Author Topic: David Hobgood AKA David Spellsinger AKA Sifu David  (Read 63286 times)

Offline kwa-kwen

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: David Spellsinger
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 01:48:33 pm »
To all Mr Spellsingers followers and to Mr. Spellsinger himself.

As I stated in the beginning I did meet you many years ago by chance. Until that time I had never been to a new age store, or physic faire. I had never even heard the word new age until then.
You may pretend that you do not remember that day, I believe you do.

I have read your post and in your own words you speak of sitting "in circle with some honorable men, and you were humbled to be in their presence", please correct me if this is not what you have said.
I would like to address one of these honorable men that you sat with. His name was Jim Gillahan. Now I will give you a history on Mr. Gillahan of who he was.

Jim Gillihan was a white man that was dying of cancer, he was in a hospital and he asked if a medicine man could be sent for to preform a healing. Mr. Gillahan at that time was dying and there was nothing more the doctors were able to do for him.   I will not name the medicine man however I will say he is a relation.
There was a healing ceremony preformed, and yes Mr. Gillahan went into remission. However the path Mr. Gillahan took after that was exploiting our people.
He began to give lectures about his near death experience and went into details of what went on during the healing ceremony . He charged people to come and hear his story. The man traveled all over the states making money off of a sacred ceremony that saved his life.
As time went on, this relation was at my home and word got out about what Mr. Gillahan was doing. This relation called him from my phone and told him to never use his name in his lectures. He was very angry Mr. Gillahan was making monies from what he had done for him.

Some time had passed and then Mr. Gillahan "had a vision"  to begin a sun dance in southern Ind. He called his group the spotted bead clan.
I had received a call from a shirt tail cousin that told me she was part of Mr. Gillahan's group. I myself drove down there to confront him, however he was not at his sun dance at that time.. What I did see was a man boiling water and putting something in it, I asked him what it was. He told me it was medicine for their sweat lodge, I asked him what kind of medicine it was. He replied it was cocoa leaves.  I know that is the plant that cocaine is made from. I told the man he wasn't suppose to put anything in the water. However that fell on deaf ears.

I did finally have a very brief conversation on the phone with Mr. Gillahan and as soon as I mentioned who my relation was he cut our conversation off.

Another note here:
Mr Gillihan in his lecture travels, carried a pipe that he stated had once belonged to Sitting Bull. Now I ask you do you really think the Lakota Nation would allow a white man to have the pipe that belonged to one of their greatest leaders? I don't think so.

I witnessed many things there that not only was not tradtional but also illegal . It took myself and my grandfather to get through to this relation that what she was involved in was wrong. But before that happened her youngest daughter was sexual abused by one of Mr. Gillahan's head sun dancers.
So with that I ask you. You were humbled to sit with a man that not only exploited our people, but allowed sexual abuse to go on in his group and the use of an illegal drug?
That tells me you are no better than he is.

This is not about a man that had faults, this was a man that was an exploiter and was nothing more than a scam artist.
What I have said here is not heresay, but the truth and can prove it.
Exploiters and frauds seem to always travel in the same circle, Mr Spellsinger.  And what you say and what you do, don't go together at all.

As I stated in my former post, if you would like to have an open discussion in public on what you believe is cherokee tradtions. I would be more than willing to discuss it. Not in this room or through emails. I can come to you or vise versa, we can arrange to have a open forum for all to come and listen, however no admission costs, free to the public. I can and will prove what you lead people to believe is cherokee tradtions, is not. Get back with me on this an let me know.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 05:57:59 pm »
An update sent to me by one of this guy's EX-followers:

MONTHLY CHEROKEE SPIRIT STONES CLASS- Sunday Nov. 11th---This class has been so popular that David Spellsinger will now encompass not only the Cherokee Spirit Stones but broaden the class into Native American Shamanism

Boy, he is really coming up with stuff for the gullible.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 07:41:33 pm »
I have to report that No one has Sitting Bull's pipe!
We know where it is.

What is a supposed Native (cherokee) doing at
a pagan fair??

We are taught that those who follow
this belief of pagan do not relate in anyway
to native people. they need to stay away from
our Native beliefs. The mixing of belief has been
taught to us as wrong. it cause people to lose
their mind as you can see.

Why do these people have to be Pipe carries?
We are now asking all white people to return the
pipes back the tribal nations.
Cherokee did not have that traditions.

Then on top of it another it is a ex-girlfriend faults.

How many of these fakes use the ex-girlfriend
buff to defend themsleves.
We have no ideal who this so called woman is
but she sounds like she is in good company
with all of these people.

My belief is to put a stop to these people
who damage Native beliefs.

They should be ashamed of what they do
as you can see they don't help[
Native people only the ones who
have money or lost white women.

This site has been used by our REAL spiritual
leaders to find out what is happening out in the
world.

