NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: British who once did "Native American teaching"

(1/3) > >>

TimberlineWarrior:
I recieved a mail today that seemed ok at first, but then I looked at his courses and found he teaches the Medicine Wheel... and other NA practices

Alexander Massey
Voice Wisdom
[Address and phone deleted]
Email: amassey@voicewisdom.co.uk
Web: http://www.voicewisdom.co.uk

FURTHER INFORMATION AND FREE ARTICLES:

WWW.VOICEWISDOM.CO.UK

There is also a weekend on voicework
with medicine wheels from Native American tradition:
JOURNEY AROUND YOUR VOICE (May 14-15, London W2).
More details to be found on the Voice Wisdom website.
 and from the web site...

8-12 April 2005 Voice Quest (4 day retreat)
Deep personal transformation and healing through engaging with your voice at many levels. Medicine Wheel teachings from native American tradition, song, dance, celebration, meditation and ritual (including nearby ancient Celtic sites). Fully residential and catered. Teaching includes some evening sessions.

and for this he charges £360 ($600 about). I didn't know there were any ancient Native American connections to the ancient Celtic sites of the UK, seems this bloke knows differently.

^. .^

Barnaby_McEwan:
'Shamanic' this, 'medicine wheel' that, 'Celtic' the other. SO mid-to-late nineties.

educatedindian:
Pretty much he's a voice coach who slaps some of the "core shamanism" stuff on. Relies on Leo Rutherford, Ted Andrews, and Kenneth Meadows. In other words, white guys who claim they got "secret Indian wisdom" from unnamed others.

Rutherford and Meadows are both Brits and all three are on every fraud list out there.

TimberlineWarrior:
as they should be.

^. .^

TimberlineWarrior:
I mailed Alexander and asked him where he recieved his teachings;

Hi,
reading your prospectus I see you teach the Native American Medicine Wheel. I am very interested in this, can you tell me where you recieved your teachings for the use of the Medicine Wheel please?

Timberline

Hello – I first learned of the medicine wheels through my wife, and since then have learned about them through Leo Rutherford, sweatlodges with different leaders, and my own studies and life experience. The medicine wheels themselves have their own way of teaching us too ...

All the best, Alexander

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version