Odds and Ends > Computer Issues

Six days of lock-out?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Defend the Sacred:
The first tech problems were fixed, then a whole new batch cropped up. It's been frustrating, surreal and ridiculous, and has often been down to all of us just waiting for people not on our team to come through on what they were contracted to do.

All along, the site itself has been fine. The files are all fine. The problems have all had to do with connections, communications and routing. Hopefully it will be stable Very Soon Now.

All apologies, even though the main problem was out of our hands. Thank you for your patience. ("Serenity Now!!!!")

KrazyKraut:
We were suffering from a full fledged DDOS-attack. Seems its over now.

pocahontas:

--- Quote from: KrazyKraut on July 02, 2011, 09:36:00 pm ---We were suffering from a full fledged DDOS-attack. Seems its over now.

--- End quote ---

This explains why I could not post the following:

I realized there was something wrong, when I could not reach the site using my bookmark. I then googled several frauds and google in Germany did not show the relevant pages on newagefraud.org. And I googled nafps and newagefraud and "new age fraud and plastic shamans" and it was not shown either.

And I was directed to a site called  http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=815 and there was a message both in German and in English: "A URL that otherwise would have appeared in response to your search, was not displayed because that URL was reported as illegal by a German regulatory body."

Then nafps was back up and I thought its okay now. But yesterday again I could not reach the site. Hope the problems are fixed now.

And - very strange - both nafps and "new age fraud and plastic shamans" have been deleted in the German wikipedia. And in the English wikipedia as well!!

When I tried to post this the first time on July 1st, although properly logged in, I lost connection to the site. I could not reach the site using my bookmark and when I googled it, I got that message again ( see above).

180IQ:
It seems to be back up to speed now! Let's hope it stays that way for a while.

critter - a white non-ndn person:
I was just able to get on today. Glad it's back. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version