Author Topic: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman  (Read 666821 times)

Offline Cat

Re: Suraj Holzwarth aka White Eagle Medicine Woman
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »
And she is sooo going to lose control..she already has.... it's the end of the line for her "prayerformances..." You just cant argue with REAL Elders and Spiritual Leaders... they got it together where she..well......

All my respect and support for those who are able to make it up there..wish I could too...
cat

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2008, 11:19:48 am »
With the recognized Elders and Spiritual leaders blocking this womans travelling medicine show
(snake....oil optional) this woman has only one place left to take this BS,I ask members of the
International Intertribal community,who are also party to this site to stay on their toes and
alert,if she has no options left in Canada or the USA,she will come to Europe.We need to know
if the slightest hint of that rears its ugly head.

Offline Half-Wolf

• My favorite t-shirts are here
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2008, 06:17:47 pm »
OK, my typing to fast in the dark is showing.
I'm sorry, I put in a confused contact# for Bernard.
It should be 5038907508.  Sorry!!!!  To all our helpful people please take note of this!
"Live in this world today for tomorrow's children to live in this world."
-Helen Worischeck

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2008, 11:09:19 pm »
OK, has anyone looked at her website lately?  She has removed all references to her or any of her board members being Native.  Did anyone get screen shots?  They are no longer saying what type of ceremony they are specifically doing, I know it used to say Timoreye performed Cherokee Medicine and was a "Cherokee Metis'" also that Rande' was Iroquois, and that Rachel was Seneca Metis' that they got the ceremony from Hopi and Navajo. ANyone get that documented?
-Helen Worischeck

wanbli

« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2008, 11:41:38 pm »
Many people saved as screen shots and as well html last week . We figured she would do that .

wanbli

« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2008, 11:47:11 pm »
And by the way ... that was one of our demands that she remove all references to Tribal affiliation from her presentations . That she has now done . Think perhaps she is staring to fully realize the game is up. 

Offline Half-Wolf

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:57 am »
Can someone send me a copy of some of her claims, regarding the use of Cherokee, Hopi, Navajo, Seneca, Sioux, Athasbacan, etc. use of Medicine and ceremony.  We need this in our discussion with her on Friday.  We are afraid since it is no longer on her website she will deny it.  I agree she is heading in the right direction, but in doing like the police do, "to catch a criminal you have to think like a criminal".  I specifically mentioned this in a past blog.
-Helen Worischeck

wanbli

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2008, 12:42:39 am »
Just sent you a jpeg screen shot by email

wanbli

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2008, 12:48:18 am »
Her website now has the Seneca Reference back on it . Better get some more screen shots while its back up there .

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2008, 03:41:15 am »
Half-Wolf     
Can someone send me a copy of some of her claims, regarding the use of Cherokee, Hopi, Navajo, Seneca, Sioux, Athasbacan, etc. use of Medicine and ceremony.  We need this in our discussion with her on Friday.

Some of this is still in a cached page if anyone needs it ;

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:w1Dql_u7WQsJ:www.whirlingrainbow.com/board.
htm+seneca+%22Suraj+Holzwarth%22&hl=en&gl=ca&strip=1

She is also selling CD's claiming to be Seneca European.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/suraj

White Eagle Medicine Woman (Suraj Holzwarth) DrumKeeper of the International GrandMother Drum Peace Project is an internationally known medicine woman, singer, songwriter and performance artist of Seneca and European descent. Her voice has a primal and mesmerizing quality, penetrating to the very heart and soul of our tribal connection with the earth.  Suraj received the vision of the GrandMother Drum from indigenous grandmothers as the living beating symbol of the Universal Heart that connects all races and cultures of the human family. With the assistance of the Alaska multicultural community, Suraj built the GrandMother Drum in 2000.
Also lots of vague suggestions what she is doing is somehow done under the direction of Native Elders ...

http://web.archive.org/web/20070703165807/www.whirlingrainbow.com/grandmother_drum_project.html

From a vision of indigenous grandmothers and many hands of the multicultural Alaskan community, the large, seven-foot diameter, crystal inlaid, GrandMother Drum was built in 2000. The GrandMother Drum is traveling the world as an international symbol of the Universal Heart that connects all races and all cultures of the human family. Immediately after her birth in 2001, GrandMother Drum was invited to be the very heartbeat of Alaska's largest human rights march, the "We the People" Alaska Native Subsistence March gathering over five thousand people. Within six months, the worldwide request for her community healing work spread like a wildfire of love.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070704172402/www.whirlingrainbow.com/honoring_our_grandmothers.html

If anyone needs screen shots I made some...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 03:43:36 am by Moma_porcupine »

Offline bls926

« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2008, 03:51:38 am »
Whirling Rainbow Foundation
http://whirlingrainbow.com/index.htm

Vision and Mission

The Vision
Among the Navaho and Hopi, the Whirling Rainbow is a prophecy and a promise of peace for all Nations and all people through the understanding that all races are one. The Whirling Rainbow vision is to unite the people of the five sacred colors; all creeds working together for the good of the whole. When all pathways to wholeness are respected by all cultures, the prophecy of the Whirling Rainbow will be realized.

