General > Frauds

Steve McCullough aka Iktomi Sha & Salt Creek Sundance

<< < (4/47) > >>

Cetan:
Actually Elmer Running was involved in the Sundance in IN the first few years but hasnt been involved with it since about 1993. Steve McCullough is not native and not an enrolled member anywhere. 

alpine cat:
Hi folks,

I read the threat on Steve ... He never said that he is a Native, if you ask him personally he will tell you that he is white.
You are talking on ancestry ....
If you take part on a ceremony of Steve you will see, that he is accepted by the spirits .. so what?
Someone know one who have heart something from a person who know anyone ... that's theory
It seems that this forum is more interested in talking then in understanding. the spirits takes her own chice - and this choice is undepending from race, color of skin or anything else.
You know that Wine Delora said to a white, that without the whites and their interest on native american ceremonies natives will forget its own roots?

Superdog:

--- Quote from: alpine cat on July 09, 2008, 09:44:50 am ---Hi folks,

I read the threat on Steve ... He never said that he is a Native, if you ask him personally he will tell you that he is white.
You are talking on ancestry ....
If you take part on a ceremony of Steve you will see, that he is accepted by the spirits .. so what?
Someone know one who have heart something from a person who know anyone ... that's theory
It seems that this forum is more interested in talking then in understanding. the spirits takes her own chice - and this choice is undepending from race, color of skin or anything else.
You know that Wine Delora said to a white, that without the whites and their interest on native american ceremonies natives will forget its own roots?

--- End quote ---

Wow is this post ever misled.  Sorry Alpine.  You make a terrible case for him here.  If he's not claiming he's native to you, he's claiming it to others either directly or indirectly.  How do you explain away the news articles and web pages presented that say he's Lakota???

If he's telling  you he's white....why in the world is he running a Lakota ceremony and calling it Lakota....it's wrong either way you dice it.  These ways aren't meant to be abused in this way and the participants put themselves at great risk.  Unfortunately it has a way of coming back on them and I'm assuming that includes you as well.  Protect yourself by stepping away from it.

As for you last quote about Vine (not Wine) Deloria.....sounds more like a desperate attempt to legitimize the attempts at cultural misappropriation here.  Not to mention it WREAKS of the "great white savior" attitude and is inherently ignorant of the other things Vine Deloria has said on this topic.  It's the exact type of attitude that angers people here and in any Native community.  It's like your saying "If we didn't do EVERYTHING for you who would do it...."  But what about all the people throughout history who've DIED or been persecuted trying to keep these ways alive.  Those weren't white people and this terrible misappropriation slaps their efforts in the face.

Not interested in taking part in the ceremony of a "self proclaimed" ceremony leader.  He does not have the backing of any Lakota communities and therefore that makes any delusion that anything he's doing is somehow Lakota complete fallacy.  The ceremonies you participate in are his own interpretation of these ways.....nothing authentic.  I might as well open a church based on Jedi Knights and call it Christian.  It amounts to the same thing. 

alpine cat:
I'm sorry for writing wrong Vine's Name ...
Well you see ... basicly spirituallity is not for sale and no one who is straight will do this.
Superdog, what I see again is, that here is no discussion possible because this is a tribunal.
Why are Lakota people from Pine Ridge are going to Steves sundance? Why?
Obviously ... he is a man who act in respect to the spirits and not for its reputation or power.

People are making people, are the webpages made by Steve?
I.e. tahcha_sapa wrote, that norman running was involved in a scandal... Was his father Elmer as well involved or is this a related discussion? Please put out the emotions and read there is nothing behind this words than the words itself.
By the way ... I respect each of you here ... but the kind you wrote, there is no respect to people ... is that mitakuye oyasin?

frederica:
Sorry Alpine Cat McCullough's Salt Creek Sundance in in Indiana. He is not Lakota. Some of the people addressing him here are. He is not Shawnee either. He shouldn't be doing SunDances. That is what the "Protection of Ceremonies" declared in 2003 stated by Arvol Looking Horse was about.  http://www.geocities.com/wahohwahpe/ban1.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version