Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 666866 times)

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2008, 05:48:58 pm »
I checked and yes the tickets for the Ohio event are still for sale, but it is in Whitehouse now at the Rock & Ridge Community Center
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Susqueh

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2008, 06:02:01 pm »
I took the liberty of calling this morning Walter Reade Hospital in Washington, DC and advised them that this group, if they are proclaiming to do Native American ceremonies, is NOT Native.  And that if they are carrying Eagle Feathers that is against the Federal Laws.  This group was supposed to do a healing ceremony at Walter Reade Hospital.  I also advised the Walter Reade Hospital that the Game Commission has been notified. 

I mentioned that if they were  stating that they were Native American,  the ceremonies they are doing are blasphemous, disgustikng, and entirely against Native American Traditions.

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2008, 06:18:51 pm »
This was just bulletined..

I JUST got off the phone with Fish and Wildlife and:

THEY ARE VERY CONCERNED, WILL LOOK INTO THIS - OPEN AN INVESTIGATION ONCE THEY VIEW THE VIDEOS/PHOTOS AND FOLLOW THE LAW TO THE LETTER!!!

AND he commented that "we've gotten so many emails regarding this woman and this issue that the people obviously feel very strongly about this and their coming together on this is commendable"

YOU CAN ALL CLAP AND FEEL GOOD FOLKS - WE DID THIS TOGETHER!!!

nighthawk

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2008, 06:44:05 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:02:17 am by nighthawk »

Offline Raven2

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
If it's a "Grandmother drum", that drum shouldn't be leaving her community, according to powwow culture and protocols; that said, she's not Native/NDN, nor does she follow that particular culture, so I don't know how that would be relevant... just thought I'd pass that along anyway.
--
I do not endorse this web site and forum.

nighthawk

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:09 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:01:51 am by nighthawk »

frederica

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 08:57:59 pm »
The transport of cremation varies from country to country. Some you have to have permission from the Consulate. I do know here UPS and FedX will not transport due to possibility of leakage. But cremations are considered movable property and although normally no risk is involved if container sealed. That is unless there were radioactive implants or the like. If not in sealed container, a mask is advised. I don't think a drum would be a sealed container.

nighthawk

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 10:26:31 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:01:21 am by nighthawk »

frederica

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51:36 pm »
That's where the problems lies, you don't know. Anyone that would smear someone's blood on a drum has a problem. She really creeps me out. I think I will check with Walter Reed and see how they feel. There is probably nothing viable due to length of time, but would be interesting if they would consider it contaminated.

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 12:10:46 am »
Ohio is NOT shut down yet.... her venues are being made PRIVATE instead!!! To TICKET HOLDERS ONLY!

I spoke Audrey Stone a few hours ago, as I have read in a few places ...that this event was closed and I also read of other protesters speaking with her to which she had confirmed this event was STILL taking place...so I wanted to hear her own words to see if this was so....since I know many protesters who have bought tickets...JUST to get in the venue to protest...etc

Ms. Stone has confirmed..although in a highly hostile manner (to which she slammed down the phone!) that this event is NOT open to the public...but to ticket holders only...as it is a private performance. PERFORMANCE indeed!

Anyways....this is the info of White Eagles event in Ohio...and I suggest many contact the director in protest....

Maumee River Water Blessing Ceremony
May 11th @ 2:00 - 5:00 - Advanced Tickets Only - $33
Ostego Park Stone Hall Grand Rapids, Ohio.

Director: Neil Munger nmunger@wcparks.org 419-353-1897 ext. 103

http://www.woodcountyparkdistrict.org/

Also perhaps contact Ms. Stone...although be ready for her hostility...I guess I was not!

Ms. Stone 419-478-6143 or audreystone@sbcglobal.net

With respect,

Tsissy

There are so many ways White Eagle is in the wrong here...and I think as a body of people...if we raise each concern and take it to the party who deal with that specific issue....and keep on doing it until they get sick and tired of hearing from many...she will be stopped. Persistence is key. I know Fish and Wildlife have received many calls and emails...and will continue to do so...also every upcomming venue is being repeatedly contacted by many...by many concerned Native people....and I also know the IRS have received many 'nudges'...I know we all have a long way to go on this issue and have much information to gain still...but I do believe it can be done! Everyone is working very hard on this matter...and even though the circumstances are not good ones...it makes my heart glad to see so many people standing together.
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 12:56:13 am »
We were told the Ohio venue had changed location, she was quite polite to us, but then we acted like we knew nothing about the White ... Woman.  We were told it would be held at Rock and Ridge Community Center in Whitehouse, Ohio that they were still going to try to get Ostego Park but did not hold much hope out for that location.
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 01:38:26 am »
I dont know anything about that...its not what myself or many others have been informed...interesting though.

I know there will be many gathered at all venues made private...to protest outside...in a good, humble and respectful way.

Offline Tsisqua

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 02:12:51 am »
Ive just received this notice and feel its very important that people who are making calls read this...

White Eagle Medicine Woman Fraud

Date:  Apr 14, 2008 7:00 PM
Subject:  EXTREME IMPORTANT - READ THIS NOW 
Body:  PLEASE PUT AN IMMEDIATE STOP TO CALLING AUDREY STONE:

"She has an autistic child and the number is her home phone number and her son picked up the phone and was lashed out on and he didn't understand why people are mad at him and does not understand and became emotionally uncontrollable for a while"

WHEN OUR ACTIONS INTERFERE WITH AN INNOCENT, WE MUST TAKE ANOTHER APPROACH.

PLEASE HONOR THIS, OR WE ARE NO BETTER THEN WHITE WOMAN

Thank you

Offline bls926

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 03:22:56 am »
The May 11 GRANDMOTHER DRUM at Otsego Stone Hall has been cancelled. For more information, please contact Audrey Stone at 419-478-6143 or audreystone@sbcglobal.net 

http://www.woodcountyparkdistrict.org/EVENTS/calendar_of_events.htm

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 04:05:13 am »
Hi all, it looks like the Grandmother Drum has been canceled, but the same parks department is holding one of those wannabe powwows. Scroll down to read the last sentence about no politics and policing. Hmmm....I wonder if they've had trouble before...LOL

http://www.woodcountyparkdistrict.org/EVENTS/Events4%20-%20Pow%20Wow.htm