Author Topic: Outside  (Read 19940 times)

Outside
« on: November 04, 2009, 04:39:41 pm »
Creator has a purpose for folks who are outside the circle too.

I wanted to say, that sometimes I watch the news, and I see reports on this or that race in America.  I see everyone, but Native Americans.  The last few months, I had been thinking/feeling that the Native American is like a forgotten race in this land.  There's news/talk about Latino and Black and White and Gay and Women, but never does anyone talk about the hardship of being Native American in this country.  

And yet, a multi billion dollar business blooms, even in recession and depression of the economy, based on stolen, misguided, mis appropriated and mis representation of Native Americans and their culture and belief/spirituality.

It's just something that I notice.  Not sure how it all fits or what, or anything..  just, it's been weighing on me for a while now, and thought I'd just put it out here for any thoughts, or feedback on this apparent lack of even the slightest acknowledgment of your race/culture.  Except in the area of exploitation masked as 'spiritual growth products', which, until the horrible Ray deaths, NA is still pretty much never mentioned.

I mean, never nothing ever is mentioned on Native Americans in regards to America, in politics, or rights or race or minorities or anything in mainstream American news or what.  Is this because you are a nation within a nation?  Or?  Just plain continuation of ignoring and ignorance?  

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:36:34 pm by critter »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Outside
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:26:37 pm »
it is because we are forgotten
we are americas secert
america is not the land of the free in my eyes
In Spirit

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »
No, America is not the land of the free.  That is an ideal that is not realized, it's 'idea' of mind but without action to ground it and make it real.  It's fake.

I have as I stated, for a few months now, noticed that ndn's are America's 'forgotten' race.. but I am wondering now, if that is not perhaps to be an advantage in some time to come.

The harm is that it allows for the fakes and frauds to steal culture and ritual, and make mockery of it, becoming rich off of it, and unfortunately, give 'birth' to more people who follow in their same fake footsteps.. until it is forgotten that it was stolen and is a fraud.

I think the people harmed by the frauds are less than the people who are brainwashed into believing they are better for it. 

I think sometimes, the more hidden and underground the true cultures can go may be best.. but then..  I think, uprising with the power that I perceive growing here within the tribes, may be enough to throw the cover off.. 

I don't know.   If I had a choice, I'd choose to see the cover blown off and all the frauds and scams revealed for what they are and for the ndn to be able to walk their path free, without the weight of poverty that America has thrust on them.  And without the constant needy gimme peoples clawing at their spirituality and tearing it to shreds.. or seemingly to be doing so.

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »
ah!  ;D
but that is what this site has helped in doing
each person that help with the research helps
native people.

I am forever thankful to each of the people here
I know that taken a stand means that they are
condemn, their name are condemn, and thier lives
condemned but they still continue their research
so I am thankful.

In Spirit

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 03:41:39 am »
Creator has a purpose for folks who are outside the circle too.

I wanted to say, that sometimes I watch the news, and I see reports on this or that race in America.  I see everyone but Native Americans.  The last few months, I had been thinking/feeling that the Native American is like a forgotten race in this land.  There's news/talk about Latino and Black and White and Gay and Women, but never does anyone talk about the hardship of being Native American in this country. 

The "forgetting" and "not reporting" is intentional.

When I see what happens to major sites back east, and how they are "managed"  >:( Turned into "nature preserves", etc. with their true origin and use disguised...

And yet, a multi billion dollar business blooms, even in recession and depression of the economy, based on stolen, misguided, mis appropriated and mis representation of Native Americans and their culture and belief/spirituality.

And the new "2012" movie is going to start with hundreds of thousands of Maya committing suicide.  >:( It has great special effects from what I read.

It's just something that I notice.  Not sure how it all fits or what, or anything..  just, it's been weighing on me for a while now, and thought I'd just put it out here for any thoughts, or feedback on this apparent lack of even the slightest acknowledgment of your race/culture.  Except in the area of exploitation masked as 'spiritual growth products', which, until the horrible Ray deaths, NA is still pretty much never mentioned.

moved and then forgotten... I'm sure Oklahoma is a nice state, but if I were Cherokee I think I would rather be living in Johnson City or Watseka or Chattanooga or Franklin. If I were Dakota I think I would rather be at Red Wing, or where ever my ancestors were moved from. Etc.,etc.,etc...

So keep the Oklahoma land, and rez rights, but just move back... It worked for a great Ho-Chunk leader many years ago (Can't remember his proper name, damned stroke, so just call him "rests against the tree"), so it should be easier now.

I mean, never nothing ever is mentioned on Native Americans in regards to America, in politics, or rights or race or minorities or anything in mainstream American news or what.  Is this because you are a nation within a nation?  Or?  Just plain continuation of ignoring and ignorance? 

It's the finishing stages of the conquest.

