Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 606523 times)

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #705 on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:25 pm »
 I have been looking over her web site, and on her schedule page she has dates of Oct. 2-3 in Davis, CA. listed as tentative. It's just over the hill from my area about an 80 minute drive. No location given, and I emailed asking for details several days ago...still no reply. I'd like to do *something*, though I'm not sure what I'd be able to accomplish.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #706 on: September 19, 2010, 11:42:51 pm »
A few friends, a few signs, a few calls to the media.... a video to put on YouTube...

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #707 on: September 20, 2010, 01:07:02 am »
  First I need to find time and location. I have a feeling that they are somewhat paranoid and may not give out that info to someone they don't know.

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2010, 03:55:54 pm »
I called Fish and Wildlife when she was in this area - and they showed up at her event and confiscated her eagle feathers! She may have more by now so a call to Fish and Wildlife is not a bad idea once you find the location

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #709 on: September 24, 2010, 06:25:36 pm »
Still no success in finding their location.

Mahekun

« Reply #710 on: October 09, 2010, 12:42:01 am »
I've been following this thread for a few days and am appalled at the audacity of this woman...I believe she is either very cunning or is mentally ill.
As a member of the Métis Nation of Quebec I am angry to see her abusing traditional ways and tools in this fashion. She gives true Métis a bad name by impostoring.

Looking at her web site today it looks like she still has her bastardized versions of sacred items for sale in her little shop...and it looks like she's still wearing her hideous abortion of a "regalia". I didn't see any mention of Seneca heritage in the bio, but she sure is still trying to get her message and lies across visually. Disgusting.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #711 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:10 am »
Still claims "Seneca descent" in this pdf: http://whirlingrainbow.com/text/aboutdrumkeeper.pdf

Offline Cat

« Reply #712 on: October 14, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »
Thought I would check in and see what was going on with Suraj. I did some research and found her on Facebook, and also checked out their website -
Seems they are still selling their psuedo native crafts...
http://whirlingrainbow.com/ceremonial.htm
Facebook (their foundation) seems Suraj has really been working every angle she can to bilk people still...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081081&id=1002852562
Whirling Rainbow Foundation seeks your support to secure this acquisition. We seek to raise $480,000 by October 31, 2010. We have received an initial donation of $50,000. We request your contribution toward the remaining $430,000. With your support, we will begin to create an international facility that will serve all Nations and all people in our quest for global peace and universal harmony. WE WELCOME YOUR SUPPORT IN THE REALIZING THIS VISION!
WEBSITE DONATION LINK:
http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/store.htm

I thought this was interesting...
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162856357073911&index=1

And her newsletter...she is still doing her hokey drum workshops and posting her hokey pics with beaded headbands etc.

Transformational Healing
Sessions with White Eagle
Spiritual Counsel 1-2 hr sessions
Spirit Walk Sessions- 2 hr. sessions
Rites of Passage, Apprenticeships, Teachings
Register at: http://whirlingrainbow.com/sessions.htm
Or call 907-745-5636 for appointment by phone.

You still find Native references and her crazy pics of herself everywhere... she has adapted to the outcry against what she is doing... but it makes her no more legitimate than before. She is still a thief.

Offline White Horse

« Reply #713 on: December 20, 2010, 03:06:30 pm »
She has re-surfaced on Facebook. I was checking people I might know section and White Eagle Medine Woman was one of the people listed with over 3000 followers. Here is a link to her Facebook page:   http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1002852562

Info she posted about herself:   White Eagle Medicine Woman (Suraj Holzwarth) is the director and drum keeper of the International GrandMother Drum Peace Project. She is an international shamanic healer, seer, and ritual and performance artist

Employers   

* The Whirling Rainbow Foundation
      Executive Director
      The Whirling Rainbow Foundation is an international spiritual and educational 501c3 organization which honors and celebrates the diverse cultural and spiritual paths of the human family. The foundation cultivates the universal teachings of inner peace, loving compassion, wisdom and understanding at the core of every culture and spiritual tradition.

Sorry I wanted to post this in Frauds section, but I didn't see a new topic button on page.  Thanks, White Horse 
Living that life, some consider a Myth!

