Odds and Ends > Computer Issues

Revisions to Post

(1/1)

Autumn:
Has something happened to the revision function?

I just tried to revise a post by adding to it and, instead of adding to the post, it created a new post and copied the old post.  That seems like a waste of space to me and it is not how it used to be.  Maybe something happened to the settings during the downtime we had a short while back?

Defend the Sacred:
There are limited options in what functions we can make accessible to all members. We recently had to disable the "Modify" function for everyone but the mod/admin team because too many frauds were using it to delete incriminating content. The way the software works here doesn't allow for a lot of fine-tuning in individual settings, so we had to go with what worked best for the primary purposes of the board.

Autumn:

--- Quote ---There are limited options in what functions we can make accessible to all members. We recently had to disable the "Modify" function for everyone but the mod/admin team because too many frauds were using it to delete incriminating content. The way the software works here doesn't allow for a lot of fine-tuning in individual settings, so we had to go with what worked best for the primary purposes of the board.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for clarifying that.  I was confused about what was happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version