Oh I have friends at Eastern Band Cherokee
will they acknowledge this guy???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:48:38 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 10:43:44 pm »
From whatv I understand, this guy is also wiccan. He has been charging and pulling this BS for awhile. I doubt your Eastern Band friends will know him. But you can ask.

frederica

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 06:09:02 pm »
Makes you wonder if not already delusional. http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_cl.html?a=usin&id=5679              Talk about mix and match. I notice the site does not recommend or validate anyone. If I was ECBI I wouldn't claim him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:10:34 pm by frederica »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:22 pm »
Received this account. What's in it is so far unverified.

---------------------

Hi,

I thought you might like to know some real facts about David Spellsinger as I know them.

I have no stake in this, I make no claim to native American ancestry and do not engage in any of their traditions.  I simply happened across your web-site when doing some research, and was surprised to see the controversy regarding David.

I went to elementary and high school with David in Evansville , IN in the 60’s and 70’s.

His name is David Leo Hobgood.  He went to Cedar Hall Elementary and Central High School in Evansville .

His mother was of Cherokee ancestry.  He never described his father as being Irish, rather he said his farther was of mostly French ancestry.  David used to speak proudly of his French heritage when talking with me.   

David was raised by his mother in the Jehovah’s Witnesses.  I remember him telling me that there were no ministers per se in this sect, and that the responsibility for ‘giving talks’ at their meetings rotated among the members, and that he himself had done this.  Once we were in high school he seemed to grow away from this faith, but he never mentioned any other spiritual leanings.

David lived in Evansville until the mid-80’s, owning and operating a Kung Fu school at a number of locations.

I don’t want to get involved in the on-line debate and would prefer to remain anonymous in this matter.  Feel free to do what you can with this information. 

Thank you

Offline Ikooko Okurin

• One Wolf
Who is this...David Spellsinger?
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 06:49:21 pm »
So a good friend of mine makes her living selling herbs, herbal mixtures and natural soaps all made by herself. She's a certified botanist/herbologist etc. She works really hard on her stuff. Anyway to be more relevant-- she was selling at a "New age pagan psychic fair" this passed Sunday. She says the whole scene irritates the hell out of her, but they buy her stuff like crack lol.

I went there to keep her company and while I was there I saw this David "Spellsinger" person-- an incredibly fat, old, obviously white man with a homely looking grey ponytail. I over hear people saying he's part Cherokee and giving "Cherokee Spirit Stone" readings, as well as being a master of Tai Chi and other Kung Fu. Now, I happen to be a kung fu martial artist...no "master" would ever let their bodies reach such a condition. Kung Fu is a life long hard work practice, you never stop training.

Needless to say this talk of "Cherokee Spirit Stones" raised my brow, it sounds incredibly fluffy and fake, but I don't presume to know that much about Cherokee divination practices, if there are any. I continued to listen and heard a woman talking about how she almost cried during her reading because Daivd went on about how she was really a powerful healer and needed to release her power. The woman was so tiny, thin, and sickly looking...It was sad and couldn't help but feel he'd just given this woman false hope.

Who is David Spellsinger(doubt that's his real name)? Is he a fraud? I only just discovered him this passed Sunday.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2015, 07:55:26 pm »
Seeker's Eye, we have this thread on him in Frauds. I've added your post here.

Again, the search function usually only works if you're on the index page of the forum, here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php

Offline Ikooko Okurin

• One Wolf
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 08:01:16 pm »
Seeker's Eye, we have this thread on him in Frauds. I've added your post here.

Again, the search function usually only works if you're on the index page of the forum, here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php

Ah thank you ^^. I searched typing "David Spellsinger" in the box but was only getting the "Sundance at Nashville,Indiana" thread where his name is only briefly mentioned. This thread wasn't showing in the results for some reason.

Epiphany

Re: David Hobgood AKA David Spellsinger AKA Sifu David
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:16 pm »

Offline Sparks

Re: David Hobgood AKA David Spellsinger AKA Sifu David
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 04:57:17 am »
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/david.spellsinger [David L. Hobgood]

Numerous references to him at this Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/snowflakehealing/ [Often "Moon Rituals"]

Check: https://www.facebook.com/page/236535753178248/search/?q=spellsinger

Example: https://www.facebook.com/snowflakehealing/posts/1626239027541240 [My boldings]:
Snowflake Healing — July 27, 2020  ·
David Spellsinger is a spiritual teacher, Shaman, Seer, Reader, Master of Qi Gong and Tai Chi, Founder of Daoshadru.

David is the grandson of Cherokee Medicine Man Frank Fishing Bear and Irish Cherokee Medicine Woman Maggie Running Fox.

In his psychic readings David uses the Runes of the Elder Futhark, Cherokee Spirit Stones that were passed down from his grandmother and Tarot Cards that David himself hand illustrated in 1975.

A reading with David is healing and nurturing. Let David guide you on your path and open possibilities you never even thought of.

I could have added much about the New Age Divination con artists and their use of Runes. Maybe another day.