Author Topic: La Fae Medicine Woman  (Read 11774 times)

Offline outershell

La Fae Medicine Woman
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »
Coming to my town soon.... the Dove Goddess:

http://www.dovegoddess.com/index.html

"WELCOME TO THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE OF LA FAE MEDICINE WOMAN

I EMBRACE THE TRADITIONAL WAYS -NO SET FEE FOR PRIVATE IN PERSON HEALING SESSIONS (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE PHONE READINGS,E-MAIL READINGS AND MANIFESTATION MEDICINE)

Born  with the ability to see the future and descended from a long line of "Wise Women" and Healers-both from my Irish/Scottish and  1/4 th Cherokee background.(Paternal Grandfather)

A "Near Death Experience"  gave me enhanced psychic abilities, ability to read Akashic Records and the ability to Channel the Words of Spirit -whether it be your Guardian Angel, a deceased loved one,the Ascended Masters,etc..

Appointments for healing and readings available Mon to Fri. 11 am to 9 pm -

If you need a phone counselling session or distance healing call 1-888-693-8437 ext . 03878309 it is 2.00 per minute -most readings need not be lengthy.I am available on the Phone Mon to Fri 24 hours a day"

"Usui Reiki Master/Teacher,Munay Ki Ninth Rite ,Seichim Reiki Master,Trained in Jewish Shamanic Healing ,
 Certified Haumana Shaman,Celtic Shaman,Fairy Doctoring ( These are the Elemental Angels working under the direction of the Archangels

Spirit Initiated NA Medicine Woman"
those on the edge, can protect the center

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: La Fae Medicine Woman
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:16:38 am »
"Usui Reiki Master/Teacher,Munay Ki Ninth Rite ,Seichim Reiki Master,Trained in Jewish Shamanic Healing , Certified Haumana Shaman,Celtic Shaman,Fairy Doctoring ( These are the Elemental Angels working under the direction of the Archangels

Spirit Initiated NA Medicine Woman"

Yeah, right. Though "Jewish Shamanic Healing" is a new one.

And no, the Celts didn't use tarot cards, reiki, Judaism, "core shamanism" or archangels. Like with NDN cultures, the only people who use the term "shaman" are ignorant outsiders, those who are trying to make a buck, or both.

You will *occasionally* hear an anthropologist, historian or fiction writer who is otherwise knowledgeable make the mistake of using "shamanic" in an historical context, either in over-generalization, misunderstanding, or every now and then because they don't think outsiders will understand the accurate terms. There are only a few legitimate writers who make this mistake, and I cringe when I see it, because it's a reason to question everything else they've written.  But even with those very few exceptions, no one legitimate calls *themselves* a "shaman."

Oh, and by calling herself "La Fae"... well, from the other crap on her pages I'd say she thinks she's Morgan le Fay of Arthurian fiction. But by saying she's one of the fairy folk, she's in essence saying she's one of the Aos Sí... An ancestor, Deity, or member of a semi-divine race of beings. Humble, that.

And "Spirit Initiated" usually translates to, "I made this shit up."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:21:53 am by Kathryn »

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:47:44 am »
Curious, didn't the word 'shaman' come from Russia?  That's what I was told, actually, told this by the person who used the term in reference to their self.  But they knew the term was false, but as you say, 'general public' communications.  But I am curious as to why or how the word is attached.  

I didn't read that she was calling herself one of the 'fairy folk' but that she does 'fairy doctoring' which to me just screams BS anyway..  I mean, come on, what am I to do..  bring my ailing fairies to her for doctoring?  LOL   Should I bring it in a paper bag?  or a box?  What is the right way of transporting an ailing fairy to the doctor?   LOL   :D

edited:  oh.. never mind.. La Fae, I get it now..  yeh..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:53:14 am by critter »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
When ever I have to ship my fairies I use Fed Ex. Just toss some Cocoa Puffs in there and a People magazine and they'll be more than happy. ::)

Offline uktena

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:13:43 pm »
Curious, didn't the word 'shaman' come from Russia?  That's what I was told, actually, told this by the person who used the term in reference to their self.  But they knew the term was false, but as you say, 'general public' communications.  But I am curious as to why or how the word is attached.

