Author Topic: Henry Reyna..gr gr grandson of Geronimo..yeah right!  (Read 20198 times)

Miamowi

Henry Reyna..gr gr grandson of Geronimo..yeah right!
« on: February 25, 2007, 02:16:26 pm »
Check this out guys..this one lives in Germany...

http://childrenofthesun.net/train.html

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Henry Reyna..gr gr grandson of Geronimo..yeah right!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:15:28 pm »
What a cheesy website.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:17:33 am »
omg lol dont even have to go to the website. just the name of it speaks volumes.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:21:21 am »
Is this something to do with Sonny Reyna?

In the section called "As the Teepee Turns" you will discover vignettes of my life...it will be added to like a soap opera, Native American style.  Most importantly I wish to familiarize you with a wonderful cleansing product for detoxification that I strongly believe in.

Meaning: "I am a fantasist. I paid to join a 'natural health' pyramid selling scheme and am slowly realising that I got ripped off: I want my money back...from you!"

The 'bio' page plays a MIDI loop of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' at you. Ironic.

Miamowi

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:36:31 pm »
Hi Barnaby..I havent been able to tie the two together yet but it seems highly suspiscious that both have the same surname,both claim to be from the same nation and both claim to be sundancers! Oh yes, and make them both AIM members too eh?...yeah right...I KNOW who are the AIM members and founders in Europe!

Maybe they are cousins or had the same father...but Henry Reyna's story is nothing short of spectacular! Of Course! What can we expect from a fraud...I do happen to know his father was in fact a Mexican!

I would like Mr Henry Reyna to confront me just as his "relation" Sonne Reyna did..wouldnt you like to see it again too Barnaby...hehehehe.....let's see how he measures up to a mi'kmaw!

I am sure Mr Henry Reyna would not dare to wave his "eagle feather" in front of my nose! And I hope he is reading this as the next time I land in Germany which wont be that far off I would expect him to be a man and face me! If he happens to speak to Sonne in the meantime he will be able to ask Sonne what I promised would happen should I hear of ceremony being sold again anywhere in Europe!

Mr Reyna is "king" of the twinkie crowd in Germany..not an envious position in my view as a Mi'kmaw! I am sure Mr Reyna's hobbiest friends are telling him what is being written on this site!

So Mr Reyna....hows bout it....??????? And tell me Mr Reyna..did you happen to dig up sacred ground to get your DNA test to see if you are descended from Geronimo? Maybe you can tell us grafically and specifically how you managed to be descended from Geronimo eh?..I for one amongst many from the nations are waiting with bated breath!

Oh "a whiter shade of pale"..that's cause he emptys everyones wallet!" Ironic eh?

OK..waiting to see if I get a superb reply with honesty on this one which I doubt very much!

Adios Amigos!

Miamowi

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 08:50:02 am »
Well, here we go folks..a picture of the man himself with genealogy explanation...

http://www.ph1webdesign.de/index%20english/apache%20index%20engl0.htm

Enjoy!

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 05:49:23 pm »
The site is in English and German. I just had a look at the German part which has additonal entries, e.g. a list of Apache tribes.

There is also a button which says "Chiricahua":

http://www.ph1webdesign.de/index_dtsch/apache_index_dtsch0.htm

"Chiricahua Apache in Germany
great-grandson of Geronimo

'I give myself up to you. Do with me what you please. Once I moved about like the wind. Now I surrender to you and this is all'. Geronimo 1886
[The quote is in English language, but I think there's a mistake in the second sentence...]

At this point in time, my great-grandmother Marcianna de la Cruz was just one year of age. At the age of 21, she gave birth to a son of Geronimo's - my grandfather Rafael Diaz de la Cruz.
May the fighting spirit of my ancestors accompany you and may the Great Spirit bless all your deeds and your paths.
Da shil gooyee - I like it.
Henry Diaz de la Cruz Reyna Chiricahua-Apache"

The English site never mentions any academic titles. In the German version, Reyna repeatedly signs as H. D. R. "M.A./M.D."; once the M.A./M.D. is put in front of the name. There were no M.A.s to be obtained at German universities until very recently when some universities revised their courses of studies. But as far as I know, M.A.s cannot be obtained at all German universities. If I understand M.D. correctly, this is a medical doctor. It is perhaps not quite surprising that we get the US equivalent on his site, as German authorities will get very upset if and when people claim the German version of a 'Dr. med.' in vain. This is regarded as a crime.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 08:48:21 pm by Ingeborg »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 01:51:06 pm »
For some reason the second site isn't coming up for me.

