Author Topic: Redwolf Pope Rape Case  (Read 31514 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Redwolf Pope Rape Case
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:00:05 pm »
https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/redwolf-pope-arrest-warrant/5002931/

Marian Camacho
July 25, 2018 10:47 AM

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - An arrest warrant has been issued for a tribal activist who is accused of rape. 

Santa Fe police issued the warrant on Monday for 41-year-old Redwolf Pope, who lives in Santa Fe part of the time.

Police began their investigation into Pope last June when his roommates told officers they found videos that appear to show him raping unconscious women.

Piff

Lt. Michele Williams of the Santa Fe Police Department said the agency is working closely with the Seattle Police Department to investigate the case, since Pope is reported to travel frequently between the two cities and may have committed crimes in either or both.

The Washington woman told police that Pope, identified in other news media as a member of the Tlingit tribe of the Pacific Northwest, is well respected by the tribe’s elders.

In court documents, Pope’s roommates describe him as the traveling, self-employed owner of the companies MediaDojo LLC and Redwolf Law LLC.

A spokeswoman with the Tulalip Tribal Court in Washington state confirmed he has been a member of the tribal bar since 2013.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/traveling-business-owner-charged-with-rape-in-santa-fe/article_2e10df3a-8f88-11e8-99d6-875407817932.html

Piff

Lt. Michele Williams told the Santa Fe New Mexican on Wednesday that 41-year-old Redwolf Pope had been taken into custody overnight.
http://ktar.com/story/2152522/native-american-activist-accused-of-rape-arrested-in-phoenix/

Piff

Uploaded clip from Maricopa county, Arizona inmate roster.

Case:  T477274NM     Bond:  No Bond
001   Count(s) 
Disposition:  AWAITING COUNTY IA COURT

Offline Sparks

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/traveling-business-owner-charged-with-rape-in-santa-fe/article_2e10df3a-8f88-11e8-99d6-875407817932.html

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact webeditor@sfnewmexican.com or call 505-983-3303.

I see this notice more and more often from minor U.S. newspapers. Annoying!

Piff

Traveling business owner charged with rape in Santa Fe

Sami Edge Jul 24, 2018 Updated Jul 24, 2018 (…)

Santa Fe police issued an arrest warrant Monday for a traveling business owner they’ve been investigating for over a month on suspicion of sex crimes.

Redwolf Pope, 41, is accused of sexually assaulting women who appear to be unresponsive and recording the crimes, according to an affidavit seeking a warrant for his arrest.

Local police have been investigating these and other allegations since at least early June, when Pope’s roommates told officers they had found video that appears to show him raping unconscious women. The roommates also told police they believe he planted hidden cameras in his apartment in Seattle, where they sometimes stay, and may have also planted cameras in the apartment they share in Santa Fe.

A woman from the Seattle area also told police in that city earlier this month that she believes Pope raped her in a Santa Fe hotel room when she was visiting the area last fall.

On Monday, a Santa Fe County Magistrate Court judge signed off on an arrest warrant for Pope.

He is facing charges of criminal sexual penetration, criminal sexual contact, aggravated battery and false imprisonment.

According to the affidavit for Pope’s arrest, the woman from Washington tried to put the situation with Pope out of her mind until one of Pope’s roommates called to tell her they’d found videos of him having sex with unconscious women.

The tattoos of one of the women in the videos match those of the woman from Washington, according to the affidavit. When the woman was shown a screenshot of the recording, the affidavit says, she confirmed the tattoos match her own.

Lt. Michele Williams of the Santa Fe Police Department said the agency is working closely with the Seattle Police Department to investigate the case, since Pope is reported to travel frequently between the two cities and may have committed crimes in either or both.

The Washington woman told police that Pope, identified in other news media as a member of the Tlingit tribe of the Pacific Northwest, is well respected by the tribe’s elders.

In court documents, Pope’s roommates describe him as the traveling, self-employed owner of the companies MediaDojo LLC and Redwolf Law LLC.

