Author Topic: Grandfather Peter Red Wolf  (Read 9452 times)

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
Grandfather Peter Red Wolf
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:44:26 pm »
Just come across this guy on e bay. Seems he is a Medicine Healer and Shaman operating in the UK.  Check out his Native American Crystal Wand (aaaaaagghhhhhhhhhh) then check his blog. Seems there is going to be some Bear Clan Gathering coming up soon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NATIVE-AMERICAN-SPIRIT-OF-BUFFALO-SHAMANIC-CRYSTAL-WAND_W0QQitemZ300143257409QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3226QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Piya
To Old To Die Young

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Grandfather Peter Red Wolf
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:56:24 pm »
Also operates the 'Bearclan School for Shamanic Studies'.

http://www.mbspages.co.uk/therapists/therapist_listing.php?therapist=278

He appears either to be claiming he is a Mohawk elder or trained by one, and has provided details of the gathering he plans in September, where there will be 'a lot of drumming and earth healing'. With luck it will be as well attended as this 'shamanic drumming ceremony':

http://www.mbspages.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=77&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=505

(I liked some of the ads on that site: 'Aromatherapy consultants - no experience required')

According to the Royal Mail's Address Finder the postcode given, PE33 9XA, is not in Beachamwell, Norfolk but in Oxborough a few miles to the south. There's also a photo of a 'sweat lodge' in his gallery, though as with the photo linked above it's not clear whether he operated it or just attended.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:24:42 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:45:30 pm »
I wrote to him and got a reply,  says he is a half breed lol, gonna have to ask a bit more.

There is a confusion in the word Shaman in the U.K I do not particularly like using it but it is more easily recognised and used in the U.K. I am a what pure N/A's call a half breed so these wands are crafted by myself from my knowledge of my first people heritage with the love from the other half. As my first people's grandfather told me "We are all one Tribe" after all. I aplogise if it created any offense.
Grandfather Peter

To Old To Die Young

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:41:31 am »
Does anyone else wonder if he chose his twink name from the story Peter and the Wolf?

I found one message board where a pagan in Virginia mentions being taught by him. There is no mention of him being NDN at all, or any specific tribe, only that he "lived many years among Indians in Canada."

Offline Jamie Hume

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:18:08 pm »
Ummm, there are sacred healing crystals in central Canada. They are a soft mauve colour. These are traditional. I went by an acerage once where you could buy a basket and fill it with as many of these crystals as you could. Wood Bison are indigeonous to central Canada also.

I don't like things like this being sold in this manner, but maybe someone is marketing this for him. It would be interesting to find out what the mans story really is.

I don't care for it non the less. I read the site and it was not something I would persoanlly feel comfortable with! I have seen people selling candles that they say are blessed and things like that. It is a tricky line to walk. Maybe you need to distinguish between what is really out of bounds and what is general philosophy and ahhh...what is relatively small stuff.

frederica

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:57:28 pm »
Looks Twink to me. Never seen much chakra cleansing or soul therapy using "Tatanka" or "Thunderbird" crystal wands.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:37:57 pm »
Twinkie big time
Anytime these people use
Lakota words mixed with other tribes
In Spirit

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:33:12 am »
Bit of a bugger I am a recognized member of the Bear Clan then huh?
I have e mailed this guy asking by what right he markets OUR clan as
 HIS domain name.dependant on his response I shall be contacting the
 Clan mothers and sisters of all our nations Bear lodges.

Offline quicksilverwade

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 03:00:44 am »
Is there a certain way to go about questioning these people.  I always end up being harsh and mean at first contact.

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 07:10:59 pm »
But Wade you are always such a sweetie!!  ::)

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 01:28:08 pm »
Peter Red Wolf ,hahahahaha only in his dreams , Must be some twinkie going nuts on the cash in on Native spirituality ,Sheesh