Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 664073 times)

Offline Cat

Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2008, 07:43:44 pm »
I don't have a problem with the Grandmothers, but I think  Holzwarth will try to exploit anything or anyone she thinks could make her legiltimate. I think she will use anyone she can.  She's the one not to be trusted.  My question would be are the Grandmothers the ones actually running the organization?
Exactly - thanks for clarifying that Frederica!!
Cat

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2008, 06:02:10 pm »
I'll post about the Grandmothers group in that thread.

Offline snorks

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #602 on: July 14, 2008, 05:02:35 pm »
I am sorry I came in so late on this.  She did come to Winchester VA area awhile back.  I did not go, but I know folks who did.  They regarded her as the real deal.  Most of them are what is referred to as People of Distant Indian Ancestory.  The folks were from the local Pagan community and were interested in the earth focus of her presentations.

I really don't know how to tell them that she is well a fake.  They don't think much of speaking ill of someone.  And even if it is the truth.

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #603 on: July 14, 2008, 05:23:53 pm »
Snorks:
Tell then you have found out she has commiteed a FELONY and is has already plead guitly.  She did not boast of ANY native ancestry in Michigan when asked as a matter of fact admitted she is not of native ancestry.  (I know I was there.)
She is out there speaking evil of us, is that what she is supposed to represent to them when they do not approve of speaking ill of people?
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline fish

« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:19 pm »
Hi,
I've been following the thread about Surja.... thought this might be of interest to those of you

This woman: Morning Star AKA: Lindy Morris
Is coming to the Delware Valley area in Pennsylvania at the end of the month. She has ties to Suraj and was traveling and teaching with her in Australia--- There is some resistance to put her up for workshops..... Suraj dupe the Soulutions people in Newton PA with drum swindle and their burning from that fiasco..... Lessons learned are not alway easy!! Yet, it was effective at lease in bring down delusion aroung Suraj

This is How Lindy describes herself.....

When I was 12 my parents worked at a tannery and I spent much time asking questions as to the magical process of transforming the skins of animals into leather. I spent 20 years carving Australian Animals into leather and taught this in Schools and to the local aboriginal children, including skids kids and juvenile justice.

Over the years I have always been drawn to living and being close to nature, so I have spent much of my life in the mountains of the Manning valley New South Wales Australia (East Coast)

For 10 years my husband and I lived and raised 2 children on a 150 acre solar powered mountain property with a spring fed creek. I observed the process of decay of so many of our precious wildlife killed on the road, that my heart was touched and I began to pick up these creatures, usually snakes, birds and wallabies (small kangaroos) to preserve their beauty, there began a time where I would usually be called to travel a certain route at a specific time and would always find a creature dying or newly dead. Many creatures spent there last minutes in my lap and hands with a blessing as they passed on from this world to the next.

I had a medicine wheel on this property by the creek and began sitting by it experimenting with the skins making leather and rawhide, drums and rattles. I spent many of my days meditating on the mountain or by the creek while the children were at school.

In 2003 my guidance asked me to give up all material possessions and go walk about to other lands, specifically to this land. Since the beginning of 2004 I have been to the USA 3 times, Mexico twice, Peru, Turkey, Egypt, Guatemala, New Zealand twice. I had never left the shores of Oz before that time.

I am traveling with 3 snake head medicine items, I am their legs as they speak and guide me to planetary gateways, sacred sites and energy vortices. I am asked to travel the world for the next 3 years experiencing & sharing what I learn with others. My visa to the USA ends on the 6th Aug. I will then be journeying to the UK and Europe. My book, workshops and the medicine items I make finance my travels.

I'll post more when i find out more....

Offline bls926

« Reply #605 on: July 17, 2008, 04:09:27 pm »
Fish, could you please give a link for the Lindy Morris blog you just posted?

Offline fish

« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2008, 01:43:32 pm »
This appears to be her website:

www.morningstarworkkshops.com

Offline fish

« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »

Offline Superdog

« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2008, 02:51:47 pm »
Lindy Morris is listed on the whirling rainbow site as a contract artist for the medicine pouches Holzwarth sells. 

I've read into a few of the website about Lindy a while back.  She spent a year on tour with Holzwarth, but from what I can gather currently she's not selling any ceremonies or anything.  Just workshops on how to make pouches, rattles and fans...things of that sort.  The stuff she makes is definitely simple and hobbyist, but she's learned some good marketing and promotion skills from Holzwarth and apparently has written a book on how to make these items and this year is planning to go on "tour" pushing them.  From what I've seen most of the things she makes, sells and teaches about she markets as "indigenous tools/items".  There's definitely an Australian influence on some of the things she has.  Haven't seen a reference yet to what she's doing as being "Native American" or "ceremonial".

I don't necessarily like what she does, but it seems she's more of a craftperson rather than a wannabe shaman so currently I don't see anything necessarily wrong with what she does except for the fact that she's teaching people the same skills used  in making rubber tomahawks and her association with Holzwarth and the promotion of Whirling Rainbow.

If I was the Pennsylvania group I would cancel her appearance.  If they didn't like Holzwarth they'll find they're getting something just as cheesy and plastic with Lindy.

Superdog

Offline mtig49

« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2008, 04:16:33 am »
Hey everyone just wanted to let everyone know i am still here and working on this with other things but that aside I would like to thank everyone again for there work on this to see this thought to the end that we want.
"Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have."

frederica

« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2008, 02:23:38 pm »
Thank you for all your hard work.

Offline Cat

« Reply #611 on: August 05, 2008, 03:53:58 am »
Hi everyone - just got this in on our fraud site .. it's pertaining to Suraj at the- Gathering of eagles and what they witnessed.
cat

------------------------------------------------

She was Bear Butte at "Gathering of the Eagles"
Spritual unity of the tribes in South Dakota.
June 26-30, this past june.
She was in costume. That white robe she has, and a ceremonial headband. She offered sweet grass to a friend of mine. And Samantha Asked if he got payed for drumming. She also ran a sweat without permission. And tried to take over the sweat I was in. We didn't have to pay because it wasn't her ceremony. But She tryed to give the Gathering a black eagle statue. (??) She and Sam also spoke out when the Elders were speaking. She then SOMEHOW got people to go with her for the "grandmother drum ceremony" they accidentally let her do. But this was in a graveyard far from Bear butte. Gathering did not know about Rachel but word got out. She is now not allowed back. If you need any other information please let me know.

-Sarah

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #612 on: August 05, 2008, 03:56:51 am »
Drum in a cemetery? Hmmmmm.

Offline Cat

« Reply #613 on: August 05, 2008, 03:58:35 am »
Well it seems to fit..the drum is a traveling coffin anyhow with her friends ashes in it... boy shes really gonna get herself in trouble doing that stuff sooner or later....if you get my meaning.
cat

Offline Superdog

« Reply #614 on: August 06, 2008, 12:37:45 am »
She's still making contacts and advertising.  This is the homepage of group out of the Ozarks. 
They're asking for donations to bring the "Holzwarth Travelling Medicine Show(i.e. Grandmother Drum Prayerformance)" to their group. 

http://www.ozarksdrumanddancecommunity.org/home

There's phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the website for those who would like to respectfully warn these individuals about what they're really paying for.

Superdog