Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 651215 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2008, 12:10:24 am »
I couldn't get the powwow.com link to work either. You have to go to the homepage and do a search for grandmother drum. It shows up at
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/native-issues/43892-grandmother-drum-project-whirling-rainbow-foundation.html?=

Apparently an Alaska Native going by Blackbear knows exactly what kind of a person she is.

--------------------
Blackbear
Gone Fishing
 Yes.. I do.. and I've posted about this woman before! She's a flaky, pale white chick with red hair who was claiming Seneca when I first met her but did'nt recognize her "traditional" songs and found out her family was Twyla Nitch.

She is the one that started this grandmother drum project because the natives up here started telling her that women are'nt supposed to be on a powwow drum and I don't think she liked being told she could'nt because she was a woman.

She tries to act all peaceful and serene and she just gives you the willies to stand next to her like most of these really flaked out New Agers.

-----------------------

Later on he comments about Nitsche:

"Twylah is enrolled with the Seneca Nation of Indians but only becuase she fits the criteria. She's not got a quantum that would impress anyone but she's down a maternal line so she qualifies. She also never grew up with the Seneca, around or involved with them in any way shape or form but passes her new age crap off as traditional seneca spiritualism. And apparently she adopts just about everyone she meets."

"After all her misleading of the whole Seneca culture and misrepresentation.. personally I would have moved to have had her dis-enrolled myself. But I know people who have called the main offices for SNI and they don't deny she's enrolled but don't exactly lay claim to her either."

---------------
Then he answers a post by another member.

03-25-2008, 03:03 PM    #18 (permalink) 
Blackbear
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WocusWoman 
YouTube - GrandMother Drum White Eagle
I'm sorry, here is the Link of her promotional video. I had a hard time not giggling at it.

"Did you ever meet her? I'd be surprised if you have'nt... she used to "drum" for a short time with that mixed gender drum from Anchorage (who now does'nt let women on the drum) and used to go to all the alaskan powwows until people started telling her to take a hike.

The first time I saw her was on the eating break at the Eklutna powwow in 2000 and she was "entertaining" the lunch crowds with her "traditional" seneca songs that I did'nt recognize becuase they sounded like something Buffy St. Marie would have sang in an unrecognizable language.

The last powwow I saw her at she was trying to fancy dance wearing a fake buckskin dress, using an open poncho for a shawl with head hole framing her red hair and jingle bells sewn to the end of her fake buckskin dress and doing some kind of wierd skipping move. OH and sporting her pentagram necklace."

--------------
More of their conversation:

WocusWoman
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA
 I have not personally met her; however... I have several friends both native and non-native who unfortunately went to one of her performances about 3 years ago now and even the non-native friends thought she was hokey or a wannabee. My one good friend, whom is non-native but enjoys volunteering with the powwow here was very offended by this woman. She told the audience how good it felt to be wearing nothing under her buckskin dress, etc. etc.

03-27-2008, 02:26 PM    #24 (permalink) 
Blackbear
Gone Fishing
 Yeah she's really out there... a friend of mine introduced her to me at the Seward Powwow in 2001 telling me she was seneca (second encounter with her) and got sneaky with her asking her questions and you could immediately tell she was not being honest about being Seneca or having Seneca family for that matter. Then she decided to switch the story up a bit and said she was adopted out...trying to make it sound like she was adopted out of the seneca Nation but knew her family but then find out the truth is she was adopted by Twylah in Twylah's way.  She's also another one of these folks that thinks indian spirituality is a "sexy" thing.

Offline bls926

« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2008, 12:22:25 am »
Sunday, May 25 All day Healing Waters Ceremony with GrandMother Drum When May 25, 2008
Where Dallas/ Fort Worth, Texas
Host Sponsors: Donna Reis 817-788-9451
donna@colorvibration.com
and O! Suzanna - Suzanna Brown 214-906-7528
suzanna@osuzanna.com
(We have been told this event is cancelled...but it doesnt hurt to ensure it stays that way)

I called and talked to Donna Reis this afternoon. She told me that she and Suzanna Brown had decided not to sponsor the Grandmother Drum back in February and had notified Holzwarth. She said "it just didn't feel right". They'd actually cancelled prior to the demonstration in Weymouth and the protests that are going on now. She told me it made her feel good to know that listening to her feelings had been the right thing to do. While Reis does believe in peace and harmony among all people, she feels this needs to be accomplished without deceit. Be who you were intended to be; don't try to be someone different. I thanked her for cancelling.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:30:19 am by bls926 »

