Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 651438 times)

nighthawk

Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2008, 07:13:31 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:10:54 am by nighthawk »

Offline bls926

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2008, 07:17:58 pm »
It is on her website as a private function at Walter Reed Memorial Hospital on APril 20th now actually, check it out pn her calendar.
www.whirlingrainbow.com/schedule.htm

The private performance at Walter Reed has been cancelled.

nighthawk

« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:10:38 am by nighthawk »

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2008, 08:43:41 pm »
Here is the FWS act.

MIGRATORY BIRD TREATY ACT
16 U.S.C. §§ 703-712, July 3, 1918, as amended 1936, 1960, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1978, 1986 and 1989.
Overview. The Migratory Bird Treaty Act implements various treaties and conventions between the U.S. and Canada, Japan, Mexico and the former Soviet Union for the protection of migratory birds. Under the Act, taking, killing or possessing migratory birds is unlawful.
Prohibited Acts. Unless permitted by regulations, the Act provides that it is unlawful to pursue, hunt, take, capture or kill; attempt to take, capture or kill; possess, offer to or sell, barter, purchase, deliver or cause to be shipped, exported, imported, transported, carried or received any migratory bird, part, nest, egg or product, manufactured or not. Subject to limitations in the Act, the Secretary of the Interior (Secretary) may adopt regulations determining the extent to which, if at all, hunting, taking, capturing, killing, possessing, selling, purchasing, shipping, transporting or exporting of any migratory bird, part, nest or egg will be allowed, having regard for temperature zones, distribution, abundance, economic value, breeding habits and migratory flight patterns. Regulations are effective upon Presidential approval. §§ 703 and 704.
The Act makes it unlawful to:   ship, transport or carry from one state, territory or district to another, or through a foreign country, any bird, part, nest or egg that was captured, killed, taken, shipped, transported or carried contrary to the laws from where it was obtained; import from Canada any bird, part, nest or egg obtained contrary to the laws of the province from which it was obtained. § 705.
Arrests/Search Warrants. To enforce the Act, authorized Department of Interior employees may:   without a warrant, arrest a person violating the Act in the employee's presence or view; execute a warrant or other process issued by an officer or court to enforce the Act; search any place with a warrant. All birds, parts, nests or eggs that are captured, killed, taken, offered or sold, bartered, purchased, shipped, transported, carried, imported, exported or possessed contrary to the Act will be seized and, upon conviction of the offender or upon court judgment, be forfeited to the U.S. and disposed of by the Secretary. § 706.
Violations/Penalties. According to the Act, a person, association, partnership or corporation which violates the Act or its regulations is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine of up to $500, jail up to six months, or both. Anyone who knowingly takes a migratory bird and intends to, offers to, or actually sells or barters the bird is guilty of a felony, with fines up to $2,000, jail up to two years, or both. (Permissible fines are increased significantly by the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, as amended in 1987, which is summarized separately in this Handbook.)
All guns, traps, nets, vessels, vehicles and other equipment used in pursuing, hunting, taking, trapping, ensnaring, capturing, killing, or any attempt on a migratory bird in violation of the Act with the intent to sell or barter, must be forfeited to the U.S. and may be seized and held pending prosecution of the violator. The property is to be disposed of and accounted for by the Secretary. § 707.
Miscellaneous. The Act should not be construed to prevent states and territories from making or enforcing laws or regulations not inconsistent with the Act or which give further protection to migratory birds, nests and eggs, if such laws and regulations do not extend open seasons. § 708.
The Act cannot be construed to prevent the breeding of migratory game birds on farms and preserves, and the sale of birds lawfully bred to increase the food supply. § 711.
In accordance with the various migratory bird treaties and conventions, the Secretary is authorized to issue regulations to assure that the taking of migratory birds and their eggs by the indigenous inhabitants of Alaska is permitted for their nutritional and other essential needs during established seasons. § 712.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »
you may want to notice it is against the law to transport the feathers across state lines, let alone international borders.  We need the local FWS to be at one of her "Prayerformances", per the act all they need to do is see what they believe to be the feathers, although I doubt she will bring them into Ohio knowing how upset everyone is already.
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2008, 12:55:17 am »
What April 19th performance?

It seems she's moved the April 19th venue to the 20th...could this be inaccurate? A smoke screen as it were to fool protesters? It's being looked into.

There are no leaders in Unity

Offline bls926

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2008, 03:55:43 am »
What April 19th performance?

It seems she's moved the April 19th venue to the 20th...could this be inaccurate? A smoke screen as it were to fool protesters? It's being looked into.