The last thing they steal is your history.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:37:59 am »
BUT this just came in, and it is true:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-11-05-obama-indians_N.htm

I have also heard told that NAFPS willl not have to take on the frauds alone anymore.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »
Well, we'll see.  I like Obama, and I like what he says he stands for, wants, etc.. but there are more than just him running the gov.  It is not a dictatorship.  He can't just command this or that.  So, I'll believe when I see.. and hope for the best.

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 01:40:30 am »
The highest rate of suicide in the world is among the Innu people of Labrador Canada. Some of them were my friends.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:24:34 am »
The highest rate of suicide in the world is among the Innu people of Labrador Canada. Some of them were my friends.

When I first wrote on Native America and asteroid and comet impacts, one of the first emails that I received was if I knew about the high suicide rate in young Native Americans. I responded that I had no idea of the extent of the problem, nor any knowledge as to what might be done.

Sadly, that is still true, though my book has given some people more self respect by recovering their history for them.

In this "2012" move, they are completely misrepresenting today's Mayan beliefs, creating a fake version of them for dollars on a big scale - hundreds of millions of $. The movie will have great special effects. Then showing Maya committing suicide.

Its cultural misappropriation on a huge scale, but the PR machine is at work, and has been for years, and its all primed to go.  It's cult archaeology written big time - the whole bogus chronology, the whole crustal shift nonsense. Blavatsky and Augustus and Alice LePlongeon's crap again.

The con men promoting this stuff today need to be exposed massively. I've done all I can do to fashion a tool to do it with, but others are going to have to help now by using it.

This probably belongs in the 2012 thread, wherever that is.

Copies of my guide inside today's cult archaeology industry is always available by PM'ing me for it. A lot of the frauds operate through the same channels.

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:12 am »
May be if the Innu were baby seals someone would care enough to put a stop to it

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 05:26:05 am »

the suicide train..  

this here..  I heard it in the background of a tv, and searched for it.. found it tonight.. it says it better than I can.. I think.  

NDN_Outlaw.. I am sorry for your losses.. sometimes, I do wonder with how the world has become..  why it should continue in this chaos..  and in this pain.. I do care.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGd0g-wpXA

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:26:08 pm by critter »

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 05:41:51 am »
May be if the Innu were baby seals someone would care enough to put a stop to it

I wish it wasn't like this in this world.  For those who have died, and those left behind.  If I knew how to stop it, I would, and I know there are others who would as well.  I don't know what to do.  The act of being no one, of not mattering, of living every day feeling that nothing you are, nothing you feel, is worth anything to anybody..  I get it.. but I don't know how to stop it.  I don't know what to do. 

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 06:37:48 am »
The Innu were hunters of the caribou. They only left their land in the 1940'swhen the government moved them from their hunting camps to permanent villages. One of these groups were placed on an island off the Atlantic coast.The Innu are a people of the land. The Inuit are a people of the sea. The Innu called Davis Islet, "the place of the boss". The government, the Hudsons Bay Company and the RC Church controlled them.They fell into social collapse and it was only revealed decades later that a priest had been abusing the children. Alcoholism, violence and multiple abuse followed. In 1992 substance abuse was rampant. Kids huffed gas and looked after each other while their parents drank. It was a community patrol during a bitterly cold winter nite who found six children high on gas attempting mass suicide in a fishing shack at the oceon's edge. The Innu video taped the children's screams and gave the video to the Newfoundland media. It was only when the video was shown in Europe that an embarassed Newfoundland provincial government finally directed significant resources into Davis islet. The most chronic kids were sent to an NDN controlled treatment center in western Canada. I was asked to counsel two preteen boys. I have been a counsellor/ social worker for twenty two years. Stabilize, assess, and refer is a basic process we use in working with out of control youth. After a lengthy stabilization and detox they began to disclose horrendous abuse. There was no safe place in Davis Islet so the children shrank from a terrible reality into oblivion, sniffing gas- accessible, affordable and effective- while their parents drank. Before the mass suicide attempt, seven people, five children and two adults died in a house fire while the parents drank. Their bones were left among the ashes. I was told people weren't allowed to cry so there would be people rolling upon the ground screaming at funerals. I often asked their people about their culture and history. It seemed to comfort them to remember who they once were.One of my kids committed suicide. The other is still alive. Five other kids went on to die by suicide. When they left I told little Joe and his sister Lucy that I would remember them when I saw the stars overhead. They said they would remember me too when the stars shone over Labrador. There's nothing wrong with the Innu that the government didn't do to them.

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 06:47:37 am »
We all do what we can. You have a big heart critter.

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 07:55:31 am »
Of course there's nothing wrong with the Innu.

I found them on here..  http://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/innu

Don't know if that website really helps anyone or not..  but this is what they say on there:

How does Survival help?

Survival is calling on the Canadian government to rethink its approach to
negotiations with the Innu and other similar groups – currently they will only
recognise Innu land rights if the Innu agree to surrender most of their land.
Canada must recognise the Innu’s right to own their land, and live on it as they choose.
-----

I do have a big heart.. it's my blessing.. and my curse.