Author Topic: Keith Wilson - The Chocolate Shaman  (Read 20026 times)

Epiphany

Keith Wilson - The Chocolate Shaman
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »
I didn't even know that this was a "thing", but apparently it is, "sacred cacao ceremonies" are held all over the place. Like this guy in Sedona who said the chocolate gave him an "amazing download" http://www.sacredcircularities.com/sacred-cacao-ceremony.html  So Keith isn't the only one on the Cacao Spiritual Tourism Train.

Back to Keith, I wonder who he is, what is his history, why should anyone listen to what he says?

Hola, my name is Keith, and I live in the Mayan highlands of Guatemala, where over the years I became known as the Chocolate Shaman through a journey with the Cacao Spirit into the understanding and use of cacao/ chocolate for spiritual and shamanic purposes... with my teaching/ healing practice, with my personal inner work, and with others in their inner process and in cacao ceremony as a part of the ongoing planetary shift.  This is about sacred chocolate… about the Holy Bean.
When not traveling internationally doing ceremonies and sessions, I teach in Guatemala at one of this planet’s energy centers, San Marcos la Laguna, Lake Atitlan.  I conduct a school for healers, empaths, lightworkers, teachers, creators, and manifesters that does not primarily teach techniques in such subjects… techniques that you yourself designed to remember rather than learn.

http://ceremonialcacao.blogspot.com/

Using Chocolate for Spiritual Purposes http://ceremonialcacao.blogspot.com/2012/11/using-chocolate-for-spiritual-purposes.html
https://www.facebook.com/CacaoTribe

The Chocolate Shaman - Intro to Keith - Ceremonial Cacao  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4zD_xWTzYs

Almost a decade ago, Keith Wilson moved to the Mayan highlands of Guatemala, to what his growing Cacao Tribe like to refer to as 'Cacao Tribe HQ!' in San Marcos La Laguna, Lake Atitlan. Through a journey with the Cacao Spirit into the understanding and use of cacao/chocolate for spiritual and shamanic purposes, he became known as the Chocolate Shaman. He works with Cacao in his teaching/healing practice, with his personal inner work, and with others in their inner process and in cacao ceremony as a part of the ongoing planetary shift.

Keith claims he has secret knowledge:

As I mentioned earlier, Keith knows of a few indigenous villages (remote, hidden, don’t want publicity) who still treat cacao as a sacred journeying tool for their special purposes.
https://ignitechannel.com/articles/consciousness/chocolate-as-a-spiritual-partner-interview-with-cacao-ceremony-shaman-and-participant/

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Keith Wilson - The Chocolate Shaman
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
why are these guys alway white guys
In Spirit

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:16:58 pm »

People trust white people on spiritualism. LOL.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:16:02 pm »
earthw7........there is now a large increasing number of black twinkies now.......maybe we can call them chocodiles

but expect to hear alot more from them soon as they claim that africans came here and built the mounds, the pyramids, the pueblos, created the plains tribes and booked back to africa or lived here in secret until now

poccassets, washitas, yamasees, euchees...............we gonna be dealing with alot more blacks and they are alt more agressive when you argue with them.........if you were hoping that the usual run of the mill exploiters werent white than be careful what you wish for.....the tide is a changin

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »
i don't care what color they are they have no right to steal another peoples culture
In Spirit

Offline Pono Aloha

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 03:43:45 am »
The one post I read doesn't indicate stealing ceremonies. He says you will read in "most any guidebook that Cacao was one of the most powerful deities in ancient Mayan cosmology" but then goes on to say that no one told him anything. Refreshingly he did not have any "teacher." It all came to him from the spirit of cacao (i.e. voices in his head). I'm way more concerned that apparently he is not a trained therapist dealing with people who seem to need one!

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 06:58:09 pm »
The one post I read doesn't indicate stealing ceremonies. He says you will read in "most any guidebook that Cacao was one of the most powerful deities in ancient Mayan cosmology" but then goes on to say that no one told him anything. Refreshingly he did not have any "teacher." It all came to him from the spirit of cacao (i.e. voices in his head). I'm way more concerned that apparently he is not a trained therapist dealing with people who seem to need one!

I wonder about that therapy bit too, looks like some people drawn to him need actual legit mental health help, and interacting with him isn't doing them any favors.

This woman's experience with him is interesting:

He told us about how he travelled into the mountains around the lake and met an indigenous tribe who, when they met him, said that they had been waiting for him for 400 years.