Sometime it's a good thing not to have speakers on my computer. Another part of the site mentions thank yous to Martin High Bear and Celo Black Crow. Both of them have had their words misued quite a bit by twinks. My sense is that this Reyna and his friend are NDN but flakes who don't care about how they make a buck with these silly soaps. The portrait of Goyathlay is just bizarre, like it was done by someone who'd done a lot of LSD. They know the story of the Chiricahua prisoners, but then again, so does every western history buff. If he truly is related to anyone of Goyathlay's warriors, I doubt that any of his descendants will want to admit knowing this guy.

frederica

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 05:31:54 pm »
He just doesn't really give any information. And that is probably for a reason. There is no telling what the MD stands for, if he practiced medicine, he would be signing Dr. in front of his name. Here is a brief history of relatives. It doesn't list his 4th wife (Kate). Harlyn Geronimo is the great grandson, in his middle or late 50's and he still lives in New Mexico. It just looks like another unsubstantiated claim. http://goodies.freeservers.com/geronimo.html                      frederica

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 08:47:10 pm »

Sorry about the link. It seems I can't get the link to work.
You'll find the site when you go to the main page:
http://www.ph1webdesign.de
click German language version
click "Chiricahua"

frederica

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 09:14:34 pm »
here is another link. This is Comanche, but he is on this one also. http://www.four-suns.de/news/comanche/dank20%an%20com/dank.htm  I beginning to think there are more Nations in Germany than here. jk.    frederica

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:27:45 am »
I knew it would only be a matter of time before Mr. Reyna and his co-horts would get the
attention of the Native American community. I am glad to see his day has finally come.

According to Mr. Reyna, his ancestors are as follows:

Goyathlay Chal-O-Ron 1829-1909
Marcianna de la Cruz 1885-Unknown

Rafael Diaz de la Cruz 1906-Unknown
Teofila Martinez Tovar 1906-Unknown

Alfarraro Diaz Martinez 1932-Living (AKA Mike Reyna)
Rio Graf 1937-Living

Mr. Reyna told me personally when his great grandmother (age 21 or so) became
pregnant, Goyathlay (age 76 or so) sent her and the horses to Mexico where
they would be safe. With the exception of Henry and his mother, all of his
ancestors were born and died in Mexico. I have always wondered if she
traveled to Fort Sill to be with Goyathlay or if Goyathlay traveled to Mexico
to be with her.

There is another serious flaw in Mr. Reyna's story. The wives of Goyathlay were
Chiracahua and his descendants (to the best of my knowledge) are Chiracahua.
Goyathlay was Bendonkohe Apache. Since Mr. Reyna's mother is 100% German,
I would like to know what has made him come to the conclusion he is Chiracahua?

There's no need to answer that question. As it just so happens, I have two
letters: one from the Chiracahua at Fort Sill and the other from the Chiracahua
at the Mescalero Reservation. Both letters state none of his ancestors were
Chiracahua. I would be more than happy to email these scanned letters to
the Forum administrators so they can be available for public consumption.

Mr. Reyna is a psycho therapist by profession but introduced himself to me as
being a Doctor of Psychiatry. He does, in fact, use "M.D." on his English
webpages but uses different titles on the German ones.

Mr. Reyna is the "kingpin" of the Hobbyist scene in Germany. He and his co-horts
appear at schools, museums, on television, in newspapers and magazines and
at the Deutsch-Amerikanishes Institut. By all appearances, it seems none of
the journalists, tv reporters, etc. have verified his claim to fame and are
aiding and abetting this fraud. Mr. Reyna claims to be a member of AIM and is
sometimes accompanied by a Native American who claims to be a founding
member of AIM and a Veteran of Little Big Horn. (He gets around well for
someone age 120+!) Mr. Reyna has also told the public he is so important he
is starting his own tribe in America.

I've heard through the grapevine that yes, Mr. Reyna took a DOA test and can
prove he is descended from Goyathlay. I, too, am interested in hearing all
the details about this test and in seeing proof positive of his being descended
from Goyathlay. The grapevine also says Mr. Reyna and another great grandson
of Goyathlay will be appearing at a musuem in Germany sometime in the month
of May. Rumor has it the other great grandson is a politician and I am still
researching the details about this.

Mr. Reyna is 100% fraud. Everyone who supports him needs to be named and
shamed!

Crow with a loud voice

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 12:02:16 pm »

Alfarraro Diaz Martinez 1932-Living (AKA Mike Reyna)
Rio Graf 1937-Living
The family name is German, but the first name must be a nickname, and is uncommon here - or maybe it's a typo? The name 'Ria' is/was used, it's an abbreviation of 'Maria'.