It's isn't Russian, it's from the language and practice of some of the indigenous Siberian tribes.  There are at least as many of those as there are American Indian tribes, and I'm not altogether which one uses that word.  The Wikipedia article says it's "loan from the Turkic word šamán", which is about as useful as saying that the word "priest" comes from an Indo-European word.  

In any case, the word "shaman" originally described the spiritual practitioners of central-southern Siberia, and then was more broadly applied to anyone whose spiritual practice is based on what we in the West would call "astral projection" or ecstatic trance.  Later it came to be used as a polite substitute for what had up to then been called "witch doctors", "medicine men", and the like, regardless of tribe or actual practice.  It has been recently co-opted by the Newagers because apparently they don't know what else to call themselves; although "medicine person" seems to be a close second, I think "witch doctor" is a better fit.   ;)    I think among Newagers, the term began with Michael Harner and his white-bread version of South American "shamanism".  It may predate that, but that's where I first heard about it.  

The indigenous religion of Russia proper was a polytheistic paganism very similar to that of the Scandinavians.  There was very little of it written down, certainly nothing like the Eddas or the writings of the ancient Greeks, and it was very unorganized, so not a lot is known about it for certain.  To be sure, there are practictioners of "Slavic paganism" around today, but they are mostly Newage groups established since the fall of the Soviet Union, and from what I can tell, mostly the usual stuff, cobbled together from the work of various scholars, folk beliefs, and certain practices of the Russian Orthodox Church, all wrapped up in a big heavy coating of Theosophy. Strangely enough, I've never really heard of Siberian shamanism being part of this mix.   Outside of small Siberian villages, shamans seem to show up mostly in wealthy American communities.  ;D

To be sure, Russian folk practices have their own fairies, notably the female spirits who move from the trees to the rivers, one way in the spring and the other in the winter, though I'm not sure which way is which; the household spirits, who are something like brownies; the guardian of the banya; and the one who likes to trick people who travel in the woods, and disguises himself as a mushroom.  As far as I know, none of these fairy folk use reiki or Jewish shamanism  ???, and don't even get me started on Munay-ki! :D  

I'm not sure about about that "fairy doctoring" thing, either.  Fairy folk in all cultures are immensely fond of playing tricks on humans, by deluding their senses, and pretending to give them, say, a bagful of gold that, when the human gets it home, turns out to be nothing but rocks.  If she's getting her "doctoring" techniques from the fairy folk, well, that explains a lot of the woo-woo stuff she's involved in.   ;D  Or maybe critter is right, that she has a sideline of doctoring sick fairies, and I bet that's a hoot to watch!

I mean, come on, what am I to do..  bring my ailing fairies to her for doctoring?  LOL   Should I bring it in a paper bag?  or a box?  What is the right way of transporting an ailing fairy to the doctor?

Next topic for discussion:  how many fairies will fit in a paper bag?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:23:32 pm by uktena »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:18:58 pm »
I believe "shaman" is an Evenk or Tungus word. It meant what it meant until anthropologists, and then Harner, misapplied it to all sorts of spiritual practices that are actually diverse and specific. This lumping-together and misnaming specific beliefs and practices as "universal" laid the foundation for much of the misappropriation we see today.

Historically, there have been some traditional healers and spirit workers in the Gaelic and surrounding regions who have called themselves by the English term, "Fairy Doctor". However, looking at her page I have no doubt that what she is doing bears no resemblance to those traditions.