The bit that got me was when a ‘healer’ beside where I was sitting said she felt a strange energy coming from my corner of the porch (there was about 5 or 6 other girls sitting in the corner), and how we were ‘powerful’. And then Keith again picked someone out, this time the girl right in the back behind us, and asked her how she was doing. I turned at this point to look at her and she looked absolutely fine, almost embarrassed to  have been asked. Then Keith started telling her how she was an ‘empath’ (people who are sensitive to other people’s emotions and who take on other’s negativity or emotions as their own). He said that we (the other four or five girls around her in this ‘powerful’ corner), were channeling all of our negative energy through her and that was why she ‘was feeling that way’. Suddenly she started crying! I mean, a minute ago she was grand! Hmmm. I was pretty annoyed that he said I was channeling my negative energy through her, as I hadn’t been feeling much negativity at all and so to say that I was channeling it through the girl behind me who I didn’t even see until five seconds ago is a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, maybe I’m missing something but the whole experience was just uncomfortable (squished crosslegged on the floor between crying and burping people) and kind of hilarious.

http://wingsarewide.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/the-chocolate-shaman-of-san-marcos/

Offline Babeloner

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 04:24:44 am »
Re-upping this post, as this stuff is exploding in my area and Keith is now teaching people.

https://www.cacaoconnection.info/about-us
Tanner and Kristin met in 2012 (thanks to Tanner's magical mama, Cori Ellingson) and they have been an adventurous and dynamic duo ever since.
?
They both led "normal" lives into their late 20's and when they met, they knew it was time to try a different approach to life.

So together, now in their mid-30's, they have dedicated their lives to promoting health and wellness in body, mind and spirit...while having a LOT OF FUN!
?
This duo has been traveling to and fro for 6 years, and when they aren't travelling they call the Gulf Islands of BC, Canada home.

They have circumnavigated the USA several times, and in 2015 they drove from Vancouver Island through Mexico and into the volcanic highlands of Guatemala. After spending two months studying and learning with Keith, the "Chocolate Shaman" and diving into a deep exploration with cacao, they felt called to share this wonderful plant medicine with the world.  The trunk of their VW Jetta returned to Canada full of pure chocolate magic! Now, in 2018, they have collectively shared sacred cacao medicine with many hundreds of people, in nearly 100 ceremonies!
?
Passion for supporting humanity toward awakening and greater self-awareness has brought these two the gift of facilitating cacao ceremonies, as well as teaching yoga and meditation and offering conscious lifestyle support workshops. They are both certified Usui Reiki Masters and are students of shamanism, drawing wisdom from many cultures and traditions. Mantras, music, nature's medicine, mysticism, yogic philosophy, veggies and fruits produced through permaculture, beaches, forests, campfires and foraging. These are a few of their favourite things.
?
They both completed their 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training Certification at the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, PA in July 2017. An opportunity to host yoga and wellness retreats in Mexico in the Spring of 2018 allowed them to be able to share Sacred Cacao Medicine with all of their guests. Three of the retreats, called Spirit of Cacao, were focused on cacao ceremony which allowed the guests to experience three different ceremonies throughout the week. More retreats are in the works...
?
Tanner and Kristin are official members of the Keith's Cacao Practitioners global team, on a mission to return the sharing of ceremonial grade cacao to the world.

https://www.cacaoconnection.info/events $50?!?!?!!
Our Promise to You
If after attending our ceremony, you don't feel that this sacred gathering was a beautiful benefit to your heart opening and soul nourishment, we will happily refund your guest fee. Simply ask us.
Public & Private Events
Available by Request
Our ceremonies last approx. 4 hours (+set up and clean up)
?
Please note: We prefer to book our events with approx. 1 month of lead time. Please contact us to inquire about booking your ceremony and we will happily discuss some options with you so that we can best meet your needs. We invite new and creative ideas too!
?
Public Cacao Ceremony:
$50 per guest (2 guests booking together $90)
@ a Yoga Studio or similar large venue
?
?
Private Cacao Sessions:

Soul Hug in a Mug -1 guest- up to 3 hours  $199
a private cacao ceremony & inspiration session
*Optional 1 hour follow up video calls  $55 each
?
Couples Connection Ceremonies
(please allow approx. 5 hrs.)  $299
*Optional 1 hour follow up video calls  $55 each
?
?
Our Additional Offerings:
Both Tanner and Kristin are certified
Yoga Insctructors & Usui Reiki Masters
?
Hearts & Hands Nurturing
Reiki + Sound Bath
w/ Kristin and Tanner
2 hour session:
1st hour-Consultation w. Cacao
2nd hour-Reiki + Sound
$99 (purchase 3 sessions for $275)
?
Private Yoga + Meditation
Lessons + Breath Training
in the comfort of your own home
(we LOVE beginners!)
2 hours - $99
?
Note:  Event pricing may be flexible in certain circumstances and event pricing may vary in the event of significant extra travel costs.

Offline Babeloner

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 04:34:37 am »
Here's another pair taught by Keith: http://www.kakawsana.com/about-us

KEITH & BARBARA WILSON, HOLDERS OF THE CHANNELED CACAO CEREMONY FOR WESTERNERS.

Gustavo Ik-  Hijo de Padres y Abuelos Mexicanos, nacido en Tepic, Nayarit, México.

