General > Frauds

George Bertelstein & Medicine Path NAC

<< < (2/4) > >>

Michael Johnson:
Hi Trish!

Nice to see you on the net again!

Mike Johnson here.

I am back in Texas for a while, but expect to be heading back to Tellico sometime in the next year.

Good to see you again.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Cante:
George Bertlestein and his Medicine Path (www.medicinepath.org) group are known fruads in my community. He charges $400 for a 24hr "vision quest" that includes the use of San Pedro cactus. He charges $50 for a "sweat lodge" that also includes San Pedro. He allows photographs to be taken of his ceremonies. His pipe, which he calls a Canupa, is covered in shiny metal. His "teachings" come from Barret Eagle Bear who is very questionable in my book. He is good friends with James W. "Flaming Eagle" Mooney and his plastic NAC group. He has been invited to traditional ceremony and has refused every time. He is a Jewish psychologist who acts like a cult leader. I have a LOT more information, and proof, on this guy if anyone wants it.

Cante:
This is the latest email I have received from George and his Medicine Path group. It seems that they are doing a "pipe ceremony" mixed with hallucinogenic San Pedro cactus and selling it for $150. IMO this guy should be put in the known frauds catagory.

--- Quote ---Dear Friends,

Medicine Path is pleased to announce an upcoming Joint Ceremony of the Sacred Pipe & the Andean Medicine. 

We are blessed to have the participation and support of our dear sister Linda "Brighthawk" Mooney, Medicine Woman and an officer and Spiritual Leader of Oklevueaha Earthwalks Native American Church of Utah. Linda is also a member of the Board of Directors of Medicine Path.  Linda and her husband, our great brother James Warren "Flaming Eagle" Mooney and their lives and ceremonies are a part of the foundation of Medicine Path.  We are honored to have Linda join us.

The Grandmother of this Pipe ceremony, my adopted sister and first teacher Barrett Eagle Bear, Lakota Medicine Woman and Sundance Leader, will be joining us.  It is an honor and a blessing to have her loving presence. 

If you would like to attend this ceremony or have any questions, please contact Jeff Wright at ****@************.*** or (415)****-****.

Space for this ceremony is limited. Please respond as soon as possible if you would like to participate. 

When: Saturday, 03/03/07. 6:30 pm arrival.

Suggested Donation: $150

Medicine Path is a non-profit organization that relies on your donations to support its intention to offer sacred ceremonies and continuous ongoing support to all who come in a good way. Your donation also enables Medicine Path to offer material support to our friends, elders and teachers who share this intention.

As always, no one will be turned away from this or any other Medicine Path ceremony for lack of funds.
--- End quote ---

I have attended one of his "normal" (non-drug use) pipe ceremonies. When I asked him where he got his pipe from he refused to answer me. He also rudely interrupted my prayer to tell me I was holding his pipe incorrectly (I know how to hold a Canupa). They also tried really hard to pressure me to take a trip to Peru with them. I told them that was not my way and that I didn't have the funds to go anyway. They told me that I could make installment payments and could also work off any $$ I was unable to pay (I know of 4 women who were molested by the curandero on this trip and 1 who was diagnosed with lukemia shortly after). Needless to say, I never went back. His pipe is covered in shiny metal studs which is not Traditional Lakota. Though I have since learned that he was given this pipe by Barrett Eagle Bear who claims to be a Medicine Woman and Spiritual Leader of Lakota Tradition. How can a traditional mix up and participate in stuff like this? How can a traditional allow photographs of an Inipi ceremony to be taken (I found them on the net and have them)? Barrett Eagle Bear is also supposably Intercessor at the Ina Maka Sun Dance, does anyone know anything about this dance?

I also feel that "Brighthawk" and "Flaming Eagle" need to be put into the frauds catagory as well. They are using the N.A.C. name in a bad way and pitting the real N.A.C. against their psuedo N.A.C. with all their lawsuits regarding their right, as non-natives, to carry the Medicine and pray in this way. And as you can see they are also supporting the mixing of Traditions and Medicines... And charging for it...

Barnaby_McEwan:

--- Quote from: Cante on January 23, 2007, 05:12:32 pm ---IMO this guy should be put in the known frauds catagory.
--- End quote ---

Done. Thanks for all the info.

--- Quote ---I also feel that "Brighthawk" and "Flaming Eagle" need to be put into the frauds catagory as well.
--- End quote ---

Mooney is already there. I don't think we need a separate thread for his wife.

Cante:
Pilamaya aloh for moving this.

I do still have some questions about Barrett Eagle Bear though. Does anyone know anything about her (see my questions in my previous post)?

btw - I also passed the information I have on all these people to Alfred Bone Shirt of the DLN Coalition. Mr. Mooney claims to be adopted by the Sicangu Lakota Oyate and that is where he also claims to have gotten his N.A.C. Fireplace and become a Roadman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version