"Fairy" is an English word. It has been used to translate some of our Gaelic words for spirits - sometimes powerful, god-like spirits; sometimes less-powerful, local spirits; sometimes even misapplied to the ancestors or deities themselves. It's an imprecise word and, even though it has been used in some reputable contexts such as "The Fairy Faith",  I usually avoid it... not only for these reasons, not only because we have more accurate words in the native languages, but also for the ridiculous, twee sort of cherubs-with-wings, nauseating stuff on pages like hers.  She is totally disconnected from anything authentic, and even if she finds some authentic or semi-authentic things to call herself, that doesn't mean she knows what those words mean, let alone that she's earned the right to call herself such a thing.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »
Thank you for all that.  Very interesting.  Very appreciated.  Her website.. um.. that last picture on the bottom looks like an overweight mermaid with wings?  LOL  As for her, she isn't.  Had a few interesting experiences probably, but is not holder of any such "knowledge" as she purports to be.  I wouldn't bring my cat to her for healing, let alone my fairy!  :) (or my plant)  I don't see that she is consciously doing harm, she believes this stuff..  and thinks she is doing good.  That is the sad part of it.  

Vibrational healing!  Hah!  LOL  No.  Don't think so..  whatever all this stuff is she has listed, um.  No.  Sad, though.  She thinks this of herself.

Well, so who breaks the news to her?  :)  

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:52:13 pm by critter »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline uktena

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 08:23:53 pm »
"Fairy" is an English word. It has been used to translate some of our Gaelic words for spirits - sometimes powerful, god-like spirits; sometimes less-powerful, local spirits; sometimes even misapplied to the ancestors or deities themselves. It's an imprecise word and, even though it has been used in some reputable contexts such as "The Fairy Faith",  I usually avoid it... not only for these reasons, not only because we have more accurate words in the native languages, but also for the ridiculous, twee sort of cherubs-with-wings, nauseating stuff on pages like hers.

Thanks for the clarification.  I use the word "fairy" reluctantly, because I don't know another general term for the kinds of creatures I have in mind.  Here in America, I almost never use it in speech, because the word "fairy" is a humorous/offensive term for an effeminate gay male.  When people hear the word, they start snickering and making irrelevant comments, and whatever you're actually saying is forgotten.

Outside of that, it's understood in the "twee" sense, as you put it, given it by the literary fantasies of the Victorians, who were fond of images of teeny weeny itsy bitsy cutsey creatures with butterfly wings, which again is not usually what I mean.

Old-timers where I grew up would likely call them "spirits", and the preachers would insist they're all "demons" anyway, and most members in my family would probably call them "seein' things". ;D

Newagers used to use terms like "elemental", "deva", or even "angel" to describe them.  The whole business of "fairies" among Newagers seems fairly recent, and has the scent of Victorian cutesy-wootsiness about it more than any kind of tradition or even folklore.

I don't know what the general Russian term that covers domovoi, ruskala, leshki, bannik, and the rest might be, so I call them "fairies" as a quick-and-dirty collective term.  My Russian dictionary translates "fairy" as "feya" (plural "fei"), but that looks to me like a later borrowing from French, like our word "fey".

At any rate, such fairies, or devas, or seein-things, or fei, or whatever, are not always friendly to humans, and are not to be dealt with lightly, certainly not in the capricious way that the Dove Goddess Le Feh 

And it occurs to me that by "fairy doctoring", maybe she means only that, as part of her practice as a healer, she has an outreach to the gay community.  :D

And as for "Jewish Shamanism" (almost certainly means some corrupted version of Kabbalah practice), I don't know from shamans, but I've got this nice Jewish doctor who would take a nebbish like her, and give her the whole megillah about all that meshugas she's going on about.  :D

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 08:53:59 pm »
Outside of that, it's understood in the "twee" sense, as you put it, given it by the literary fantasies of the Victorians, who were fond of images of teeny weeny itsy bitsy cutsey creatures with butterfly wings, which again is not usually what I mean.

Yup, English Victorians deserve most of the blame for that.

Old-timers where I grew up would likely call them "spirits", and the preachers would insist they're all "demons" anyway, and most members in my family would probably call them "seein' things". ;D

Heh. Yeah.  Mostly "spirits" here. It covers a lot of ground. 

