Author Topic: Gidday  (Read 2866 times)

Offline frogmatt3

Gidday
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »
My name is Matt Elliott. I'm from Australia. 42yo.

Here the new agers are moving plenty of alleged authentic Original American gear - from feathers (most Australian species, but I've seen a couple of items that looked foreign, possibly bought from a pretendian.) It's always made me sick to see, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon your forum. Hopefully I can glean a few things to help from here. In Aus, if some white fella were to try to say he was a "shaman" in a black fella way, he / she probably wouldn't last long. Traditional Ceremony is taken so seriously here - I get why your mobs are so concerned. And Bravo - I'm so impressed with the way your handling the whole thing - your way more patient than me, and I'm considered patient in my country.  Superb. Thank you.

I've only spent a few hours perusing the posts so I've got some learnin to do. In particular I'll be looking for material I can hand to the new age shops where I am - though I betcha they make too much money and they will refuse to pull the (ir)relevant items. We'll see.

Also - cheers for all the awesome vids on utube - You really couldn't make your point in clearer terms. Bloody we'll done.