General > Frauds

Steve McCullough aka Iktomi Sha & Salt Creek Sundance

<< < (3/47) > >>

Cetan:
I remember before Steve McCullough decided he was indian, his father was a preacher on Rosebud so he spent some of his youth there. He was not trained by Vernal Cross as he claims, I am a good friend of the cross family and shortly after Vern's funeral his widow Darlene and her sister Emma were invited to the McCulloughs for ceremonies - Emma caught McCulloghs kids making "spirit rattles" that he claimed come in during his ceremonies and the supposed spirit lights moved im perfect circles of same intenity like laser flaslights do. Darlene was treated with disrespect and one of Vern's brothers found black tobacco ties intended to do harm all around where Darlene had to camp, she was not even given the respect of a bed in their house. Then while McCullough and his supporters promised to pay for a gravestone for Vern they reneged - I know this for a fact because I arranged for someone I know to donate one and my relatives brought it out to SD and I drove Verns son & nephew over to Rosebud to pick it up

Charlie Two Shirts:

--- Quote from: sapa on July 11, 2007, 09:59:34 pm ---I believe you will find Nathan Chasing Horse signs for the permit, at least he did a year a two ago.
It used to be on the net under the state parks page, seemed they required a card carrying indian...
might have a copy somewhere will look and let you know
sapa

--- End quote ---

Did you ever find this? What's going on with this guy now? Is he still alive and well?  Is that sundance still going on?

tahcha_sapa:
Steve is NOT a native. He used to fondly proclaim that he was the "only white guy" jailed from the Wounded Knee II situation. His wife, Gwen, or his kids may level with you about Steve's true non-native heritage. Or they may love him too much and not wish to destroy this myth about himself that he has, for his own reasons, decided to create. He has claimed to be Shawnee but he's been unable to prove this. His most recent claims to be part Lakota are appalling. He knows it isn't true. His family knows that this isn't true. Ask his family. He's caught up in something else. Maybe he's been seduced by some kind of intense self-aggrandizing grandiose need for attention. Maybe he believes that he can heal the world by becoming part of the disease that he claims he can or wants or needs to cure.
He was a nice guy. He's become something else. What he has become is delusional.

Charlie Two Shirts:
Wopila.

I have been doing some looking around and found this earl this morning. It doesn't have his picture but it says he is "Rosebud Sioux".

http://www.mantlerock.org/aboutus.htm

tahcha_sapa:
Steve McCullough has associated with enrolled members of the Rosebud Sioux tribe. Most notably, he associated with Norbert Running, an 85-87 year old medicineman. Norbert is the father of Norman Running. Norman Running was the subject of a scandalous series of claims by a Florida resident that surfaced several years ago. The victim had been taken for over $30,000, I believe, although there may be a thread on this matter somewhere on the net.
Steve McCullough may believe that he may be able to retreat to some kind of claim to being an enrolled member of the Rosebud Sioux tribe but, unfortunately for him, their enrollment system is guarded very well. Any claim to being "adopted" by a member of any tribe doesn't mean a thing. He's still not a member of any federally recognized tribe and if he possesses any parts of any endangered species of birds protected by the U.S federal wildlife system, he is in violation of the law. Enrolled members of federally recognized tribes have gone to prison for unauthorized use of these same parts. The law will come down harder, it seems, upon others clearly unauthorized to possess them for any purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version