NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Dennis "Rocky' King

<< < (2/8) > >>

educatednative:
ravenhair and educatedindian:  I am an Oneida Tribal Member who knows Dennis J. "Rocky" King---and I must say I do appreciate the NAFPS Forums' vigilant and well-intended protection of American Indian traditional ways and skills from dilution and harm through fraud and/or wrongful imitation.

However I assure you the knee-jerk speculations and baseless accusations regarding Mr. King are without merit.  First Dennis J. "Rocky" King is a member of the Bear Clan of the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin.  He is a 4/4 blood enrolled Oneida tribal member.  His Oneida Indian longhouse name is Lalutake'htas which means "He Scratches The Trees". 

To speculate and say that he must be "some white boy" is as close to being accurate as to say  "Who is Rodney Grant?  Must be some White Boy".

As for Rocky's work as a private and group healer as Creatorshelper is really none of any one's business who is not interested in his work; however if they are interested, Rocky utilizes his gifts to help people and all living things to whatever extent he can through traditional ways and philosophies as he has learned them from his teachers. 

Rocky was born and raised on the Oneida Reservation in Wisconsin and made the committment to this path over ten years ago as it is a gift in his family to help people.  He practices traditional and alternative approches to spiritual and physical healing amongst any of those open minded or interested in what he has to offer.  Rocky graciously accepts the allegedly evil "cash" payment as an exchange of energies between people, also barter, and sometimes, more often than not, for "free" ( since you seem so obsessed with such terminology and designations).

Rocky works with all sorts of alternative healers of differing practices and approches to healing and spiritual awarness, and of course, especially, all those open to it and open-minded about possible ways of healing and working with the Creator and all blessings.  Unfortunately this group would seem to not include either of you.

ravenhair and educatedindian:  I ask you to take down and retract your negative inferences and connotations regarding Dennis J. Rocky King.  Your noble efforts on behalf of indigenous peoples' ways are misplaced here, brother and sister.  Please continue in the spirit of coming together and loving one another a-ho.

educatedindian:

--- Quote from: educatednative on January 13, 2011, 09:10:01 pm ---

As for Rocky's work as a private and group healer as Creatorshelper is really none of any one's business who is not interested in his work; however if they are interested, Rocky utilizes his gifts to help people and all living things to whatever extent he can through traditional ways and philosophies as he has learned them from his teachers. 

Rocky was born and raised on the Oneida Reservation in Wisconsin and made the committment to this path over ten years ago as it is a gift in his family to help people.  He practices traditional and alternative approches to spiritual and physical healing amongst any of those open minded or interested in what he has to offer.  Rocky graciously accepts the allegedly evil "cash" payment as an exchange of energies between people, also barter, and sometimes, more often than not, for "free" ( since you seem so obsessed with such terminology and designations).

Rocky works with all sorts of alternative healers of differing practices and approches to healing and spiritual awarness, and of course, especially, all those open to it and open-minded about possible ways of healing and working with the Creator and all blessings.  Unfortunately this group would seem to not include either of you.

ravenhair and educatedindian:  I ask you to take down and retract your negative inferences and connotations regarding Dennis J. Rocky King.  Your noble efforts on behalf of indigenous peoples' ways are misplaced here, brother and sister.  Please continue in the spirit of coming together and loving one another a-ho.

--- End quote ---

I didn't quote your other parts where you confused what ravenhair said with what I did.

The first two things I bolded claim he is traditional. But the other items I bolded, you seem to confirm he is in fact a Nuager and works with them. Like almost all Natives and pretty much this entire forum, I see it as a shame to see traditional ways corrupted, something to be overcome or traditional ways will become entirely lost. Obviously you disagree. But it is the business of everyone who cares about traditional ways.

I also asked you in a private IM to consider changing your online ID in here or people will likely confuse us. I know you use the name elsewhere, as does another with a similar name. I don't think any harm was intended, just want to avoid any confusion.

earthw7:
My question would be if this person is Oneida
why use a Kiowa word in their post?
Aho is Kiowa,
Is the poster an enrolled member?
Are they just posting for the enrolled member?
Selling ceremonie is wrong even if they are
enrolled if fact is it more shameful

educatednative:
boy everyone on here sure loves labels sheesh..."nuager" "white boy"...i guess labels do help you put down people much easier...yet people are tired with this Sarah Palin brand of politics..

oh and I guess no other Indian except the Kiowa have ever heard of the expression a-ho

critter - a white non-ndn person:
It's amusing how a supporter will come and try to be very adult about the
issue, and then when confronted with questions or facts, will then turn
to childish taunts intended to insult. But they don't insult, they only
show who we are dealing with..  and it doesn't change the facts..

The fact remains clear that this "Rocky" is not acting within traditions
if he is diluting the traditions with new age beliefs, and charging fees.

Which btw, EN helped to prove with his/her post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version