Offline White Horse

« Reply #714 on: December 20, 2010, 03:09:16 pm »
Link to video of her grandmother drum. She still keeps bringing it out?  http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1529988521984
Living that life, some consider a Myth!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »
Thanks, Sal. I am glad yopu got these posted  and am sorry I did not get back to you. We have lots going on at home right now and some emails did n ot get answered in a timely manner.

Offline Cat

« Reply #716 on: February 23, 2011, 06:31:24 pm »
Just when you thought it was over  :-X

http://whirlingrainbow.com/schedule.htm

March 23-27, 2011
DRUM FOR A CHANGE:
COMMUNITY DRUMKEEPERS SHAMANIC INITIATION
10am-6pm daily

When we hear the drum calling, we are being invited on a profound journey of the heart. Join Grandmother Drumkeeper White Eagle Medicine Woman for an inspiring, energizing, healing and fun five day Shamanic Initiation for Community DrumKeepers and join the DRUM FOR A CHANGE GLOBAL DRUMKEEPERS NETWORK of Grandmother Drum International Peace Project. White Eagle will initiate the project’s newest Community “Mother” Drum, Sedona’s “ Hoop of Many Colors” and welcomes all experience levels of drummers, dancers, healers, teachers and spiritual seekers who are called by the drum to take a more active part in strengthening the Heartbeat of Community. We will make both Hoop Drums and Community Drums and initiate the new DrumKeepers into our Global peace work.

During this amazing week you will: • Create a Hoop Drum or Community “Mother“ Drum and Shamanic Rattle • Gather Your Medicine from the Heart of the Medicine Wheel Teachings • Awaken the Power of Your Voice - Songs for Intention, Power, Healing, Manifestation, and Inspiration. • Receive and Give Shamanic Healing and Attunements with Drums and Rattles Learn Community Drum Protocol and Drum Patterns, Leading Songs & Group Dances with Hoop and Community Drums. • Illuminate Your Soul thru Shamanic Healing Methods and Sacred Space • Reclaim Your Authentic Self with Animal Medicine and The DRUM DANCE PORTAL CEREMONY.

Cost $795 Includes Five day workshop, all workshop materials and food. Additional Costs: Transportation from airport, lodging, purchase of hoop drum, Community Drums and Rattles. SIGN UP

Please contact us in advance if you are being called to build a Community “Mother” Drum. In Sedona Contact: Jim Petruzzi (Graywolf )jpetruzzi@hotmail.com 928-649-1368.

Offline Cat

« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »
..and their crazy drums for sale.... http://whirlingrainbow.com/painteddrums.htm

Offline naparyaq

« Reply #718 on: March 07, 2011, 05:48:02 am »

It turns out that a different phony wannabe in Alaska circles back to Eklutna, White Eagle and Whirling Rainbow, "GrandMother Drum" thing. ...(sigh)...of course. Predictable. Alaska's just not big enough. It's so strange how it all comes back around.

The reason I bring it here is that it's a really fine illustration of how some of the really bad stuff perpetuates itself, seemingly without consequence. White Eagle Medicine Woman is becoming quite wealthy and a landholder.
There's an Alaska prostitute claiming to have "carnal knowledge" of Todd Palin. She's got a blog and soliciting donations because she's broke, abandoned by her family, and suffering much for having attempted to "tell her story." In the meantime, she's holding out for a million-dollar deal with National Enquirer or some other magazine.

This woman offered up a prayer for Todd Palin on her blog. It was all kinds of crazy twinkie crap and obviously baloney. Badly done embarrassing baloney, "All My Relations," a bunch of stuff mispelled that was supposed to be Lakota.
She was cautioned about this, to which she responded that she can say whatever she wants, that her parents have been adopted into "the Lakota tribe" and Pipe Carriers. Totally defensive, defiant and angry. She goes on to claim that she's a Pipe Carrier too and many people know of her magic. Or something to that effect. Oh, and she's also a Reiki Master as well as a Native American "spiritualist." By her own admission she is non-Native and in fact, East Indian.

And of course, it's all wrapped up in Whirling Rainbow. Yet another unlikely set of credential inconsistent with age, experience, location, heritage, etc.