Newagers used to use terms like "elemental", "deva", or even "angel" to describe them. 

"Deva" is also cultural appropriation. In Sanskrit it means "God". (Feminine is "Devi" - "Goddess"). I am offended by nugaers who call everything from flower spirits to vague fantasies, "Devas". We have the Findhorn crowd to blame for that. Eventually, Findhorn's crops failed. Scottish friends think it's because they offended the Scottish spirits with all their nuage crud... that they imposed all their imported fantasies and stopped listening to the Indigenous spirits who were already there. I think those spirits helped them at first, but then they gave up on them and in at least some cases seem to have turned on the people. I met one of the founders of Findhorn, and found him creepy, arrogant, selfish and more than a bit racist.

The whole business of "fairies" among Newagers seems fairly recent, and has the scent of Victorian cutesy-wootsiness about it more than any kind of tradition or even folklore.

Nuagers are too restless and dissatisfied not to be prone to fashions and trends. Be an Indian! ... That didn't work?... UFOs! ... Not working out for you? ... Talk to Flower Fairies!!!! ...

And yes, much of the "fairy" lore is about spirits who aren't too fond of humans. They'd sooner drown you than dance about in glitter, hugging your strawberries. 

Dove Goddess Le Feh 

Ha! Feh!  :D

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:55:34 pm »
Also known as 'sprites'?  I've heard faery/fairy/fey and brownies, and imps and sprites, and I'm sure a few others that I've forgotten at moment.  Thing is, what I find about nuagers, is they hear something about something.. then act like what they heard or read in a book is 'knowledge' and suddenly they know all about it and are experts or somesuch of shamans in it.  Fairy doctoring..  it's just stupid.  I"m sorry, but I just think it's stupid.  Whatever little beings there are, they are not about to host up with some human and do some such healings.. why do humans always have to place themselves as at the center of everything?  Why would such beings even care to host up with some human and do all this?  It's absurd to me.  I think little beings would rather trip up some human posing as such and then laugh about it.  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:57:10 pm by critter »

Offline uktena

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 11:46:41 pm »
"Deva" is also cultural appropriation. In Sanskrit it means "God". (Feminine is "Devi" - "Goddess"). I am offended by nugaers who call everything from flower spirits to vague fantasies, "Devas". We have the Findhorn crowd to blame for that. Eventually, Findhorn's crops failed. Scottish friends think it's because they offended the Scottish spirits with all their nuage crud... that they imposed all their imported fantasies and stopped listening to the Indigenous spirits who were already there. I think those spirits helped them at first, but then they gave up on them and in at least some cases seem to have turned on the people. I met one of the founders of Findhorn, and found him creepy, arrogant, selfish and more than a bit racist.

Again, thanks for the information.  I did know that "Deva" is "god" in Sanskrit, but I didn't make the connection between them and the Findhorn "devas", which are considerably lower on the spiritual food chain, and I assumed it was two different words with similar forms.  Here again, we have the problem that was discussed a bit in another thread, of Newagers wanting the spirits to help them out without showing them due respect.  I once met Peter Caddy at a New Age festival in NYC, attending one of his lectures and speaking briefly to him afterwards.  I can't speak to the "racist" part, but "creepy, arrogant, and selfish" sums it up otherwise.  As for his lecture, it impressed me as mostly "wisdom of the Mystic Masters" stuff--in other words, related to AMORC and other faux-Rosicrucian groups with their roots in Theosophy.  Again, not putting two and two together--that Theosophy thing should have alerted to me that their "deva" was an inappropriate borrowing from Hinduism.

And thank you, critter, for supplying what is probably the right word:  sprite.  It has a slightly humorous connotation to it, but it's not a laugh-out-loud word like "fairy", and has no specific ideas attached to it, other than that it's the brand name of a soft drink.  ;D  I know the word is related to the word "spirit" anyway, and has a broad meaning that covers elves, fairies, gnomes, and the like, which is exactly the class of entities I had in mind. I'm reluctant to use the word "spirit" this way, only because in my religion, that word applies only to humans; non-human invisible beings are either "angels" or "demons" and what is in between is filled in from local folklore.  

