Author Topic: HelpTheIndians.com  (Read 33573 times)

Leonard

Re: HelpTheIndians.com
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
First of all, I wish to thank you for allowing us to be moved to the 'Research Needed' category.

Olav ('redheart') is the newest member welcomed into the 'ONE Spirit' organization and your concern is a valid one.

There is a lot of fraud and exploitation and I have seen a lot of it on Pine Ridge Reservation.

Since I do not speak for the director of 'ONE Spirit', please allow me to relate your generous offer of hearing about our organization to her and she should be able to respond to your questions shortly.

Sincerely,

Leonard Melton.

birger

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 01:17:36 pm »
Hi again, thanks for moving this topic to the research section, where it should be put in the first place. Thanks also to Leonard for his well formulated posts.

I'd like to know what exactly are the 'spiritual duties' Olav claims to undertake to raise money, and what the people at nativeprogress.org and on the res know about that. Also I'd like to know exactly who are the people he brings to Norway to conduct ceremonies? As I'm sure you're aware there are many Indians and pseudo-Indians who work the European circuit to make a buck. Since Olav appears to believe that Robert Ghostwolf was genuine, his judgment in these matters is questionable.

This topic was started to question if helptheindians.com is a FRAUD or not. The main purpose of helptheindians.com is to collect money for native americans in need, and this topic should focus on the matter, do this organization send the collected money to the native americans or not. 

The organizing of workshop/ceremonies are offered as a service. I have problems understanding why Olav should bother explaining his "spiritual duties"to anybody, since he do not advertise these on helptheindians.com. Olav do not claim to be native. He just wants to help!! Olav's personal beliefs and sexual orientation should be a private matter.  In my opinion, making fun of Olav is not giving this forum much credit.

PS, I still do not understand what Tsisqua's post is doing here, since it has nothing to do with helptheindians.com.
Can Mr. McEwan please answer me in what way Tsisqua answers that question in her post?   

Blessings from Birger

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: HelpTheIndians.com and Olav Ramirez Husby AKA "Redheart"
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 01:40:28 pm »
Actually you're wrong Birger. The topic was always about Mr. Husby AKA "Redheart" and his posing as a spiritual leader, healer, or ceremony seller of alleged Native traditions. That's what this forum is about. It only became about HelptheIndians.com because Husby uses your group to promote himself.

His part in your charity is only a part of what was discussed, (and only because Husby chose to make it appear to be solely HIS charity). If you choose to ignore that, or make the strange claim that his false claims or exploitation of Native traditions somehow don't matter, that reflects very poorly on your organization and also will certainly alienate you from the very people you claim to want to help.

Think of it this way: Would the Jewish community accept help from a charity whose leading representative in a country was a gentile falsely claiming to be a rabbi? One who even did his own version of bar mitzvahs or circumcisions? And one who promoted another imposter as well, as Husby has?

Husby seems to be using your organization to make himself appear legit, and I wonder why that does not disturb you far more. I also have to wonder at why yourself and Leonard are both allowing yourself to be manipulated into speaking for him and thus defending his exploitation and misrepresentation of Native traditions.

Since we know he has joined, let him defend himself here, personally. It's long been a tactic used by spiritual exploiters posing as teachers of Native traditions to get others to do their fighting for them, so they can appear "more spiritual." Quit letting yourself be manipulated by him.

You indicate you already knew about his false claims and exploitation. Why have you done nothing to dissassociate your charity from him?

On two side notes: Tisqua seems to have posted in the wrong thread by mistake. And I was genuinely curious what the heck Husby meant by "shamaness charming". We've had gay members at NAFPS for a long time and don't condone any kind of prejudice.

birger

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 02:05:32 pm »
Actually you're wrong Birger. The topic was always about Mr. Husby AKA "Reheart" and his posing as a Native spiritual leader, healer, or ceremony seller. That's what this forum is about, if you'd bothered to notice.

His part in your charity is only a small part. If you choose to ignore that, or make the strange claim that his false claims or exploitation of Native traditions somehow don't matter, that reflects very poorly on your organization and also will certainly alienate you from the very people you claim to want to help.

Think of it this way: Would the Jewish community accept help from a charity whose leading representative in a country was a gentile falsely claiming to be a rabbi? One who even did his own version of bar mitzvahs or circumcisions? And one who promoted another imposter as well, as Husby has?

Husby seems to be using your organization to make himself appear legit, and I wonder why that does not disturb you far more. I also have to wonder at why yourself and Leonard are both allowing yourself to be manipulated into speaking for him and thus defending his exploitation and misrepresentation of Native traditions.

Since we know he has joined, let him defend himself here, personally.

You indicate you already knew about his false claims and exploitation. Why have you done nothing to dissassociate your charity from him?

I can't see to have indicated in any way, knowledge of false claims and exploitation. Can you please be more specific about these "false claims and exploitation? " Olav is one of the kindest persons I've met, and I fail to recognize this description of him. Olav do not promote himself, but the cause of helping natives in need.

Birger

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »
In your own words:

"The organizing of workshop/ceremonies are offered as a service. I have problems understanding why Olav should bother explaining his "spiritual duties"to anybody."

And my very first post quoting from Husby's own website, showing him quoting at length from the notorious fraud and exploiter Robert Franzone, who posed as "Robert Ghostwolf."

Just like Barnaby has already asked:

Will you kindly tell us what alleged ceremonies, workshops, etc Husby is doing?

You acknowledge this is a huge problem. So why do you allow as your representative in one country someone you know is doing wrong?

Or better yet, why do you keep pretending he is not doing wrong, and then avoid answering mine and Barnaby's question several times?

birger

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 02:33:39 pm »

"The organizing of workshop/ceremonies are offered as a service. I have problems understanding why Olav should bother explaining his "spiritual duties"to anybody."

