NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

Don Cakerice AKA "Waterhawk"

<< < (2/2)

educatedindian:
debbieredbear2000" <debbieredbear2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:44:14 -0000
Subject: [nafps_again] Re:Chicken Hawk Re: Sweats

Ummm, Owl, women on their moontime do not usually sweat. Not because of the judeo-christian crap about uncleanliness, but because most of
the people I have met believe that this time is the woman's power time. That power can upset the balance in ceremony. I was also taught that my body is doing it's own ceremony so why would I need another one? My body's own isn't good enough?

--- In nafps_again@yahoogroups.com, "Owl" <dusky_owl@y...> wrote:
> It was  specifically stated that women on their menses were > absolutely not allowed in the sweat put on by the Waterhawk  (I call
> him Chicken Hawk)  I heard one of the event coordinators state "he > could not handle that"  hmmm  I guess he/they viewed it as being
> dirty as in gross -that that happens occasionally to women.  I guess > only the beautiful people were allowed in that sweat by Waterhawk.  
> >gag< >gag< >spit< >gag<    I don't think anything will change in a > yrs time  LOLL  once a sham allways a sham.
>
> Owl
> --- In nafps_again@yahoogroups.com, cavedweller66 <no_reply@y...>
> wrote:
> > "No nekked people anywhere, it is a modest camp, and even though > men > > and women do sweat together, they are all covered."
> > Judi
> > Conditions do vary Judi,however the Sweat Lodge Ceremony I was > > referring to by Waterhawk clearly stated that EVERYONE (men and
> > women) must enter the lodge completely naked so that their > spiritual > > self would be more receptive to Grandfather.This was over a year
> ago > > so maybe things have changed.  CD66

yellowhannahbanana:
Is this guy dangerous? I live by him and he is a real creep, troublemaker and pain in the ass. And quite frankly, he scares me.

educatedindian:
Since you're new, you didn't realize these are the archives, for old posts and not for new questions.

We've had reports of Cakerice and his inner circle being threatening or abusive to critics. It's best to be safe, take precautions. There are other threads on him, just use the search function at top.

If you can, could you tell us more about your experience in a new thread? Or contact us by private email if you're worried about threats.

debbieredbear:
Oh barf:

YouTube - Spirit Drumming- Don Waterhawk pt 1 In this short we hear Don Two Eagles Waterhawk talk about drumming. Don is a respected elder and teacher in the Neo-Pagan community and co-author of Sacred ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MVQjsuDArY - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Defend the Sacred:
More recent thread on Cakerice: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=16

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version