Author Topic: John Roos, claiming enrollment with lakota nation  (Read 44590 times)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: John Roos, claiming enrollment with lakota nation
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 10:35:01 pm »
I don't see details of a business agreement in your posts, gdmedicine. Can we have some more details, please?

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 12:52:58 am »
I still don't understand how you can be adopted and enrolled. Even if you are adopted does not mean you get enrolled unless your bio-parents are enrolled.
What kind of paper work are you talking about?? What is his enrollment number?
I am asking for proof.

I am under the same impression. My stepfather was Harry Young ,a enrolled Oglala. I could never be enrolled. Only "Hunka shila" to him. It's nonsense. You must be blood to be enrolled and the Lakota Nation does not adopt. He won't have proof.

Offline Chaska

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 06:25:27 am »
Here are the Legal docuements pertaining to the so called grudge that involves the Yarnells (Wanna-be John Roo's friends)....note that these are signed docuements.....
note that once Chris Padgett had arranged for funding of 1.5 Million for the Yarnells, they didn't need his services anymore and avoided paying him his fees....
Note the lawyer letter to Chris Padgett......
I disassociated myself and my people (NDN) from the Yarnells, because their Word was no good...I informed John Roo's the Yarnells word was no good....
and now for those that are concerned let it be known that John Roo's word is no good....
so there is no grudge...just exposure for all to see that these individuals (yarnells and Roos) are liars and confabulators......its in black and white.....

Offline Chaska

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 06:42:28 am »
For those Concerned about these docuements posted, they may reach Chris Padgett at #813-628-4394.......
currently, Mr. Chris Padgett, has arranged funding for several foundations, involving BILLIONS (not Millions) and sits on the Board of Directors for Plasma Arc Technologies (plasmaarctechnologies.com)

Offline matt e

• my site
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 07:14:58 am »
when someone makes a claim that xxxx and/or xxxx person trained and/or authorized them to conduct something, or that they are a member of xxxx tribe/nation. they are counting on people being too lazy to pick up a phone and make a call, or write an email, or write a letter  to those people to verify it.
 all it takes to prove if someone is lying or telling the truth is one of these simple things. the people will respond either yes or no. I am sure that they would rather get a bunch of phone calls, or letters asking for verification, then to have a fraud using their name.
feel free to share any post I make as long as you give me credit. I want everyone to know who to send the hate mail to.

Offline gdmedicine

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 05:05:04 am »
hey barnaby...theres the documents posted from the person who got all the proof on roos and the yarnells....so ya see..its all there in black and white....

Offline Chaska

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:34 pm »
The Yarnells (Lance and Krista) were members of the recent post "Wolf's Heart Lodge, sons and daughters of the Earth"........the Fake NDN group out of St. Pete Florida

Offline NagiWKI

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 05:53:26 pm »
Mr. Denny, your financial arrangements with the Yarnells have nothing to do with this other than they're your personal burden and issue.

Since you and I met last fall, you've done nothing to provide alternative facilitation of the recovery circle here, you've done nothing to present yourself at any of the meetings or other events taking place there, in fact you've done nothing at all but raise cane via the Internet. On the other hand, the recovery circle has met every week except one, and Mr. Roos has KEPT his word to be there every time. 

And yes, let's all jump up and plague the Methodist Church with complaints, shall we? That will ensure that the opportunities for a free meeting place and other support they've given for all activities at that particular location end immediately, and that any headway made in creating similar opportunities at other Methodist churches in East Tennessee come to a screeching halt.

Educated Indian, you wanted me to address the issues I have with various posts on this board myself, well here you go.

1) Chaska Denny has been in Tennessee a whopping 1.5 or so years. He has not attended any of the meetings of the circle or other regularly scheduled gatherings held at that church. He did not attend the winter social held there in December. He states he's holding a sweat. He sells a book about how to do certain things like build sweat lodges, etc. To my knowledge he's contributed nothing to the local Indian community. Maybe you should be asking Mr. Denny if he's carding the folks attending his sweat or buying his book, ya think?

2) Mr. Denny had the opportunity to secure replacements for Mr. Roos at the recovery circle, but was informed the circle would not be shut down until he did so which is a good thing since he's not uttered a peep to me since.  I will not remove the opportunity for people seeking help and support for their addictions. He's been given the opportunity to provide replacements and he has done NOTHING to do so. I'm not going to allow those people attending that circle to suffer because of his vendetta and whether ya'll want to believe it or not this IS his vendetta.

3) All you folks are sitting miles away googling this that and the other thing and assuming everything you read is the way it is. Not ONE of you have ever picked up a phone and called me, my organization, or anyone else involved in most of the relevant posts to confirm or request any information.  On the other hand, I've spent literally hours on the phone with White Bison and reviewed most of their available literature and programs, explained everything about the talking circle here to them and not once have they said, "You need to knock that off." I've explained to them exactly who I was and never once did they say, "Well damn. You're not Indian enough to do this." In fact, what they did was send me information on upcoming training sessions they encouraged me to attend!

Let me explain to you what John Roos is. John Roos is someone who gives a damn whether people get help and support for dealing with their addictions. John Roos is facilitating a weekly talking circle at a local church. John Roos has kept his word to me and to the program we worked together to start.

If ANY of you want to know what's going on with this program or anything else at that church or that I'm involved in, here's a suggestion. Pick up the phone and call ME. My contact information is NOT hard to find.  You're blasting my name all over your board and not one of you has ever contacted me in ANY way EXCEPT Denny and he ONLY contacted me after I said the same thing to him.

