Author Topic: Rod Baca AKA COCHISE ONE PAW  (Read 22040 times)

Offline milehighsalute

Rod Baca AKA COCHISE ONE PAW
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:07:28 pm »
hi.....im new around here though i been trolling for over 2 years

dunno if you ever seen this guy but i found his card at a new-agey coffee house

i NEVER seen this guy ever and im at alot of events in denver's indian community

his drum is not apache

his crafts are not apache

his teachings are not apache

looks like he bullshitted his way into some classes before.....im sure for a good price

he advertises himself as a "spiritual advisor"

http://www.onepaws.com/
[just changed title-Al]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:25:09 am by educatedindian »

Epiphany

Re: COCHISE ONE PAW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:38 pm »
From his site, he claims: American Indian given name is Cochise, his Mescalero Grandmother named him the day he was born in 1963. American given name Roderick. Animal spirit name is OnePaw. Ancestry is of the Ndee (Apache, Chiricahua, and Mescalero) and Hopi nations. Elder is Uncle Bruno (Strong Bear) Talmadge. "Chief of our family" uncle Joseph Steven Talmadge aka Two Shadows Walking. (site doesn't allow right clicking for copying and pasting)

With the auto load up of music, the trailing cursor, and some neon contrasting text colors http://www.onepaws.com/medicinewheel.htm , this site could trigger migraines.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »
i think he is indian....very well could be..........but then again there are many mexicans and arabs posing as injuns too.......

denveris twinkie town like you wouldnt believe...........a mexican woman who calls herself a sundance chief and bullshitted her way into NDN jobs, another mexican who holds a big stoner sweat as well as one on my side of town who runs a stoner sweat where they smoke weed out of a chanumpa.........

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »
yes the Zia is definately a pueblo symbol.....im pueblo......

we also have a guy here by the name of joseph blackwolf who some friends told me he charged thier cousin $1000 to perform a chrokee wedding ceremony

i see you have a blackwolf here so i wonder if he may know if the guy is legit.....if so i will back off

we had a sundance group recently charging europeans thousands of dollars and found out it was a filipino running it and playing indian

i knew a white woman from work who performed "pueblo" ceremonies for money.....she told me she learned it from a hopi "shaman medicine woman" and her card said "kiva enterprises" and claimed to have spent many years studying in a kiva.......i explained to her in my culture that women DO NOT practice medicine and that women are not allowed in kivas.....she never tried having that conversation with me again

i know white people who run sweats

i have an ex-friend who went twinkie and uses sweats and mixes aztec stuff and pro-mexican politics in with it along with guevara style revolution talk

its ridiculous here

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:06 am »
in one of those twinkie events he performs a "fire ceremony"..........i seen one apache fire dance and it included GA'AN, i doubt he can get 5 Ga'an to go to that event mucvh less dance it

http://www.facebook.com/onepaw?fref=ts check it out he is raising money for a new tipi for his ceremonies.....didnt the mescalero live in wiciups?

http://boards.ancestry.myfamily.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=520&p=surnames.romero dumbass posted his geneology....looks to be a PODIA at best, a great grandmother who MAY have been NDN....and at that they werent even sure what band of what tribe apache they were....one claim he says he is mescalero, than in another tall tale he claims blood relation to cochise who was chiricahua

also scroling all the way down he speaks of the importance of animal totems......that aint apache

i cant find a homepage for the mescalero.....who would i send this to?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:57:24 pm by milehighsalute »

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:30:45 am »
im goin through his FB pics.....he performs "apache" weddings.....and talks of a "black wolf spirit" and how the grizzly is revered to apache people (there are no grizzly's in apache land)

oh and a snake pic that remimded of his dream of walking the path of a thousand snakes.......i thought snakes were taboo to apache?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:42:19 am by milehighsalute »

Autumn

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:54:02 am »
This is where he got the artwork for his website:  http://goldenwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d18bz0j  Wonder if he paid for it?  I doubt it, since the watermark still shows up.  I did make a comment on the artist's page, just in case she was not aware of it.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »
found out his name.....rod baca

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Rod Baca AKA COCHISE ONE PAW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:51 am »
im goin through his FB pics.....he performs "apache" weddings.....and talks of a "black wolf spirit" and how the grizzly is revered to apache people (there are no grizzly's in apache land)

oh and a snake pic that remimded of his dream of walking the path of a thousand snakes.......i thought snakes were taboo to apache?

There are brown bears on the Mescalero rez, probably Jicarilla too. But no grizzlies. I doubt there are any bears at all on the AZ rezzes.
Yeah, snakes are a big taboo.

Baca's name is all over some sites, seems he used to be a disc golfer.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »
check this guys facebook out......he is still beggin for money

Offline RunsWithScissorz

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 09:34:05 am »
Bears on AZ rezzes:  there are definitely black bear on the White Mountain Apache rez and also San Carlos Apache.  Probably other tribal areas as well, they have a pretty good range in Arizona. 

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
yeah.....small black bears all through 4 corners and i imagine even down in san carlos sisnce they are a little heartier to hot weather than other bears.....as i said i DO know there is no grizzlies there

mabe mr carroll can answer a question.....do the apache (mescalero in particular) have an eagle dance? this one paw clown does "apache eagle dances" for all the white folks at twinkie events....i wonder how much he gets paid?

lol and i still laugh at the thought of him doing a fire ceremony with no ga'an

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:42 pm »
The Jicarilla have an eagle dance, but I've never heard of a Mescalero one. If there ever was one, it hasn't been done in a long while far as I know.
Does Baca look like this when he does his dances?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8109021615_3bfa236d99_z.jpg

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 03:04:23 pm »
i dunno.....i just know some new age type events advertised him and his friend performing eagle dances at them....like i said he also made claims of being descended from cochise and geronimo who werent even mescalero so who knows.........here he is beggin for money again
 http://www.gofundme.com/1ymcpc