Author Topic: History vs Religions.....winner History  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Ganieda

• Chaos, panic and disorder, my work here is done.
History vs Religions.....winner History
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:46:32 pm »
History vs Religions.....winner History

(or...."Why I am Pagan"....)

http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/viewtopic.php?t=7516

scroll down a bit and click on play button.

After watching this movie clip...Could you tell me one more time why I should embrace Christianity as my "European" heritage?

I can trace my ancestry back to the original "celtic" settlements that arrived from the northern areas and settled in the area around what is now Austria.  The population of these people then spread, mostly east and west as far as what is now Britain and Egypt with the largest group of "pure" celts now being in the area of Ireland.  (History in a very tiny nutshell)

"My people" lived in the peat bog areas of lower Europe, in the Netherland region.  Then, along came the Vikings, the from the north, raping and pillaging...and adding to my illustrious ancestry.  In time, the Spanish did the same. 

So, who am I?  Well, I'm NOT Christian.  "My people" never were.  They were pagans practising the age-old traditions of "shamanism" (just a word of communication here, not a definition), and animism.  Later, there was a veneer of Christianity, it was either that or die. 

Do I dare now to re-claim what was lost to me?  Yes.  And I find it in various places.  People move, they evolve, they change...and so do traditions.  But I try to seek them out and I try not to step on the traditions of others...although that can be difficult as there is a element of overlap. 

So I continue to honour the "creator-god", acknowledge the seven sacred directions, and believe that in EVERY thing there is spirit.  And I learn.
*May the Sun warm your Heart, The Moon light your Path and Sacred Mother Earth embrace and protect you always.*

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: History vs Religions.....winner History
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:50:58 am »
I'd have ignored this if you hadn't linked to the forum of "an American Patriot" who reckons Israel did 9/11 and uses code phrases like "the Zionist influence on America". Thanks for letting us know what other forums you frequent.

Offline Ganieda

• Chaos, panic and disorder, my work here is done.
Re: History vs Religions.....winner History
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:23:02 pm »
Sorry, Mr. McEwan, I do not frequent this forum.  I was sent the link simply for the video.  I could give a rat's ass about what the rest of that forum has to say. 
*May the Sun warm your Heart, The Moon light your Path and Sacred Mother Earth embrace and protect you always.*