Author Topic: Hello from a freelance mystic  (Read 5112 times)

Offline HCSpirit

• Hard Core Spirituality
Hello from a freelance mystic
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:34:38 pm »
"Freelance mystic" is what I call myself for lack of a better word. I'm not a member of any organized body, and I'm not "new age", though for lack of an affiliation I'm sometimes confused with "new age", and for lack of a "freelance mystical movement" (whatever that would be) I sometimes find myself hanging out with new age people on the Internet.

One of the places I sometimes spend time at recently went all ga-ga over someone named "Little Grandmother", and someone somehow got that "Little Grandmother" to make a cameo appearance on the board. The nonsense  (for some odd reason I didn't think North American tribes and Central American tribes had identical religious views which peculiarly resembled a 19th/20th century Russian con artist's attempted ripoff of the religions of India and Tibet)  led me to google the supposed "Little Grandmother" (she's a fraud- what a surprise  ::) ), and one of the places I found in that search was here.

In the past I've called the new age dabblers and pseudo-mystics "spiritual cowboys", because they treat serious matters that require discipline, courage, and commitment even if one has no formal religious affiliation as if it were the mythological "wild west" where anything goes. But I see there's another apt use of the phrase -- these cowboys steal things belonging to  Indians, too, in their quest for quick and easy enlightenment.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:50:19 pm by HCSpirit »

Offline Sparks

Re: Hello from a freelance mystic
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:08:00 pm »
My blog: http://www.hardcorespirituality.org

I quoted the signature to the previous post. When clicking the URL I get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.