A spokeswoman with the Tulalip Tribal Court in Washington state confirmed he has been a member of the tribal bar since 2013.

According to the TEDx Seattle website, Pope gave a talk in Seattle titled “Lessons of Courage from Standing Rock,” and is the founder of a business called Maru.

Pope did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I saw something from a Tlingit person saying he is not Tlingit. Then I saw one article, but I will have to find it, saying he is Western Shoshone. So I am wondering if he is related to John Pope aka Rolling Thunder.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/police-native-american-activist-accused-of-rape-in-santa-fe/

n a police interview last week, one woman told a Seattle detective that she had known Pope for years and had trusted him in the past because of his standing in her tribe, which is Tlingit.

Pope appeared on “The O’Reilly Factor” on Fox News in the past to discuss Native American perspectives on Thanksgiving, The Santa Fe New Mexican reported. The show identified his tribal affiliation as being Western Shoshone.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Don't have time to do anything right now, but I found a pic of "Mala Spotted Eagle Pope" that includes his children. One looks just like "Redwolf Pope". I could be wrong, but i suspect that redwolf Pope is the grandson of John "Rolling Thunder" Pope.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Found this. https://www.mylife.com/redwolf-pope/kwagegotia
Summary
Redwolf Pope is 41 years old and was born on 8/24/1976. Currently, they lives in Seattle, WA; and previously lived in Shoreline, WA, Monmouth, OR, Corvallis, OR and Eugene, OR. Sometimes Redwolf goes by various nicknames including Red Pope, Red W Pope and Redwolf W Pope. undefined currently works as an IT and Communications Manager at Potlatch Fund. Other family members and associates include Winter Pope, Sandra Pope, Mala Eagle Pope, Hunnan Pope, Winnemucca Nevada, Holly Pederson and Fern Renville.  Learn More

Piff

Don't have time to do anything right now, but I found a pic of "Mala Spotted Eagle Pope" that includes his children. One looks just like "Redwolf Pope". I could be wrong, but i suspect that redwolf Pope is the grandson of John "Rolling Thunder" Pope.

I wondered about this too. I think you are right, will see what I can find.

Piff

I am excited! RedWolf Pope is visiting our state, he is arriving today. He is the son of Mala Spotted Eagle who is the founder of the well respected Nanish Shontie Indian Villiage. RedWolf is an amazing and beautiful young man who has accomplished so much in such a short time.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/redwolf+pope+mala/keywords_blended_posts

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Mala and Redwolf are both Shoshone, thru John Pope's wife. The thread on Mala shows that he also has a long list of accusations of abusing and assaulting women, in his case in Europe.

We (myself, and T Jacobs of the Gohiyuhi website) actually were in contact with Redwolf Pope maybe 15-18 years ago, several emails. At the time Redwolf was trying to start a Native owned media company. He confirmed that his grandfather was a white imposter but defended him as not an exploiter, just someone trying to guide hippies who was ultimately frustrated by the effort. There were no accusations of his grandfather abusing anyone that I know of.

Piff

Mala Spotted Eagle and Sandra Katherine (Young) Sparrow Pope have several children, including Red Wolf/Redwolf  Pope and Winter Sparrow Pope. I think also Hunnan Siton Pope.

Piff

July 26--A story on Page A-7 of the Wednesday, July 25, 2018, edition of The New Mexican, about an arrest warrant issued for a man accused of sexual crimes, incorrectly reported that Redwolf Pope, who splits time between Santa Fe and Seattle, was an owner of Washington state-based MediaDojo LLC. He helped co-found the company, according to current CEO Ron Villahermosa, but has not been a part of the company since September. The story also said Pope has been identified in news media as a member of the Tlingit tribe. However, a tribal official says his name is not included in a database of Tlingit members.

Correction, July 26, 2018
TCA Regional News; Chicago [Chicago]26 July 2018.