Author Topic: Thunder Dreamers  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Thunder Dreamers
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:43 am »
Hi all, I was looking to see if shameons.bravepages.com had resurfaced and came across this! http://www.thunderdreamers.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=6&thread=471. I am so disgusted, sickened, appalled and I'm running out of adjectives here. This website is beyond words. It appears to be an old-discontinued site and belongs to Joeseph Marshall III. I did a search on him in NAFPS and apparentley he is an author. He has a new site which has the same groupies as on the old here's the address. http://thunderdreamers.com/forum/YaBB.pl. They talk about Indians, Indians and more Indians like we are collectibles. Any thoughts?

Lim Lemtsh,

Diana

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Thunder Dreamers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:14:44 pm »
Joseph Marshall III is a very respected Lakota author.  I don't know anything about his web site or other activities, but he is a member of a number of American Indian educational organizations and several Lakota spiritual leaders have recommended his books to our college classes.  I have never heard anyone from Kyle or Pine Ridge say anything negative about him.  So I don't know what to say about this.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:38:44 pm »
Hi all, I was looking to see if shameons.bravepages.com had resurfaced and came across this! http://www.thunderdreamers.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=6&thread=471. I am so disgusted, sickened, appalled and I'm running out of adjectives here. This website is beyond words. It appears to be an old-discontinued site and belongs to Joeseph Marshall III. I did a search on him in NAFPS and apparentley he is an author. He has a new site which has the same groupies as on the old here's the address. http://thunderdreamers.com/forum/YaBB.pl. They talk about Indians, Indians and more Indians like we are collectibles. Any thoughts?

Lim Lemtsh,

Diana

some of the people on this are native on this site
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:31:44 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »
Just an FYI - Joseph Marshall III is more than just an author.  He was born and raised on the Rosebud Reservation. He speaks fluent Lakota, has assissted in several language programs, taught high school and worked to bring traditional skills and knowledge to the younger kids there, was one of the community members that banded together to start the Sinte Gleska Tribal College, was one of the Charter Board members of the college, was part of the group that worked to re-introduce the wolves into Yellowstone Park, and he and his wife connie continue to work for youth and community self-empowerment programs ... and still writes books.

I have never heard anyone at Rosebud speak badly of him. If he has an excess of groupies it is probably because he never speaks badly of anyone and from what people in his community say, has an unfortunate tendency to not judge people or turn them away. Something that does bring trouble to his door.

I did not go through the book links on that site to see what was said or by who, but just from looking at the names - most are respected Native books.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:08 pm »
First of all I never said Joseph Marshall was a fraud or a bad person, that's why this thread is in Etcetera. This thread was not about Mr. Marshall, it's about the forum on his website, which I took offense. It doesn't appear that Mr. Marshall engages in any of the forums or even monitor's them for that matter. My opinion is, the forums are a bit of a twink fest.

Lim Lemtsh,

Diana

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:18:12 am »
didn't mean to come across as cross, that is why I just listed it as "for everyone's information".  I felt that the  "I did a search on him on NAFPS and apparently he is an author" didn't really explain who he is and what he has done, so I was just trying to provide more back ground.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:24:40 pm »
I would have to agree with you  kosowith
these messages board are strange but not
in the same catagory as ones selling ceremonies
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:09:30 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit