Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 651871 times)

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2008, 05:28:49 pm »
When I say husband it is in reference legal and common law.  There was a discussion with pictures of them all together in their home in Alaska.  And yes I have a problem with a "traditional spiritual leader" mixing it up with East Inidian New Age stuff, and that is not to mention a Strega Wiccan Priestess.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline bls926

« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2008, 06:05:17 pm »
Seems the more we uncover, the worse it gets.

I read something last night about Holzwarth and she was quoting Carlos Castaneda. She compared herself to Jody Foster's character in Contact and Richard Dreyfus in Close Encounters in the same interview. The woman is strange, that's for sure; but I think she's motivated more by money than the voices in her head. She's going to say whatever she thinks her audience wants to hear.

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2008, 06:16:23 pm »
I read that blurb too, I thought "What the heck is this crap about Contact?????   Seems like she is in that grop that killed themselves because they were supposed to be taken away in the spaceship.  Is she trying to start her own cult?"  I even wrote it down because I was going to draw attention to it on this forum. then my computer crashed. GRRR!
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2008, 07:11:17 pm »
Wow. The song list is a real salad bar of out-of-context and misinterpreted stuff. I recognize some of the songs from when I went to Neopagan events. I think she has mis-credited a lot of these, or not credited them. The lyrics to some of these are here: http://www.culturemagic.org/PDF/c6Chants05.pdf

But that page also has a lot of it wrong. Like "We all come from the Goddess" is credited to Z. Budapest, but it's just her adaptation of a Christian song, "We all come from God."  (To be fair, I think Z. tells people she wrote it. *shrugs*)  I think Rachel/WEW is doing the same thing as all the other Nuagers - not really looking into where these things come from.  Or, just not caring.  Actually, I'd say it's both. The people who put together that page are Nuagers and Wiccans. One of them is a young white woman who lives out near me, selling ceremonies from lots of different cultures, another is part of that "Witch School" in Hoopeston, IL.

Arapaho Ghost Dance Song May We All Fly Like Eagles
Eagle Song Arapahoe Ghost Dance

If this is the one I think it is, hippies and Nuagers have been using it since at least the late seventies, probably earlier. I have no idea if it's really Arapaho, or if that's just what the white people think it is.

Ancient Mother (credit given to traditonal african song with verses added by Brooke Medicine Eagle)

This page linked above credits it to Starhawk. I thought a woman I used to play music with, named Alaina, wrote it...

Yemaya, Yahweh (credit given by spirit to White ... Woman and her current protege')

OK, I find this really offensive. Yemaya is the West African (Yoruba) goddess of the Ocean. She has nothing to do with the Christian/Middle Eastern god Yahweh. (ETA - looks like that's the chant they're doing here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=l6_Uw2w1d3E )

Geez... It's all back to the "if it makes me feel spirchul and special, it doesn't matter what the words mean, or who wrote them." Or what ceremonies they are used for traditionally, and what the standards are for those ceremonies. She's just picked up whatever wasn't nailed down and run with it.  Or she got a crowbar and pried it out of it's context (to mix metaphors) and stole it when no one was looking.  *feels sick*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:04:06 pm by Kathryn NicDh? na »

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #424 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:30 pm »
Kathryn:
The Ghost Dance Songs are 2 different songs, and the WHOLE thing is making me sick.  We had a "Road Man" for the NAC with us and he was DEFINITELY not happy with the Peyote Song being in there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:44:51 pm by Half-Wolf »
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #425 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:30 pm »
Please check this out...

http://www.sut-gatheringofeagles.org/goe_info.php

Rachel Holzwarth has formed a new organization called Gathering of Eagles and they are scheduled to do their fake thing near the Butte in June.

