General > Member Introductions

HI! I used 2 be a new age ndn.

<< < (3/3)

used2bnaf:
Saskia,
Thank you for your kind and articulate message.  I really appreciate reading these words.  they have been very helpful to my soul.  Again, thank you.

used2b

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: Saskia on July 22, 2012, 09:43:26 am ---It sounds as though they helped you and gave you community when you really needed it.  Now that you have grown beyond the lies and your integrity has forced you to leave, you are left asking "who am I"?  It is the same with many New Age groups but not all are set up to be deliberately fraudulent and often many of them do do some good but because of their lack of true foundations, eventually the cracks begin to show. 

The 'Core Shamanism' route 'can' (not always) have similar problems because there is no cultural foundation to base it upon.  Having to re-learn and distance oneself (can you tell that I am talking about myself here?) from the only 'family' who have given one community, teaching and healing is incredibly difficult. 

I remember speaking to one well respected teacher about sweat lodge. She openly admitted that back in the 60's and 70's, there was nobody to teach them.  What they learned came from travelling to the USA and learning directly from 1st nation people there.  When they returned to Europe, so many wanted to know, to share and to experience.  They yearned for this part of their lives which Christianity had taken away from them but who could teach them?  So they did what they were lead by Spirit to do then and shared what they had learned.  If it was wrong, then they did not know it.  What it did do, however, was to start opening the doors of acceptance and perception to people who had, themselves, been stripped of their own nature based spirituality centuries ago, yet who knew in their hearts this was the truth they were seeking.

Lots of mistakes have been made by every person/ethnic group on the planet but somehow this tide is turning and it is people like you and I who have been there and know the difference who can start to look again at who we are so that we don't make those same mistakes twice.

Whatever lead you to that group 11 years ago, you needed to be there.  Now that you don't, this major part of knowing who you really are has started to click into place.  Try not to be so hard on yourself.  Everything around us teaches us - even a gentle wind teaches us not to urinate in that direction, it's all part of some larger purpose and knowing that you are part of that larger purpose is pretty amazing!

--- End quote ---
bold added

Saskia... this may need its own thread and not used2bnaf's intro, but... I find these statements very curious coming from you. It makes me uncomfortable seeing you post this stuff and trying to advise him.  Care to share with the rest of the board what services you offer on your website, and what organizations and individuals you promote and work with? I just checked your site again, and as far as I can see you have made no changes to it since you joined here. How does that fit with what you are saying above? Why don't you start an intro thread for yourself and tell us again what you are involved with and why you are here?

Again, this is not a site for defending appropriation, finding clients, or making people feel better about participating in cultural genocide. This is the second time you've been asked this.

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Epiphany on June 20, 2012, 01:46:00 am ---This cult education forum is really helpful http://www.rickross.com/ along with NAFPS.
--- End quote ---

This excellent resource is now The Cult Education Institute: https://www.culteducation.com

The forum is here: http://forum.culteducation.com

There is also a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/culteducation/
Rick Ross introduces the Institute: https://www.facebook.com/culteducation/videos/1028133283958598/

Used2bnaf:
Just want to leave this here so that anyone who encounters my other posts can see that it is ok to change your mind.

This seems as good a place as any. I appreciate the work of this website.
However,  In looking squarely at my behavior from 2012 to 2015(6), I am filled with regret for my actions by posting this thread and others on this website.  I think that is why after a period of time I deleted my Account.  I cannot take back the words made indelible here. I can only apologize,  say I was wrong, I said these things from a deep place of woundedness, my intent was not to shine a light but to cause pain, and if my words caused anyone reading this harm, I am not difficult to locate. There are some I will contact directly to make arrangements to make f2f amends.

Roy
Used2bnaf a judgemental wounded idiot

educatedindian:
You should applauded for your willingness to change and take a serious look at the consequences of your actions. Others can learn from such examples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version