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2008, 01:44:59 am »
youtube policy

you agree not to use the Website or any Services (including the YouTube Player) for any commercial use, without the prior written authorisation of YouTube. Prohibited commercial uses shall include, without limitation:
the resale of access to the Website or any of the Services (such as the YouTube Player) on another website for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue; and
the redistribution of the Services (including any User Submissions accessible through such Services) for the primary purpose of generating revenue from a substantially similar or comparable business enterprise to that carried on by YouTube,
but shall not include (i) uploading an original video to YouTube, (ii) maintaining an original channel on the Website in order to promote a business or artistic enterprise, and (iii) any use that is expressly authorised by YouTube in writing;

because she is not no-profit its commercial

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2008, 01:53:36 am »
How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:

Name and address of the person you are reporting
The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)
A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
The years involved
The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
Your name, address and daytime telephone number
Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

Offline bls926

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2008, 02:01:30 am »
The Center of Light is Nuage Central. I doubt anyone could get through to them, even the best shrinks. They've been discussed here at NAFPS before hosting other frauds like "Limping Snow Wolf" and a would be Atlantean healer.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1362.0

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=605.0

Just read those pages. No wonder I had a headache after spending half an hour on the phone to Annette Jones. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I called her.

I've been wondering about the Ojibwe Elder George from the Upper Peninsula. How could he view the Grandmother Drum DVD and think Holzwarth's heart was pure? Why would he teach Edward Jones how to conduct sweat lodges?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2008, 06:22:00 am »
Some very, very odd things are going on. Or maybe it's just what scammers do... One of the PA organizers claimed that Holzwarth never claimed to be Seneca, or any sort of Native American. So, as we've seen, it looks like she alters her story depending on who she's talking to. I told this woman ("Honey") that by all the terminology, regalia, name, props and ceremonies she uses, she is implying she's Native, and empowered to do Native ceremonies, even if she doesn't claim that ancestry to everyone she meets.

But somehow I don't think putting up a picture of Mayan women for her user picture shows any sort of change of heart about misrepresenting herself as Native.

The more I read about her, the more Holzwarth sounds mentally ill to me. And as for those white nuagers who are so much on the same page with her that they think the fact that she was "nice" to them personally somehow overrides her fraud... well, either mentally ill, willfully ignorant, racist, and/or all of the above.

However, it does my heart good to see the people who have had a change of heart about her, and all the people who've joined in to fight this fraud. It's really making a difference, and we need to keep it up! (Then on to the next one.)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2008, 03:28:02 pm »
The Ojibwe Elder George from the Upper Peninsula....do you know his last name? Could it be the Ojibwe Elder George Whipple? Sorry...Im just trying to place the name is all.
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline bls926

« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2008, 04:01:14 pm »
The Ojibwe Elder George from the Upper Peninsula....do you know his last name? Could it be the Ojibwe Elder George Whipple? Sorry...Im just trying to place the name is all.

I don't know the last name; would have posted it if I had it. When Jones first started talking about him, she only said that her husband had taken this to his Elder. I asked what Nation her husband was and she replied that he was not Native American. Then she told me the story of how an Ojibwe Elder from the Upper Peninsula had become her husband's "mentor". She said that the Elder had "sought out" her husband because of a "recurring dream" he'd had. Her husband had not approached the Elder first. When I asked who this Elder was, all I got was the first name. She said that George had taught her husband how to conduct sweat lodges. I asked if her husband had gone to Sundance and she replied that he hadn't been able to attend "Thirsty Dance" yet because of time constraints, but hoped to in the near future. At least she had the terminology right. Maybe if you know anyone from the Upper Peninsula, they might be able to tell you who this is. If George is really an Elder, someone should know who he is. There's more to being an Elder than just getting old. But then, maybe Jones doesn't realize that. I thought about calling her back to get a last name and/or a town, but yesterday I just wasn't up to even a few more minutes on the phone with her. Do you have any idea how difficult it was to remain calm, polite, professional in the face of so much New Age stupidity? I did it, but didn't trust myself to maintain my composure for a second phone call back-to-back.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:03:51 pm by bls926 »

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2008, 06:10:41 pm »
Edward has even given himself a Name.  Look at http://www.centeroflight.us/html/SweatLodge.html to see he is not Edward Jones, but Edward Golden Eagle.  He has someone else called Rebecca Medicine Owl doing them as well.  Are any of these people certified by the Native American Church to be doing these sweats, or is this just more of the government turning a blind eye.  This would not be allowed if someone was representing themself as a priest.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline bls926

« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2008, 06:35:57 pm »
Rebecca Medicine Owl is Rebecca Denton-Wuerth. She's a Reiki master and teaches at the Center for Light Spirituality. Those classes aren't cheap either.
http://www.centeroflight.us/html/Reiki.html

Their site says she's Ojibwe. From their World Peace Festival in 2004:

The Owl Spirit Song & Dance, Rebecca Medicine Owl (Ojibway) & White Owl Woman (Potawatomi) Share with great respect the Owl's powerful healing medicine of transformation as gifted to them through their prayers, visions & dreams.
http://spiritualitycenter.centeroflight.us/html/FridayFestival.html

Offline bls926

« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2008, 06:42:46 pm »
Annette Jones, who I spoke with yesterday, channels angels!

