NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Floyd Buffalo Hand

<< < (3/6) > >>

Cetan:
Yes I do know him from many years at Sundance, he is also my hunka brother's cousin. I would not post about someone I only heard internet gossip about; anythime I post with an opinion or information on someone it is from personal first hand knowledge not rumors. As I already stated he is a respected member of the Mahpiya Luta tiospaye and while some people may not like him I have never heard anyone question who he is or accuse him of selling ceremonies.  If you just want to throw mud question the integrity of a well respected full blood without personal knowledge go over to Indianz.combatzone

educatedindian:
There was a concern that Hand defended an obvious exploiter, yet another Nuager posing as a Cherokee shaman.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=997.0

But I don't see any signs of him being what I would call an exploiter. Possibly having eccentric ideas is not the same. I don't think the story at the start of this threads is intended to be racist since western ideas about race weren't widely believed by NDNs at the time. It was a strong critique of western culture.

Cetan:
I know of lots of people who have been flown in to talk and run sweat lodges - Arvol Looking Horse for one has been paid to come to MI and talk and run a sweat.

Ann:
I do understand the hatred towards the whites but i feel we have to learn to live together.Someone had mention Floyd to me.Tacia why insult my family.Rattlebone is right about you.And speahing of whites you have some ugly charateristics yourself...I am not trying to be mean but just calling it the way i see it.

tachia:
cetan ..

i am only posting what i could find in research on the internet .. very often that is all we have until someone with personal knowledge, such as yourself in this case, steps forward with that knowledge .. i do not see posting information what is widely available on the internet as "slinging mud" .. the intent is to find out as much as we can about someone once they are brought to the attention of the forum, isn't it? .. the internet can be a very valuable tool .. and as we all know, it can also be used as a weapon against someone .. perhaps that is the case here with some of the information on the net about floyd? ..

ya know cetan, what your saying is very true about a lot of our people who get into the public eye, whether by choice or not .. people may not like them, nor like everything about them yet those dislikes are merely personal opinions and have nothing to do with someone being an exploiter .. i do not see floyd as being an exploiter, i merely see some rather eccentric, and yes rather nuage, ideas that he apparently holds and some associations with people that are considered exploiters .. i may not like some of his ideas but that does not mean that i am saying he is an exploiter, nor does posting info from the web mean that i am "slinging mud" at him .. i did say that i do not know near enough about him to say much of anything, and i did say that there were positive things about him as well as negative .. .. some people like him, some people don't, some opinions of him are positive and some are not .. that is pretty much the norm with anyone is it not?

i only posted in this thread because his name had been brought up to me before this .. i was hoping for more information, especially first hand information about him .. which you have now provided in here .. i do believe that first hand information/knowledge is very important and i thank you for posting such .. whether positive or negative, personal first hand knowledge of someone is very valuable, far more so than information found on the internet .. you really cannot know about someone until you know them personally .. ..

anyways .. thanks for the information .. and i am sorry if you thought i was "slinging mud" by posting things off the internet .. that was not my intent .. .. ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version