An active and committed practitioner and teacher of The Law of Time Teachings and the Synchronic order. During the last 11 years he has been studying with native elders from North, Central and South America and practicing Yoga and Meditation. Gustavo communicates the Galactic and the Ancestral/Native to those willing to listen. Through his flute he speaks the sound of the wind and his voice shares stories about his path and personal healing. His eloquent, natural and unique way of being inspires and nurtures every heart. 

Offline sentinel

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 11:21:15 pm »
Last weekend, on May 8th, 2021,  I participated in an on-line Zoom call, a " Virtual Cacao Ceremony" with Keith Wilson who is known as "Chocolate Shaman".
It was a most horrible experience for me.
Keith came on the call and started ranting about the "rigged election and how the mainstream media will subdue the results from  re-count of votes in Arizona" before he, for a full hour, went into a rant about the Covid vaccine as "mass-destruction bio-weapon" (all in quotation marks were the words he used).

He lectured his audience on how he had found "evidence from medical doctors" showing that the vaccine leads to "shedding of spike proteins"; and how getting a Covid vaccination could result in "cases of miscarriages because a pregnant woman had visitied her parents who had reecuved the shots (i.e. vaccinated against Covid-19) a few days earlier".  He repeated this statement, in variations, several tiimes.
Then he proceeded to lead his audience in a meditation to "send light to all those babies who are in danger of being aborted by this bio-weapon" (i.e. the vaccine).

It got more and more absurd. Keith started posting links to websites that perpetuated conspircary theories and threatened that "if you cannot believe what i say there is a a "Leave " button right down there".
Which, eventually, was what i did -I left this travesty of a healing ceremony.

I am deeply shocked that this man, who has worked up such a good reputation as healer has apparently become  an anti-vax cult leader whose main objective is spreading msiinformation, fear-mongering and conspiracy theories.
I am also very sad because I had hoped to learn something about Cacao and how to work with it as a tool for emotional release and self-discovery.
I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 02:04:45 am »
Last weekend, on May 8th, 2021,  I participated in an on-line Zoom call, a " Virtual Cacao Ceremony" with Keith Wilson who is known as "Chocolate Shaman".
It was a most horrible experience for me.
Keith came on the call and started ranting about the "rigged election and how the mainstream media will subdue the results from  re-count of votes in Arizona" before he, for a full hour, went into a rant about the Covid vaccine as "mass-destruction bio-weapon" (all in quotation marks were the words he used).

He lectured his audience on how he had found "evidence from medical doctors" showing that the vaccine leads to "shedding of spike proteins"; and how getting a Covid vaccination could result in "cases of miscarriages because a pregnant woman had visitied her parents who had reecuved the shots (i.e. vaccinated against Covid-19) a few days earlier".  He repeated this statement, in variations, several tiimes.
Then he proceeded to lead his audience in a meditation to "send light to all those babies who are in danger of being aborted by this bio-weapon" (i.e. the vaccine).

It got more and more absurd. Keith started posting links to websites that perpetuated conspircary theories and threatened that "if you cannot believe what i say there is a a "Leave " button right down there".
Which, eventually, was what i did -I left this travesty of a healing ceremony.

I am deeply shocked that this man, who has worked up such a good reputation as healer has apparently become  an anti-vax cult leader whose main objective is spreading msiinformation, fear-mongering and conspiracy theories.
I am also very sad because I had hoped to learn something about Cacao and how to work with it as a tool for emotional release and self-discovery.
I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

ummmm.....i hate to be the one to tell you.....but.....

Offline Sparks

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 02:48:45 am »
In another thread there is a very recent comment almost entirely about Keith Wilson:

[…] "Keith's Ceremonial Cacao" (https://www.keithscacao.com/). That one is more blatantly exploitative. Their "practitioners' page" (https://www.keithscacao.com/pages/join-our-practitioner-program) guides you toward taking their "training course" and then buying their "ceremonial grade cacao" (a minimum of 10 1-pound bricks).

Their founder, the "chocolate shaman", who passed away a month ago (https://www.keithscacao.com/pages/meet-the-chocolate-shaman), "traveled to Guatemala in 2003 and met the Cacao Spirit. She led him to rediscover the ancient Central and South American societies’ use of pure, Ceremonial Grade Cacao to open the heart, clear the mind, and empower those working toward creative goals."

The About page (https://www.keithscacao.com/pages/about-keiths-cacao) goes on about how "Kaqchikel Mayan women from 20+ local families earn an independent income, while working at home, at their own pace, preparing our cacao beans. There are few employment opportunities for women in our community. As we grow, we will create jobs for many more local, indigenous women, providing them with good pay and flexible hours. We are proud to help our community grow in this way." Doing well ($50/lb. cacao paste) by doing good, and getting to brand the cacao as authentically Mayan, too. A search shows various other outfits selling "ceremonial grade" cacao.