Funny that the word "sprite" is part of my vocabulary, but buried so deeply under all kinds of other verbiage, I couldn't get my hands on it.  ::)  It's like how I feel when I know that ONE bit of information I need is right there in my book collection, but darned if I can remember where to find it.

Ha! Feh!

Kathryn, you just made my day!  I wasn't sure anyone would get that one.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:52:04 pm by uktena »

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 01:25:00 am »
As I understand it ( and I hope I am not passing along my own ignorance here):

"shamans" were Siberians who used the amanita muscaria hallucinogenic mushroom, and since they were the first documented hallucinogen users, the term was generally taken by anthropologists to refer to any spiritual guide who used hallucinogens. Hence you see references made to  south American "shamans".

Second, if a belief system is "theosophist", it is racist by definition, as followers believe in re-incarnation from advanced races that entitle them to certain privileges, more than the rest of us have. Example: Hitler was sponsored by the Thule Society, and that's why you heard all that "Aryan blood" nonsense from him, and several tens of millions of people died.

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 01:47:36 am »
I once met Peter Caddy at a New Age festival in NYC, attending one of his lectures and speaking briefly to him afterwards.  I can't speak to the "racist" part, but "creepy, arrogant, and selfish" sums it up otherwise.

Oh yeah - case in point.

As for his lecture, it impressed me as mostly "wisdom of the Mystic Masters" stuff--in other words, related to AMORC and other faux-Rosicrucian groups with their roots in Theosophy.  Again, not putting two and two together--that Theosophy thing should have alerted to me that their "deva" was an inappropriate borrowing from Hinduism.

"Theosophy" proper is actually only one of the religions derived from the insanity of Augustus and Alice LePlongeon, that one founded by their friend Helena Petrova Hahn ("Madame Blavatsky"). Harvey Spencer Lewis, the founder of AMORC knew the LePlongeons himself as well; his scam was that he was the first to sell "the wisdom of the ages" by mail order through ads in magazines. The real link to today's nuagers runs though Lillian V. Bense.

The current alliance with Hindu reincarnationists and India Indian nationalists is not accidental - it has deeper roots, and the ties today are commercial and luacrative as well.

I don't know too much about modern Mormonism, but you'll be surprised to find out how Wayne Mays "Ancient American" got involved in this ring. Why his elders indulge him in promoting another very different religion is beyond me.

PM me for a copy of "Amazing Stories", and prepare to be amazed at what went down and is going down today at every Barnes and Nobles and Borders in the nation.

And remember these my words: The last thing they steal is your history.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:59:40 am by E.P. Grondine »

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 03:28:08 am »
All very interesting.  I have always thought 'shaman' meant a person who worked from the physical and the spiritual 'world' in healing.  Just sort of a broad general term. 

I have to say, I rather admire all you who have studied much on these matters, and that you can.  I just get confused. 

I'm reluctant to use the word "spirit" this way, only because in my religion, that word applies only to humans; non-human invisible beings are either "angels" or "demons" and what is in between is filled in from local folklore. 

In my personal belief, a spirit is an aware being with out a physical body, but that can inhabit a physical body.  Fairies, elves, brownies, demons and the like are to me, names given as species of a being, like human is.  I tend not to use the word 'angel' because it's too wrapped up in religion for me and seems like a 'catchall'..  I usually say 'winged being'.  LOL  But all it is is words, and really, personal belief I guess.  I can laugh at my own peculiar ways and see it as absurd as doctoring fairies.   

BTW..  I have to be honest, I am a rather 'literal' type person, and when I read 'fairy doctoring' I seriously thought it meant 'doctoring fairies'..  which made me laugh.. now you can laugh ..  :)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:30:15 am by critter »