate of welfare because each of those nice white white mormon families collect money off our children. They mess up their minds with their Myths and lies. I am not a mormon fan here
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »
Oh and we did not forget about the Mormon Cow Incident either
In Spirit

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MORMON! i call them child stealer who said we had a great relationship with them as they invade our reservation steal our children. The state of Utah has the highest rate of welfare because each of those nice white white mormon families collect money off our children. They mess up their minds with their Myths and lies. I am not a mormon fan here

Co-sign.

Mormons are the reason the US Government, in part, passed the Indian child welfare act in order to prevent them from taking off with Indian children.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 02:22:14 am »
Thank you for that information - while I'm sure they meant well, that is most serious, and I'm glad to hear that problem was addressed. You know I am in the east and not intimately acquainted with the situation in the west, or that in Oklahoma, for that matter, so the knowledge you share of the situation elsewhere is of great interest to me .

I think that most here are of the opinion that adoption of native american children would best be restrained to other native american families - true?