Author Topic: White Feather, Alleged Hopi Prophet  (Read 7478 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
White Feather, Alleged Hopi Prophet
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:54:54 pm »
Ingeborg asked me about this. Apparently claims about a supposed Hopi prophecy by him are all over the net, but even more so in German.

This is the supposed prophecy I found online, posted most prominently by, who else, frauds Manataka.

------------
http://www.manataka. org/page238.html
Bob Frissel, in his book, "Something In This Book is True…" (Frog Ltd.; Berkeley, California; 1997) relates a story told by Reverend David Young about an encounter in the 1950’s.  While driving through a desert in the Southwest, Reverend Young picked up a remarkable Hopi Elder and soon the two began a long conversation about spiritual matters.

"'I am White Feather, a Hopi of the ancient Bear Clan. In my long life I have traveled through this land, seeking out my brothers, and learning from them many things filled with wisdom. I have followed the sacred paths of my people, who inhabit the forests and many lakes in the east, the land of ice and long nights in the north, and the places of holy altars of stone built many years ago by my brothers' fathers in the south. From all these I have heard the stories of the past, and the prophecies of the future. Today, many of the prophecies have turned to stories, and few are left -- the past grows longer, and the future grows shorter.

"'And now White Feather is dying. His sons have all joined his ancestors, and soon he too shall be with them. But there is no one left, no one to recite and pass on the ancient wisdom. My people have tired of the old ways -- the great ceremonies that tell of our origins, of our emergence into the Fourth World, are almost all abandoned, forgotten, yet even this has been foretold.

The time grows short.

"'My people await Pahana, the lost White Brother [from the stars], as do all our brothers in the land. He will not be like the white men we know now, who are cruel and greedy. We were told of their coming long ago. But still we await Pahana.

"'He will bring with him the symbols, and the missing piece of that sacred tablet now kept by the elders, given to him when he left, that shall identify him as our True White Brother.

"'The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"'This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana -- men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder. [First sign of guns.]

"'This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies.

"'This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes --the coming of the white men's cattle.

"'This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron. [Railroad tracks]

"'This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be crisscrossed by a giant spider's web. [Electric power and telephone lines]

"'This is the Sixth Sign: The land shall be crisscrossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun. [Highways and their mirage-producing effects]

"'This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it. [Oil spills in the ocean]

"'This is the Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom. ["Hippie Movement" of the 1960s]

"'And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease. [The Ninth Sign was the U.S. Space Station Skylab, which fell to Earth in 1979. According to Australian eyewitnesses, it appeared to be burning blue.]

"'These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom [Israel?]. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. [Atomic Bomb] Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying. Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, shall be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people also shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon -- very soon afterward -- Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World.

"'But White Feather shall not see it. I am old and dying. Perhaps you will see it. In time, in time....'

"The old Indian fell silent. They had arrived at his destination, and Reverend David Young stopped to let him out of the car. They never met again. Reverend Young died in 1976, so he did not live to see the further fulfillment of this remarkable prophecy.

----------------

White Feather certainly doesn't sound a thing like any Hopi name I ever heard. Hopi last names are still in Hopi, with an Anglo first name. The most common thing I've run into about him is an apocryphal "dying Indian" story allegedly from a white Christian minister giving him a ride in the desert.

Some of those alleged prophecies show up in other claims under different names or stories. Some of them are obviously wrong.

Who ever heard of hippies joining an NDN tribe? Living in a commune and having long hair does not make someone into an enrolled member.

And only a Christian would think "those who first possessed the light of wisdom" must refer to Israel. Most tribal traditions are far older.

It frankly sounds like a hoax, or to have been twisted beyond recognition. Much of the other versions out there mix together language and phrases that are very recent, "realization" "access to" and so on, plus phrases usually one only sees in the Bible, "Behold!".

Seems to have been originally written by Bob Frisell, this character.

--------------
http://www.bobfrissell.com/about-bob.php
 BOB FRISSELL is a master rebirther and teacher of thirty years, whose books are regarded as underground spiritual classics....
Bob has been a featured speaker at The Global Congress of Spiritual Scientists in Bengalore India, the 4th Annual Symbiosis Gathering at Yosemite, The Prophets Conference in Tulum, and many New Living Expos. He has also appeared on numerous talk shows, including The Jeff Rense Program and has been a three time guest on Coast to Coast AM. He has presented his workshops throughout North America, Australia,and Europe.
Bob is a qualified and authorized facilitator of Flower of Life Research. He teaches the MerKaBa Meditation, sacred geometry, and Breath of Life Rebirthing along with other heart opening techniques. He was trained by Leonard Orr, the rebirthing pioneer, and by Drunvalo Melchizedek, the originator of the MerKaBa and Unity Breath meditations. He gives private rebirthing sessions along with his two workshops: “The Breath of Life (Rebirthing and Emotional Healing)” and “The Flower of Life (Sacred Geometry and the MerKaBa).”

---------------

Wrote it in this book, which some reviewers say he largely stole from fraud Drunvalo Melwhatever. Also quite a lot of other gibberish in the book.

-----------
http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-This-Book-Exactly-Things/dp/1883319013
Material is better stated in the original Flower of Life Boo, December 16, 2001
By  K. Glenn (Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)    
This review is from: Nothing in This Book Is True, but It's Exactly How Things Are: The Esoteric Meaning of the Monuments on Mars (Paperback)
Bob Frissell is merely repeating what's all ready been said in Drunvalo Melchizedek's fascinating Flower of Life books. Why even bother writing this one unless it is to capitalize on the original? The diagrams and examples in "Nothing in This Book is True, But it's Exactly How Things Are," are even taken from Melchizedek's. How disappointing this was to me....

Oh HECK no., December 1, 2009
By  Everheart "I was born in the wagon of a trave... (Sunnydale, CA) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Nothing in This Book Is True, but It's Exactly How Things Are: The Esoteric Meaning of the Monuments on Mars (Paperback)
Remember that time in 1972 when we were all nearly killed by solar flares, but the natives of Sirius -- with the full backing of the Galactic Council -- saved our lives with a geometric construct of lasers? Me neither.

Remember how the level of cooperation exhibited by the forces in the first Gulf War signalled a new level of human cooperation and evolution, and how as a species we've progressed dramatically in the intervening years? Me neither....

The book is full of twaddle like this. There's the Philadelphia Experiment, the monuments of Mars, Atlantis, ancient Egypt, Sirius-B, and any number of other tall tales familiar to observers of the subculture. There are also random attempts at math, geometry, physics, history, and astronomy, all of which seem to have been pulled from the head of a 7th grader with a drafting compass and no basic understanding of any of those fields. Rebirthing and meditation figure in there somewhere, too, somehow....

Re: White Feather, Alleged Hopi Prophet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:48:38 pm »
it just sounds to me like Christianity. And, how is it a prophecy when it is past?
(ohh.. because it "has" happened that makes it true!)  B.S.
Also, noticed how he tried to make it 'reasonable' that this Hopi would tell
him all this.. because his sons have died..
To me, it's the same Christian mind-set of armageddon and the 2nd coming..

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html