Author Topic: Clan of the Lakotas  (Read 5883 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Clan of the Lakotas
« on: November 25, 2007, 02:48:08 pm »
http://clanslakota.proboards52.com/

It is  game about wolves and it is very offensive
In Spirit

frederica

Re: Clan of the Lakotas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:08:47 am »
Aside from being offensive it looks stupid. I guess can see if they respond to an e-mail.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 03:53:09 am »
There is a thread on this "Clan of the Lakotas" here ;

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1322.0

frederica

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 05:23:46 pm »
E-mail still doesn't work. I remember the other thread. Unfortantly the name is copyrighted. I read recently Nations and Tribes cannot copyright their name, but apparently others can. Guess that is why you have Mohawk Carpets, Navajo Movers, Cherokee Jeeps among a few. Since the e-mail is non-working hopefully the game was a flop. Of course, the other option is that he received too many complaints and took the e-mail down.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:48:45 am »
In Spirit

frederica

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »
I talked with someone today, and both these sites have "ads by Google". This is a pretty big business. Everytime some hits one of the ads these people are paid by Google. He says Google pays out several billion dollars a year to sites like this for the ads. Looks like it is more than just a game.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 07:40:50 pm »
They do make up stories about Indianz on the site
with Shamans
In Spirit

frederica

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:23:47 pm »
I saw that. Looks like they have also been complained about. Saw one say that they didn't have to listen to what what said by what they call "spammers".

frederica

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 02:02:45 am »
Can't find an e-mail address on the Sioux/Blackfoot site, but a lot of the ads are from Sheridan Wyoming. I did check Google and it does have a diversity program. But most of the site is sales and techobabble. The only email address I can find is Press@google.com and this is a media address for press releases and arranging programs.  Their address is: Google, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View Ca 94043  Phone 1-650-253-0000  Fax 1-650-253-0001 I don't think they can be made to take these down, but if Google removes their Ads by Google it would cut down on their income. Not sure it will happen. It could be presented as false information, no shamans, no clans, no wolf clan, Just inappropiate. Sure is a lot of these role-players out there.

frederica

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 07:32:02 am »
Here is some more about what you are up against with these games. I notice these two have a PG-13 rating. That's about as far as it goes. There has been a lot of complaints about many of these as they kill people for points. There have been Congressional Hearings on these for many reasons and all they got was a rating system and told the people that make them to be more responsible. Here is just one article, there is a ton of information about what people think of these. http://culturalpolicy.uchicago.edu/conf2001/papers/walsh.html