This was me misunderstanding this topic,  I thought the issue was helptheindians.com, not Olav's personal beliefs and sexual orientation.

Can you please explain to me exactly what Olav is doing wrong? After a quick brain scan I still fail to see that  I
" keep pretending he is not doing wrong"

Will you kindly tell us what alleged ceremonies, workshops, etc Husby is doing?
Olav must answer this one himself.

Leonard

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 02:36:53 pm »
... actually, I just got off of the telephone with Jeri Baker with 'One Spirit' and she observed that there seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum with 'this and that - and - this and that'  --- her question was that yes; there is exploitation; yes there is fraud; yes, there seems to be a lot of very negative issues and a lot of exploitation and a lot of negative lists --- "Has anyone ever done anything right ? and do you have any lists of the good people who get it right ?" -- does anyone have a positive list who gets it right ? - we are out here trying - does anyone ever get it right ? - please help us 'see the light' !

Ms. Baker also requests to speak to someone directly - whom ever I had spoken with earlier.

... she asks that I find someone in real authority here.

I take a chance - leonard.melton@yahoo.com

Leonard.

Leonard

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »
You are right 'educatedindian' (oh I hope I spelled the name right - I can not see the post names in this little box).

You are right - may I make a suggestion ?

I think it is time for all of us to be silent and let Olav ('redheart') to stand alone and speak for himself.

... actually, before all of this began - 'sox' made an offer as others to hear - but someone else answered for him.

I think it is time for 'Redheart' to answer for himself and silence all of the questions now and ever -

we are waiting, Olav ...

Leonard

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »
We are still waiting, Olav.

And Jeri Baker is still waiting for someone to speak directly to you about this whole mess.

Do you wish Ms. Baker to join this 'forum' or do you wish to honor her request for honest conversation ?

-- the choice is yours; but I would suggest that she requests contact and you do not -- so who is hiding whom ?

--- the 'truth' maybe ? let us explore this ...

Leonard.

birger

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 03:45:49 pm »
I talked to Olav on the phone. He is not home at the moment. He may be able to answer in some hours or tomorrow.

Birger

Leonard

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »
I talked to Jeri Baker by phone and she wants to know why everybody is talking about and explaining about Olav, but nothing to hear from Olav ? He does not even answer her e-mails to him requesting his response even to her -- what is wrong with this photograph I want to know ? Has Olav ever made any introduction of himself or a post of anything here ? You have 24 hours, Olav, and after this time period, Jeri Baker said that 'ONE Spirit' will move on to better things.

Leonard.

Leonard

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 04:03:16 pm »
... we wait in silence - and only hear the silence - perhaps the silence tells us everything that we need to know ...

Redheart

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 04:34:34 pm »
TRY TO BEE A LITTLE TOLERANT. I WILL ANSWER ALL  ! I JUST COME HOME ....

PEACE LOVE AND SMILING FACE FROM OLAV IN NORWAY

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 04:54:40 pm »
Here are some of the results which come up in the google search I had a look at. The nature of Mr Husby's activities is explained quite well in a few ads. Husby apparently not only works as a shaman but also sells ceremonies:

http://www.dreamcatching.dk/product.asp?product=3397&sub=272&page=1
"Description:
Olav Redheart works with shamanism and runs an Indian Support organisation in Norway."

Despite the sites name, it seems to be run by a 'Monague Indian Crafts Ltd.' The intro says e.g.:
"Welcome at dreamcatching.dk
 Here you will find an insporing choice of dreamcatchers, medicine wheels, jewelry, and much more. When you have received your products, you will at once realize that this is the genuine stuff. Aöö products in the shop are made or designed in Canada in a company owned 100% by an Indian family who guarantees for the originality and quality of the products.
Please take due note that products can differ slightly as every product is hand made.
'Indians' have been an inspiration for many during childhood. When you buy it now with these products, you can at the same time support the indigenous American population and help their culture survive'.

http://www.alternativ.no/markedsplassen/trommer.html
Alternativ.no is a site promoting e.g. 'complementary and alternative medicine, alternative treatment, holism, environment' and lists persons offering respective treatment, among them Mr Husby:

"Olav Redheart Ramirez Husby - Indian Support Organisation

Indian crafts and drums on order
Shamanism - healing - remote healing - Indian life philosophy - meditation - [another therapy which I cannot translate] - leading the path - drum journeys - ceremonies - workshops
Spritual journeys

tlf: 73 57 19 70, 924 50 999
 olav@redheart.no
 www.redheart.no"

http://www.alternativ.no/messer/stiklestad/utstillkart.html
This promotes a nuage fair and lists persons participating:

Indian Support Society
Olav « Redheart « Husby
  Melhagen,
7070 Bosberg
 olav@redheart.no  
Salg av indianerartikler, alternative produkter , t-shirts, engler, kort,m.m. Healing, sjamanisme.
Translation: "Sale of Indian articles, alternative products, T-Shirts, angels, [...] Healing, shamanism"

Leonard

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:45 pm »
... so, did 'redheart' ever show up to explain why he never did show up ? look -- the Lakota people are just like the people that they all are - just like you and me - - we do not need to write books or explain the 'noble savages' - - save that for the 'flea markets'.

we are talking about something more deeply important here.

is we want to get along - we need to quit the 'chase' and quit playing 'Shaman' and the 'outer-space' stuff.

If I can only tell you one thing; 'ONE Spirit' is not for the game, the money, or the 'game' - we are just trying to make the world a better place ( without all of the TV commercials) - and we will 'cut loose' anyone who is not willing to help us all -- because 'we are all related'.

Later,

Leonard.