Which venue? I haven't seen anything scheduled for April 19th. It's not on the schedule on her website. Walter Reed Medical Center has always been scheduled for April 20th.

Offline matt e

• my site
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2008, 05:20:53 am »
if anyone would like to file a complaint with the domain registrar, or the hosting company of this site, the following public info from www.whois.net may be helpful

Registrant: Sandi Sturm PO Box 870898 Wasilla, Alaska 99687 United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: WHIRLINGRAINBOW.COM Created on: 19-Sep-03 Expires on: 19-Sep-08 Last Updated on: 10-Jan-08 Administrative Contact: Sturm, Sandi sandi@alaskarama.com PO Box 870898 Wasilla, Alaska 99687 United States 9073737374
Technical Contact: Sturm, Sandi sandi@alaskarama.com PO Box 870898 Wasilla, Alaska 99687 United States 9073737374
Domain servers in listed order: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM NS2.DREAMHOST.COM NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
feel free to share any post I make as long as you give me credit. I want everyone to know who to send the hate mail to.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2008, 11:42:44 pm »

Which venue? I haven't seen anything scheduled for April 19th. It's not on the schedule on her website. Walter Reed Medical Center has always been scheduled for April 20th.

It was clearly stated on the page below...but this page is now totally different in content.

From my earlier posting:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/02/mother-drum-keeps-universal-heartbeat/

Half-Wolf: Seems White Eagle is advertizing for her April 19th 'performance'...but there is an email option at the bottom of the page where many are now contacting.

There are also many references made regarding this on the Protest page on myspace...so I know it wasnt my eyesight alone...lol

Offline bls926

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2008, 04:05:56 am »
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/02/mother-drum-keeps-universal-heartbeat/

That's an article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press, about Holzwarth's performance at the Unitarian Universalist Church the weekend of March 1 and 2. I've read that several times and never saw any mention of her schedule.

Offline bls926

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2008, 04:27:54 am »
Conscious Mind Journal

Listed under Native American

Advertising for the Grandmother Drum. Notice that even though Holzwarth sells tickets to these events, the people sponsoring this weekend are asking for volunteers and donations. Looks like the Rainbow Foundation keeps all the money from ticket sales, as well as drums or other things they sell, and has no expenses. Why else would their sponsors need volunteers and donations?

The Grandmother Drum Project World Tour May 2,3,4

Friday Night Prayerformance on May 2
Troy Community Center
3179 Livernois Rd
Troy  MI  48083-5029

Weekend Workshop on May 3-4
The Center of Light Spirituality Center
5898 Baldwin Road
Oxford  MI  48371

http://www.consciousmindjournal.com/EventCalendar.cfm

The May event is being coordinated by Annette Jones and Gail Miller - we will need volunteers and donations are appreciated to help with the expenses for setting this up.  We have already arranged to do a booth and a presentation at the Mind, Body, Spirit Fair in April, 2008.  Volunteers and donations will be appreciated for this event and the Friday night Prayerformance on May 2.  Please email me at gailg8@yahoo.com with Grandmother Drum as the subject and your name and phone if you would like to help.  Send donations to: Attn of Gail Miller for Grandmother Drum, PO BOX 967, Sterling Heights, Michigan 48311 and we will keep you updated here on our progress!     

Listen to the White Eagle early February interview about the "Healing the Waters Tour" at http://www.worldpuja.org.  Its free-just go into the archives-lots of wonderful details.  You dont want to miss this event!!   If you would like to be part of our ticket incentive program, please contact Annette or I at 248-236-0432.                       

UPDATE!  There will be a Friday night public "Prayerformance" from 7-10pm at the Troy Community Center , 3179 Livernois.  Advance Registration Recommended, limited seating!  (children MUST be preregistered and be accompanied by an adult ).  AND a weekend workshop at the Center of Light in Oxford for those who would like a deeper experience with the Drum , White Eagle. and the Grandmothers.  Open registration for the event is now available.  There will be flyers available with the Prayerformance details beginning March 25th  at Gemini Moon  and Crystal Pathways, both on Van Dyke in Shelby Township or you can email this article to a friend to network.

UPDATE- Come and see our booth for The Grandmother Drum Healing the Waters Tour 2008 at the Earthday Event on April 19th at Oakland University.  And or at the  Body, Mind, Spirit Fair on April 26th!   Come to our drumming/presentation at 12:00 as well.  Help us spread the word!