The Mission
The Whirling Rainbow Foundation is an international spiritual and educational 501c3 organization which honors and celebrates the diverse cultural and spiritual paths of the human family. The foundation cultivates the universal teachings of inner peace, loving compassion, wisdom and understanding at the core of every culture and spiritual tradition.

Our mission is to awaken the spiritual intelligence (divinity) of the heart of humanity, manifesting the full potential of the human spirit to co-create a world of unity, love and peace with the self, family, community and the earth. Through its own projects and working together with like organizations, the Whirling Rainbow Foundation celebrates all paths to wholeness through the universal languages of music, dance, cultural, visual and healing arts.

That's current, as of a few minutes ago. Still referring to the prophesies of the Navajo and Hopi.

Offline bls926

« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2008, 04:10:25 am »
Read this on their website; talking about the Grandmother Drum and the International Peace Project.

The GrandMother Drum brings this message to:
• International Peace and Reconcilation Gatherings
• Local and International Conferences
• Concerts and World Music Festivals
• Universities, Museums and Schools
• Traditional Indigenous Ceremonies and Cultural Gatherings
• Gatherings on Earth Stewardship and Environmental Awareness
• Workshops in the Cultural, Healing and Spiritual Arts

http://whirlingrainbow.com/gmd.htm

Wonder when the last time she was at a Traditional Indigenous Ceremony or Cultural Gathering? This seems like a false claim to me.

Did notice that all references to Seneca Metis, Cherokee Metis, Iroquois have been removed from their board of directors.

Add'l note: They really need a proof-reader. There are so many typos/spelling errors on her website.

Edit to add link.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 04:25:07 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2008, 04:20:47 am »
White Eagle Medicine Woman Bio    

As the youngest woman to climb North America's highest peak Mt. McKinley or Denali in her late teens and having built largest crystal drum in North America indicates that White Eagle Medicine Woman has enormous ambition, the gift of a far seeing leader.

White Eagle Medicine Woman (Suraj Holzwarth) is the director and drum keeper of the International GrandMother Drum Peace Project. She is an international performance artist and seer of Seneca and Celtic descent. Her CDs include Journey of the Heart and Songlines of the Soul. She is the director and co-producer of the newly released documentary film GrandMother Drum: Awakening the Global Heart. She is also the founder and director of The Whirling Rainbow Foundation and the Rainbow Fire Dream Lodge in Palmer, Alaska.

White Eagle's voice has a primal and mesmerizing quality, penetrating to the very heart and soul of our indigenous connection with each other and the earth. White Eagle's dynamic performances are well known for transforming the hearts of all involved, leading audiences in unified action on global issues of world peace, racial reconciliation, environmental stewardship and earth sustainability.

http://whirlingrainbow.com/whiteeagle.htm

Offline bls926

« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2008, 04:42:18 am »
I know we'd talked about Holzwarth's friend's ashes being placed inside the Grandmother Drum. Wan't sure if we had a link for that or not. Found a newspaper article tonight about it, written by Suraj Holzwarth -  Farewell to Amrahla North.

www.echo.net.au/archives/18_08/pdf/p06.pdf 

Edit for spelling/typo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:15:25 pm by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2008, 05:00:07 am »
Alaska Wellness - September/October 2002

Suraj Holzwarth on The Grandmother Drum Project - An interview with Holzwarth after she returned from Australia.

Intro:

The project and the Ring of Fire World Tour have been funded solely on love from the Alaskan community. Prayers, blessings and traditional ceremony were held by the Athabascan tribes of Eklutna, Chickaloon, Kenatize, Qutekcak, Tyonek and Nondalton for the drum to be built on Athabascan land. Thousands of Alaskans took part in the making of the drum and the community healing ceremonies that followed. In August 2001, the GrandMother Drum honored Athabascan Grandmother Katie John at the largest human rights march in Alaskan history -- the "We the People" march and rally.

From the interview:

AK Wellness: What about the animals of this land? Did you have any unusual encounters?

Suraj: As my medicine is Eagle medicine, I came to spend a lot of time in Australia with the Wedgetail eagles. These birds are very similar to Bald eagles in that they mate for life and usually fly together in spiral patterns. The Wedgetail eagles began assisting me at the beginning of every ceremony. They did this so consistently that I began to ask them when to start the ceremonies. When the time was right, the eagles would come and spiral above head.

At one point, the eagles asked me to take on their medicine for the land. During the middle of trip, I received a message in a dream that I was to take on their medicine completely. What did that mean? I didn't know. The following day, while driving on the highway to reach the next ceremony, I saw a dead Wedgetail eagle on side of road. I asked the truck driver to stop. I walked over to the bird and did some energy work to see where its spirit was. I found it was only 12 hours dead, and its spirit about half crossed over. I do a lot of work helping animals cross over when I find them, so I have a sense of what usually happens. But what happened with this bird was very different than what would happen in North America. Partly this is because the energy is so different in Australia. Normally, when assisting animals to transition, I usually hold the energy as a conduit, but this time the energy of that bird went into me. It literally entered my body. It was a very powerful experience. And I am still carrying that. I am carrying the medicine of the Wedgetail eagle for that land, and am just now beginning to understand what I am being asked to do.

http://www.alaskawellness.com/sept-oct02/drum.htm