Valerie Ohle

frederica

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 07:48:27 pm »
Valerie,  Sorry, but I am missing something. Your name was brought up as you were a Lay Minister of the Native American Ministeries, Methodist Church. Contact number was included. Later it was brought up as on the Tenn List post from Oct/Nov you had met with C. Denning and it was worked out. And it was noted it was worked out before the post here. That's a good thing. I see nothing bad about that. The disagreement seem to lie with two others, maybe three, but it hard to decide who is a troll and who is not with some of the names used. I can't see that you are involved in any of the rest. You were coordinator of a program and worked that out by meeting with Denning. I doubt seriously anyone here would storm the Methodist Church with complaints. If they wanted information they would have called the Native American Ministeries of which you are a part.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:00:21 pm by frederica »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 01:10:31 am »
Thought the name Ohle sounded familiar. Ohle also got taken in by Lawrence Sampson, the fake pretending to be an AIM member. She exploded in two very looooong emails she sent me awhile back, but avoided answering my question asking about how she got fooled by him into letting him be on their board for two years. Instead she went into the same persecution complex bit, even though her group was only very briefly mentioned in the Sampson thread.

Basically her newest rant avoids the main issue in the same way: Is Roo what he claims to be or not?

Ohle sidesteps that and asks why we don't call her, and once against jumps to the conclusion she's been personally attacked when nothing bad had been said about her. And I have no idea why she addressed me when I've said almost nothing in this thread.

frederica

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 01:18:05 am »
She was never under attack by any of us. Nor was the program. It was some individual claims that were questioned.

Offline Chaska

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:06 pm »
I provided my particular information, proving who I am, my tribal identification, my CDIB....Certified Degree of Indian Blood....these are what YOU requested from me.......so when I asked YOU.....Wheres yours....you (Valerie) couldnt produce anything as I did, so your not a member of any Federally Recognized Tribe.....I am not a drug or alcoholic, I do not need to attend any meetings.  These financial documents are proof that John Roos so called grudge is non existent....just as this so called enrollment with the Lakota....its only a lie that he perpetuates.....what I see and know now is, is there is scads of fakes claiming to be affiliated to some kind of Tribe, yet have nothing to show to prove it, yet are in positions representing NDN people or programs or isssues......
                                                      Thats Crazy.....
John Roos needs to fess up and be himself.....and not claim NDN
other than that I dont care about John Roos, you or any of those other fakes out there who attend or believe in anything YOU or John Roos does.......
My manuscript is for those who are NDN and have been raised in non Indian society (Like YOU and Roos), who do not know of basic Ways, My Manuscript is for the Young generation of NDN, to understand the basic ways.....
Just as YOU have your ways, but these ways comes from deep within NDN Reservation NDN......
John Wanna-be Roos IS NOT a Lakota and IS NOT enrolled in the Lakota Nation.....thats TRUTH
Prove it John, Prove it Valerie, Prove it Steve Wildsmith....
I proved MINE now show us yours.......

Offline quicksilverwade

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 12:51:44 am »
He's not "claiming." He's enrolled through his adopted mother, Muriel Ashmore, buried on Dave Swallow's property.

Enrolled through his adopted mother?  Sounds like Duane Big Eagle of Crow Creek who lost the council race this year.

Offline porkypine

• Fort Hall, ID
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 04:01:09 am »
Hi Wade... Really?  Who's the new council?  Will they do something to turn it around for the people?
Get used to it... I CAN NOT type worth a darn.. lol

Offline Wakalopi14

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 12:27:45 am »
I'm not sure anyone will even read this, as it's been several years since the last post, but as I've known John since 12/92, I thought I'd add a few things, and if anyone would like me to elaborate, I will. I need to say that I am wasichu, but I've considered myself to be Red Road for over 20 years, and I hope my skin color will not be of importance in what I have to say. Muriel was Oneida/Dakota, so John claiming to be Lakota due to his being adopted by her is nonsense. She is NOT buried at David Swallows, but at Walter Little Moon's property at Wounded Knee. I know because I helped to put her in the ground and shoveled dirt to cover her up. The last Inipi I was in with John, I told those praying about my thoughts on John parading around camp with his shirt off to show off his piercing scars from Sun Dance, and how arrogant and wrong I felt that was. John was in attendance at that Lodge, and we barely spoke for years after, and it was only when Muriel was really sick and apparently ready to commence her Spirit Walk that he asked me to help get her out of Swedish Medical Center to attend a Lodge and House Ceremony. John was the person who introduced me to Robert Cross, Muriel, and Inipi, so I felt a certain amount of loyalty to him to keep my thoughts about him private, but most of the people who prayed with Muriel expressed disappointment around him, and it fell to me to deal with him. Muriel commended me for saying what I did in Inipi, and though she had adopted him, she confided in me certain things that I told her I would not repeat, and even though she's been gone 14 years, I will keep that promise. Suffice it to say she was disappointed in him as well. While I haven't seen John since Muriel passed, and I do believe people can change and grow, and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I can easily see that all of the allegations made against him are believable. There are many more examples I can give of John passing along incorrect understandings of Lakota Ceremonies, and while at this point it's all probably moot, if anyone needs to know more, I will elaborate.
Mitakuye Oyasin
Changleska Wakan Apichiyapi