We've just been informed of this by Marcie Lane

http://www.sut-gatheringofeagles.org/goe_info.php

Heads up everyone ,Tamra just called on her way to Free Spirit Camp Grounds  next to Rosebud Lodge to try and stop the upcoming scheduled  White "Ego" Woman and her group of fakes from putting on their show near Bear Butte soon. I know someone in our group has been doing all they can to stop her but I can't find the emails as to who has been working on this. Who ever it is please lend a hand on this one. Rachel Holzwarth has formed a new organization called Gathering of Eagles and they are scheduled to do their fake thing near the Butte in June. The camp ground called Tamra to ask if she knew who these people were and she is on her way to try and see if she can stop it but she will need everyone's help who has had anything to do with stopping Rachel's  shows in Michigan.
Thanks,

Marcie Lane
Committee Member
Protect Sacred Sites " Indigenous People,One Nation"
www.protectsacredsites.org
863-425-5478
There are no leaders in Unity

frederica

« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2008, 08:09:32 pm »
She shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of the Butte. And even that may be too close.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2008, 08:23:11 pm »
Frederica...I totally agree...Cant seem to find much on this new org though...but Im spreading the word.

frederica

« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:09 pm »
I'll  check but it may be a totally new brain child of hers. How did she get herself invited?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 08:31:00 pm by frederica »

wanbli

« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:34 pm »

From Tamra:

ok, I just got back from the campground and talking with these people. It looks like they are NOT connected to Rachel White Eagle Woman Hozwarth, Whirling Rainbow Woman, whatever other names she has. This group has had this Gathering of Eagles; The Spiritual Unity of Tribes event, for 20 years or so, all over the world. They were recently contacted by White Eagle Woman, she wanted to work with them on their events, including this one. The people in charge told her that everyone was welcome to attend any of their events, they were open to the public. If she wanted to come, she could, however it would be as a individual, not as apart of their committee or gathering.<br style="display:none"/><br /> <br /> <br />I made them aware of the movement to shut her and everything she was doing down. They knew nothing about it. I told them that White Eagle Woman, has made it appear that she is part of this Gathering of Eagles; Unity of Tribes, putting on this event at Bear Butte.<br style="display:none"/><br /> They were surprised, they knew nothing about that either, they stated they have never even met her! <br /> <br />It appears these folks are working with a Lakota spiritual leader, he is apart of their committee for Gathering of Eagles. For now, I am not going to publish this person's name yet.<br style="display:none"/><br />   <br /> <br />OK, with that said, that they are not involved with her........there is still a issue at hand. These people are non Indians and this event really should not take place here.<br style="display:none"/><br /> <br /> <br />I am in the process of making calls right now to get some local people involved. From what I have been told so far, these people are very well known for their new age events.<br style="display:none"/><br /> <br /> <br />I will get back to you all ASAP.<br style="display:none"/><br /> <br /> <br />In peace & solidarity, <br />Tamra

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2008, 08:43:49 pm »
Well Im glad she isnt anything to do with these guys...but dang...they're popping up all over the place eh? These people need looking into....they should not be permitted to 'perform' at or near Bear Butte.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2008, 10:08:56 pm »
the WHOLE thing is making me sick.  We had a "Road Man" for the NAC with us and he was DEFINITELY not happy with the Peyote Song being in there.

Yeah. It's the whole thing. She has no right to the traditional songs.

Offline bls926

« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2008, 10:49:42 pm »
The Spiritual Unity of Tribes has been holding these gatherings since 1989. The first one was in Saskatchewan, Canada. When held in the Black Hills, they're called Gathering of Eagles; first one was in 1992 and they've been held there more than any other place. Everyone attending is encouraged to share a story, song, prayer, teaching, etc.

http://sut-gatheringofeagles.org/index.php

There's no mention of Rachel Holzwarth, the Grandmother Drum, or the Whirling Rainbow Foundation on their website. She would have probably made a major production out of her sharing.

frederica

« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2008, 11:48:53 pm »
I guessing that is how she managed to get herself invited. I knew it had been around awhile.

Offline mtig49

« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2008, 12:33:56 am »
Half-Wolf i just got home and will try to get a video up soon! But wouldn't you know  that i got sick this weekend!
I don't know if it was her or just a bug, but makes you thing!
"Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have."