The focus for this tour will be the "Healing of the Waters" as directed by the Grandmothers for this area of the United States.   You wont want to miss this heart awakening experience!  Email this article to a friend.  NAMASTE!

http://www.consciousmindjournal.com/Articles/Global/The-Grandmother-Drum-Project-World-Tour-May-234.cfm

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2008, 08:37:27 am »
BLS:
The Chatanooga stint is in her schedule for the weekend of 3-1-08 & 3-2-08.  I emailed the Minister, Jeff Brier, of the Unitarian Universalist Church in Chatanooga.  He sent back (I still have the email) that she told his congregation she was NOT of Native descent, but Jewish and Irish.
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2008, 01:33:02 pm »
White Eagle Woman an Exploiter of The Native American Culture and Traditions, that is currently touring the country. Will be discussed at length, Please tune in Saturday from 3-5 PM. EST. to Indigenous Sounds on WSLR 96.5 LPFM in Sarasota Florida.
WSLR streams live on the Web visit: www. wslr. org to listen live on-line.

Butterfly Deer Woman another Exploiter that lives in Sarasota, Fla. will also be discussed.
Visit Butterfly Deer Womans Website: http://woman-spirit.com/index.html

Indigenous Sounds is a radio Show for Native American music, news, current events, and issues. If you would like to be a guest on Indigenous Sounds PLEASE email: Indigenoussounds@gmail.com I am always looking for interesting guest.

Thank You, White Horse

Thought this may be of interest

Added on: From various bulletins on MySpace...

May 24-25, 2008 - Dallas, Ft.

Worth, TX
Sound Healing and the Power of the Drum

Has been CANCELED!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 01:37:58 pm by Tsisqua »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2008, 03:38:02 pm »
This is yet more great news. I imagine the promoters feared going to a metro area (Dallas Ft Worth) with over 40,000 urban NDNs, now that word of what she does has spread so far and wide. I'd even thought about going up there myself to confront her.

Someone before said she charges I believe 3600 bucks a "prayerformance." The protests must be starting to really hit her in the pocketbook.

Offline bls926

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2008, 03:44:40 pm »
Looks like their schedule has been changed. Probably decided not to go to areas where there was bound to be protests; opting to go to Israel for the Spirit Film Festival and the Sacred Music Festival instead. I'm sure they'll get a better reception in Tel Aviv than they would have received in Oklahoma or Texas. They really might want to rethink those stops in Montana, South Dakota, British Columbia.

Original Schedule:
May 11, 2008 - Bowling Green, Ohio
Mother Day Healing Waters Ceremony

May 23, 2008 - Fort Worth, Texas
GrandMother Drum Prayerformance

May 24-25, 2008 - Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX

June 6-8, 2008 - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Red Earth Festival - tentative

June 12-15, 2008 – Black Hills, South Dakota
Community Healing Ceremonies

June 17, 2008 - West Yellowstone, Montana
Language of One: Metatron Graduation Ceremony

June 18-21, 2008 - West Yellowstone, MT
The Gathering of One, Global Eden Event

July 4-6, 2008 -Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Medicine Wheel Portal Ceremonial Weekend

BACK HOME IN ALASKA!
August 9, 2008 - Homer, Alaska

August 10, 2008 - Homer, Alaska
Illuminating the Sacred Heart Teachings

August 14-19, 2008 Homer, Alaska
Morning Dove Lodge: Shamanic Women's Healing Ceremonies Launching of the Rainbow Fire Dream Lodge.

Current Schedule (as of 4/11/08):
May 11, 2008 - Bowling Green, Ohio
Mother Day Healing Waters Ceremony

May 13-17, 2008 - Spirit Film Festival
Tel Aviv, Israel
GrandMother Drum Film Premiere

June 6-9, 2008 - Lev Tahor Sacred Music Festival
Tel Aviv, Israel

June 17, 2008 - West Yellowstone, Montana
Language of One: Metatron Graduation Ceremony

June 18-21, 2008 - West Yellowstone, MT
The Gathering of One, Global Eden Event

June 26-29, 2008 Spiritual Unity of the Tribes Gathering
Bear Butte Lodge, South Dakota

July 4-6, 2008 - Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Medicine Wheel Portal Ceremonial Weekend

BACK HOME IN ALASKA!
August 9, 2008 - Homer, Alaska

August 10, 2008 - Homer, Alaska
Illuminating the Sacred Heart Teachings

August 14-19, 2008 Homer, Alaska
Morning Dove Lodge: Shamanic Women's Healing Ceremonies Launching of the Rainbow Fire Dream Lodge.