Author Topic: Many Birds Lodge, Michael Borg AKA "Walks the Wind," Joanne Proctor  (Read 74691 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
ETA: Name of the fraud organization added. Originally this was just about what seemed to be one misguided man. His followers seem desperate to continue the group, long after the man's own family admitted him being a fraud.

-----
These two made the news after the standoff in Australia, white imposter posing as Navajo healer in Australia.

-----
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-siege-aftermath-dawson-pilates-instructor-mourns-in-native-american-ceremony-20141219-12aq6a.html
Joanne Proctor was teaching Pilates at the exact moment Man Haron Monis stormed the Lindt cafe in Martin Place. Her students that fateful morning were the parents of Katrina Dawson.

No one knew then of the horror unfolding kilometres away that would, by morning, snatch the successful barrister and mother-of-three from her family and the world.

"I literally walked out of their house to Sydney in siege," Ms Proctor says.

She and her husband Walks The Wind, a Native American shaman or medicine man, have come to pray in Martin Place every day since the siege's tragic conclusion. They burn sage, a powerful medicine in traditional Navajo culture.

"I'm here on a personal level, for them," she said. "Katrina was the apple of their life. They are a really beautiful family.

"The Native American people believe the smoking of sage brings channels to [the] creator and cleanses the spirit, cleanses the body. So this is a cleansing ceremony...give away the bad, take on the good."...

-------
Also mentioned here.

http://india.indymedia.org/en/2003/04/4472.shtml
I have a friend, a real Navaho medicine man, Michael Walks the Wind, who lives and practises locally, whose traditions are very similar, and who is keen to come along and swop yarns with kaditcha men, if they are willing, He would probably be a lot more acceptable yet. The Navaho also call their sky god Yahweh, and have canoes, and their priests made very long journeys in them in the past, Michael informs me. He has met an Inuit man, who, he reports, over three years, on his young man’s journey, paddled his kayak from his homeland to New Zealand. It is not likely he was the first to make the trip.

Epiphany

Re: "Walks the Wind" & Joanne Proctor
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 07:02:45 pm »
Walks the Wind is a Navajo Road Priest who is honoured to be sharing the tradition of the Sweat Lodge ceremony with us all. The sweat lodge (also called purification ceremony) is a hut, typically dome-shaped and made with natural materials, used by the Indigenous people of the Americas for ceremonial steam baths and prayer.

http://mantra.swami.com.au/yoga-event-artists.html

THE TRINE OF THE STAR NATIONS - presented by 'Son of the Sun who Walks the Wind', a Navajo Holy Man, a Sun-Keeper, a watcher, a twisted hair, and a true descendant of the Syrian/Lemurian part of the 'Star Seed Trine'

During my forthcoming talk with you, I pray that I may relate well the History of the Sowing and the Reaping of this our home world. I shall speak for the 'Old Ones', the Wingmakers and the People of the Potters Wheel, who are my lineage and kindred kind. I shall relate the thousand years of trial and error, war and waste, but also I shall speak of the eternal hope that still burns strong, and the faith that fuels it, I shall speak of unity, peace and prosperity. I look forward to our meeting and melding, may you walk in peace, grace and beauty. Wind
http://www.wherevent.com/detail/THE-TRINE-OF-THE-STAR-NATIONS-presented-by-Son-of-the-Sun-who-Walks-the-Wind-a-Navajo-Holy-Man-a-Sun-Keeper-a-watcher-a-twisted-hair-and-a-true-descendant-of-the-SyrianLemurian-part-of-the-Star-Seed-Trine

This may be our Joanne Proctor: http://au.linkedin.com/pub/jo-proctor/72/4b7/839
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:05:46 pm by Piff »

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:00:57 pm »

-------
Also mentioned here.

http://india.indymedia.org/en/2003/04/4472.shtml
I have a friend, a real Navaho medicine man, Michael Walks the Wind, who lives and practises locally, whose traditions are very similar, and who is keen to come along and swop yarns with kaditcha men, if they are willing, He would probably be a lot more acceptable yet. The Navaho also call their sky god Yahweh, and have canoes, and their priests made very long journeys in them in the past, Michael informs me. He has met an Inuit man, who, he reports, over three years, on his young man’s journey, paddled his kayak from his homeland to New Zealand. It is not likely he was the first to make the trip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha

So why would an ndn medicine person be particularly interested in talking to kurdaitcha men?

Apart from that, at least this paragraph is worded in a pretty racist way: 'swopping yarns'...

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 11:29:40 pm »
The Navaho also call their sky god Yahweh, and have canoes,

ummmm, canoes in the desert??  And a quick search does not turn up  "yahweh" as a Navajo name for god.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 04:45:58 am »
http://mantra.swami.com.au/yoga-event-artists.html

I just couldn't help but notice the sneakers he is wearing with his regalia. Strange.

My research shows the Navajo Sky God is called Ahsonnutli.

Yah·weh
 (ya?w?, -w?) also Yah·veh (-v?, -v?) or Jah·veh (ya?v?, -v?) or Jah·weh (ya?w?, -w?)
n.
A name for God thought to represent the original pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton among the ancient Hebrews.

His connection with Lemuria just screams Nuage bs to me.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:23:30 am by loudcrow »

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:52:09 pm »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:14:02 pm by loudcrow »

Offline loudcrow

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 02:18:51 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/309662169184417/

It appears this group is also conducting Sun Dance :(
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:04:21 pm by loudcrow »

Offline loudcrow

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 02:54:54 pm »
I look at the Facebook pages and have to shake my head,
There so many cultures mixed up together with this guy,
What is Navajo doing wearing feather bonnet?
Why is he having a pipe ceremony?
Why is he uses Lakota words?
then Kiowa words and not Navajo?
Most Navajos called themselves Dine
Our Friends the Dine have a look and this guy don't look Navajo,
This man is a fraud
In Spirit

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
From their FB group:

"The Sacred Chanupa for Wind is completed! 3 Navajo elders travelling from the Dine nation (Wind's People) have blessed it in ceremony and put into the care of Gerardo to carry to Australia next week. Here's a little glimpse. I'll be making the final deposit tomorrow morning. I'll be covering the remaining $200 from your pledges. For we are all related! I love you all! Metakiase."

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »
Also from their FB group:

"Kwe Kwe! Thanks to White Wolf and Daniel who have contributed to the Chanupa last weekend. Shane is putting the last touch to the stem, attaching bear claws and is having it blessed by a series of elders. Gerardo is picking it up in Shane's town and will carry it with him to Australia. He is arriving on May 12...

I'm now calling for the last contributions from the hoop we need another $450 to cover the final costs. Please make a deposit to the bank account below or PM me if you'd like to pledge for a contribution but you don't have the funds available just now. Aho Metakuye Oyasin!

Bank: Commonwealth Bank,
Account Name: Wind Sacred Pipe Fund
BSB: 06 2692
Account Number: 1940 1687"

Wow.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 06:13:37 pm »
"blessed by a series of elders"….????? One good one should be enough, lol. Bunch of frauds, and what is all that junk on that dude's head? Possum nest?

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »
nice buckskin brah.....real navajo

probably safe to put this guy in the fraud section
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:03:56 pm by milehighsalute »

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 06:37:49 pm »
i called up some of my navajo friends here.....ther are alot of them here in denver........i asked em what a "sun keeper" was........none of them had any idea or ever heard of a sun keeper