Rev. Annette Jones, has been channeling both her personal, as well as, universal angels for 10 years
Connecting her clients to their personal angels is a gift they all cherish and in most cases it is quite an uplifting and emotional experience. Our personal angels are with us from the moment we leave our eternal home and begin the sojourn here on the earth plane. They are charged with protecting, guiding and enlightening us to follow the path we have chosen and often seek to communicate with us to enhance our understanding of the challenges we are facing in our effort to grow spiritually.

Our earthly life is a conduit for the soul to expand in it's eternal seeking to rejoin the "One". The challenges we face are merely lessons we are learning which either increase our universal love or fear. Fear limits us and stunts growth while love frees us and allows us to grow. Seeking guidance from our personal angels unlocks the doors that seem to block our awareness of what we are to do next. Personal readings with our angels reveals the hidden opportunites that move us ever forward.

Many times we have loved ones who leave the earth plane for reasons we do not understand. They seem to be taken from us just at times when we feel we need them the most or when we were planning significant changes in our lives. We wonder why they left or were taken and we wonder how they are doing. Our angels can locate these souls and bring them to us for communications that clarify these questions and bring peace to our lives. A session with Rev. Annette, either over the phone or in person will answer these heart wrenching desires.

Sessions are: $45.00 for the first 30 minutes and $1.00 per minute after that. Minimum readings are 30 minutes. -By appointment only

Master Card Visa Discover

Call: (248) 236-0432

One on One sessions with Rev. Annette, are best as you are bathed in incredible angelic energy and light not fully realized when receiving a reading over the phone. Phone readings do not minimize the quality of communication only the feeling of angelic presence.

Annette, also provides regular psychic readings of the highest quality. Many of her clients have returned for years.

http://www.centeroflight.us/html/AngelReadings.html

Offline crazyeagle

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »
I have this from a posting on a site I belong to:

Date: 4/22/2008 10:34:57 AM
To: Native_American_ Issues_Causes@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: NA Issues & Causes what does anyone know about SurajHolzwarth (White Eagle Woman)

Oh my God, I know her personally from up here in Alaska.  She is a phoney, Wica, thief.  I'm so freaked that you brought her up as I heard about her again yesterday.  The word is out that Her grandmother drum is being turned away from powwows down there.  Please, let the word out down there not to have her perform.  Up here, Elders have thrown her out of the villages.  She has stolen $10,000.00 from the Elders in Anchorage.  I thought that she faded into the sunset after all this time but I'm been hearing from people on the East Coast that she is back to her nasty behavior.  I could go on and on about the bad things she's done.  Also, the Elders up here forbade us for speaking her made up name as it gives her more power.  Her real name is Rachel.  Please, Please, don't let her into your villages.  She only brings trouble.

Wanishi,
Judy

-------Original Message----- --

Date: 04/22/08 10:21:42
To: Native_American_ Issues_Causes@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: NA Issues & Causes what does anyone know about SurajHolzwarth (White Eagle Woman)

Plenty !
There 2 groups now trying to shut her down - not counting Indians in
real life!
She uses a &foot drum that has crystal skulls inbedded in the center of
the drum skin and someone's ashes inside the drum!
Claims native but has been proven not otherwise and calls her group
rainbow something which shhe stole from NAI - charges fees yet is on a
501 non profit set up and is as twinky as sunbear!
She needs to be stopped good!
If I run across more info - I will try sending more info to sites that
are trying to shut her down!
She is bad medicne!!!!!

Offline bls926

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:10 pm »
I just tried to call Annette Jones this afternoon. The phone rang twice and I got this message: "This telephone number has been temporarily disconnected".

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2008, 08:00:15 pm »
WOW, Is she tring to get away from the harassing phone calls?
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2008, 08:09:16 pm »
Wasn't there someone tied to the Atlanteans in one of the earlier blogs?  This Center of Light is too if you go to their website , about us, mind of the center, what creates http://spiritualitycenter.centeroflight.us/html/MindOfTheCenter.html they are tied to this Atlantean crap too, how do they do traditional healing using Native Names and then proclaim this junk?
-Helen Worischeck