Here's how it's working out:
Lonnie Prairie Chicken (for real, I think) -  Oglala, Strong Heart Drummers "drum keeper", self-identifies as a descendant of Crazy Horse. He hangs with White Eagle and supports Holzwarth and the drum project/foundation/whatever it is.
http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/donations.htm

This is confusing, because I think Prairie Chicken is the real deal, and yet I'm struggling with why he would support this garbage and associate himself with it. Does he "adopt" white guys and make them Pipe Carriers? Or is he unknowingly being used himself?
He lives in Wasilla; he's buddies with a Larry Lawes, a white guy who is possibly the father of the object of my attention. Larry drums with Strong Heart Drummers and "sings" in Lakota. This could be how he came to consider himself a "Lakota Pipe Carrier." His picture shows he's definitely not Hindu (or East Indian of any kind).

Larry is intimate friends with a Terri Boswell, a member of Citizen Potowatami Nation (Shawnee, OK). There was a Potowatami gathering in Alaska this summer hosted by Eklutna. Terri Boswell was in some kind of naming ceremony, accompanied by Larry Lawes. Terri claims to do "an annual Sun Dance with Lakota and Ojibwe." Terri is a woman.
http://www.potawatomi.org/pubinfo/HowNiKan/HowNiKan-May2010LR.pdf

Question:
How come if these people are all endowed with the secrets of the Himalayas and the Kamasutra, Native American Shamans and medicine people, how come they have to resort to prostitution and panhandling? How come they don't just blink money into their bank accounts?
I mean, shucks, I would, right?

"Tonkashula, Watchimawcaw"(sic), Ms. Tripp.

Read more: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3225.msg28078#new#ixzz1Fsj0dVci

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #719 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

And of course, it's all wrapped up in Whirling Rainbow. Yet another unlikely set of credential inconsistent with age, experience, location, heritage, etc.

Here's how it's working out:
Lonnie Prairie Chicken (for real, I think) -  Oglala, Strong Heart Drummers "drum keeper", self-identifies as a descendant of Crazy Horse. He hangs with White Eagle and supports Holzwarth and the drum project/foundation/whatever it is.
http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/donations.htm

This is confusing, because I think Prairie Chicken is the real deal, and yet I'm struggling with why he would support this garbage and associate himself with it. Does he "adopt" white guys and make them Pipe Carriers? Or is he unknowingly being used himself?
He lives in Wasilla; he's buddies with a Larry Lawes, a white guy who is possibly the father of the object of my attention. Larry drums with Strong Heart Drummers and "sings" in Lakota. This could be how he came to consider himself a "Lakota Pipe Carrier." His picture shows he's definitely not Hindu (or East Indian of any kind).

Larry is intimate friends with a Terri Boswell, a member of Citizen Potowatami Nation (Shawnee, OK). There was a Potowatami gathering in Alaska this summer hosted by Eklutna. Terri Boswell was in some kind of naming ceremony, accompanied by Larry Lawes. Terri claims to do "an annual Sun Dance with Lakota and Ojibwe." Terri is a woman.
http://www.potawatomi.org/pubinfo/HowNiKan/HowNiKan-May2010LR.pdf

I looked at that first link you posted and didn't see the connection to Lonnie. It seems to be a list of donations. Some of them were no doubt deceived, didn't know to who they were giving. Borders is listed, as is a sheet metal company, barge line, builder's supply, etc. More than likely they were told "It's for a Native religious group" and gave scrap metal or building supplies etc. Plus there are several Holzwarths listed, likely relatives. It could be Suraj Holzwarth has family who married Natives. (Or are partners. One kept her maiden name.) So she has to rely on them now that she can't sell ceremony in most places.

I don't know if I'd call that gathering in Alaska a Potawatomi one. It seems to have begun with a Lakota man who probably invited anyone Native to participate. Perhaps Holzwarth relied on her relatives married or living with Native men. Perhaps Larry simply doesn't know all that's going on. Is he elderly? Often frauds will try to cosy up to elders, misrepresent themselves, make themselves useful and then use them.

Oh yeah, I think it's pretty funny that Holzwarth actually hides her face behind a mask on her site. Did anyone else notice that she will be touring Canada in a month? And Australia for two months next year.