Author Topic: So glad I found you  (Read 2884 times)

patronsaintofcats

So glad I found you
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:02:47 pm »
Hello all - I am an American living in Scotland and found your site when looking for information on sweat lodges in the UK and Europe.  I have always been very leery of what you are tracking - frauds and fakes.  I know people who are the real deal and also have encountered many frauds.  I've yet to find anyone here that I would go into a lodge with.

Before moving here five years ago, I sweat for several years with a Celtic group near Portland, Oregon and still maintain close ties with them.  I've been on the hill (Mt. Hood) twice.  The woman who pours that lodge has done so for the past decade now.  The Oregon group are very aware that it is not their land and they honor those that allow them to 'use' it for ceremony. Members of my circle were mentored by native water pourers (I can provide names but prefer not to just throw them out there without getting permission first.)  I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really appreciate what you are doing with this forum and support it 110%.  No one should ever, EVER, charge another person for access to prayer.

For myself, while I am primarily of Celtic stock (Welsh, Irish, German and Breton), I do have a drop of Cherokee blood as well.  Since before I could remember I have always felt very close ties to tribal culture.

I look forward to learning more from this group.