Author Topic: Face Book  (Read 4394 times)

Face Book
« on: May 10, 2010, 05:22:23 pm »
I don't see where NAFPS is on Face Book.  I think it would be a good page to have there, a good way to expose the frauds and conveniently located since many of these frauds eventually end up on FB, a good way to converse on/about the frauds on FB, plus link to website for info on others.

Probably would take some time out of someone's day though.

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: Face Book
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:12:51 am »
FB is a haven for spammers, hackers, govt. agents, viruses, and FB has the peculiar notion that they own your information and can sell it to whoever they want without your express permission or knowledge. That's not my idea of a great place to be.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:14:14 am »
Like Twitter, Facebook is good for sending out fast, brief bulletins to one's list of friends. But also like Twitter, the posts aren't archived in an organized or searchable form. I believe they scroll off the site completely after a short period of time, which is not helpful when someone has put a lot of research into something. It's too ephemeral.

Add to that the fact many won't join Facebook, or are thinking of leaving it, due to Facebook constantly compromising their privacy policy, or changing it without warning. It may be the hub of social networking right now, but it may well crash and burn as fast as it rose, taking all our data with it.

I think that if people want to send out notices in links and status updates on Facebook or Twitter, they can always link to the more substantial, and more permanent, discussions here. Many people do this already. But other than that I don't see it as a productive use of our time to try to maintain two boards on the same topics, and certainly not on as buggy a site as Facebook.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:27:07 am by Kathryn »

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:37 am »
I wouldn't think to replace this actual website, or move it.. that wouldn't be good at all.. or use FB as running another board..

But, many sites have a fb page that helps drive attention to their issue or cause. There's a lot of people who use fb, so it's a good tool to bring attention and awareness to a cause or issue. Having a FB page doesn't mean replacing the actual website. Don't even have to mess with it other than to just state what the cause is and put NAFPS website on there. Maybe put the "Introduction" writing on it as the info..

Use it as a way to reach people, they stop, they read, they know a little more than they did before.. 

Some people granted, will want to post in the discussion tab area.. but doesn't mean anyone has to really maintain it, and maybe there's an option with creating a page that you can opt out of having a discussion tab.

Anyway, it was just a thought of a way to educate people.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:48:32 pm »
look up FRAUDS AND WANNABEES
a Canadian venture

Offline bls926

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »
look up FRAUDS AND WANNABEES
a Canadian venture

Couldn't find it. Do you have the link for that?