Mr. Reyna is a psycho therapist by profession but introduced himself to me as being a Doctor of Psychiatry. He does, in fact, use "M.D." on his English webpages but uses different titles on the German ones.
Ahem. Psychiatry here is part of the medical faculty of universities. General medicine is a four to five years course of studies. When you're finished, you can specialize and e.g become a neurologist, ophthalmologist, or a psychiatrist which requires a further course of studies of several years. Of course doing a doctorate is optional. As many courses of medical studies do not require the candidate to write a thesis (it's just written and oral examination), many students do their doctor's thesis before these final exams. As far as I know, no matter what you specify in later, a doctorate done in the medical faculty is a Dr. med.

'Psychotherapist' is not a protected term (if you call yourself a psychiatrist or psychologist in vain, this is a criminal offence), so more or less anybody can open up shop and do psychotherapy. There are of course persons who did a course of studies beforehand. Due to the way universities are organized in Germany, psychology may be part of the Science faculty or even be part of the Arts faculty (and a doctorate would result in a Dr. rer.nat. -Science- or Dr. phil. -Arts-, but not a Dr. med.). The term 'psychologist' is protected and you're only allowed to use it after you successfully finished a course of studies in psychology.

I still assume there is a very good reason for Mr Reyna adding 'M.A./M.D.' to his texts in the English language version of the site while not mentioning them in the German version.

By all appearances, it seems none of the journalists, tv reporters, etc. have verified his claim to fame and are aiding and abetting this fraud.
When I googled Reyna's name, there were *no* articles etc showing up which I think is a bit surprising. The only entry I saw in this respect is some project in Stuttgart where Reyna comes up with a "Statement on US politics", but I can't access that.

Mr. Reyna claims to be a member of AIM and is sometimes accompanied by a Native American who claims to be a founding member of AIM and a Veteran of Little Big Horn. (He gets around well for someone age 120+!)
Well, one might confuse the Greasy Grass and the Wounded Knee quite easily ;D ::)

The grapevine also says Mr. Reyna and another great grandson of Goyathlay will be appearing at a musuem in Germany sometime in the month of May. Rumor has it the other great grandson is a politician and I am still researching the details about this.
The site mentions his 'Chiricahua brother' by the name of Harold Dick - could that be the same person? It makes a big deal of this person being the gr-grandson of a Chiricahua elder named Harold Dick, too. There's also an old photo of this alleged ancestor, but the original name of that person doesn't get mentioned at all, just the Anglo name... Plus a photo of this alleged gr-grandson and wife. And that photo of this person's alleged ancestor definitely doesn't show Goyathlay.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 02:02:39 pm »
As far as I know, Mr. Reyna did attend University in Germany
and did study psychology. Strangely enough, he does not
use the title Doctor which one would expect him to do if he
were, in fact, a doctor.

The Amerikanisitic magazine has done feature articles on
this great grandson of Geronimo. You will probably have to
search through old editions to find them as there have not
been any new articles to my knowledge.

Harold Dick is also involved with the Henry Reyna horse and pony
show. Mr. Dick lives in California with his German wife and has
also put up old photographs of Native people who may, or may
not be his ancestors. I do recall that at one time, Mr. Reyna was
allowing folks to donate money on his website because the Apache
people have no land and he was going to buy them some. Mrs.
Dick also had similar nonsense on her website and I informed him
the Chiracahua certainly do have land ... at Fort Sill and on the
Mescalero Reservation and they really shouldn't be collecting
money on their behalf.

I took a good look at Mr. Reyna's website and was not at all
surprised to discover his "speech" is actually from:

Great documents in American Indian History
Edited by Wayne Moquin with Charles Van Doren
New forward by Dee Brown
Afterword by Robert Powless
Originally published: New York: Praeger, 1973
ISBN: 0-306-80659-2
First Da Capo Press edition 1995
Copyright (C) 1973 by Praeger Publishers

Do we have a violation of US Copyright Laws since
this original author is not mentioned, nor is the book,
publishing company, etc. from which the text has
been taken?

Crow with a loud voice

frederica

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 06:04:27 pm »

"Mr. Reyna is a psycho therapist by profession but introduced himself to me as
being a Doctor of Psychiatry. He does, in fact, use "M.D." on his English
webpages but uses different titles on the German ones"

Here a Dr. of Psychiatry would require 4 years pre-med, 4 years medical school, 1 year internship, and a 3 to 5 year residency, plus pass Boards. And add on more for a pshchotherapist. He would be a Dr.  A Psychologist requires 4 years University, 1-2 years Masters, and 1-2 years Ph D. Then they are a Dr. of Psychology.  Both have to be licensed. Interesting.   frederica