Author Topic: Salvatore Gencarelle "A Man Among the Helpers"  (Read 15476 times)

Epiphany

Salvatore Gencarelle "A Man Among the Helpers"
« on: August 04, 2013, 05:39:48 pm »
I embarked on a mission, learning what this calling meant and what I needed to do. Within a few months I began helping a Native American Medicine family in sacred ceremonies. Within a few years I was living with, and had married into this family, one of the last direct links to ancient Native American medicine.

In that time of my youth I set up the altar for sacred Lakota ceremonies. I worked with Benjamin Godfrey Chipps, a Spiritual Interpreter of the Oglala Lakota Sioux; a practitioner of the “Yuwipi” ceremony with blood links to its originator. I spent over 10 years being educated in traditional medicine and healing practices. Through this medicine I learned the healing power of the earth! I became a translator for the ceremonies which are bridges linking the ancient Lakota way of life to the present moment.

http://manamongthehelpers.com/man-among-the-helpers/

He does "Inipi Weekend Workshop" including in  UK and Canada.

Although he posts:

*We DO NOT charge for ceremony. The fees involved are only to cover the cost of the mentoring program*

http://manamongthehelpers.com/current-events/

- there is a $ charge listed on brochures.

Application for 8 Shields Leadership Initiation Program http://manamongthehelpers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Application-LIP.pdf

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:42:33 pm by Piff »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Salvatore Gencarelle "A Man Among the Helpers"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:31:27 pm »
Man, the Chipps have spawned so many frauds...

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:50 am »
This must have been before Chipps went to prison
In Spirit

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:11:10 pm »
This must have been before Chipps went to prison

He claims he had a vision in 1989 and then:

Within a few months I began helping a Native American Medicine family in sacred ceremonies. Within a few years I was living with, and had married into this family, one of the last direct links to ancient Native American medicine.

http://manamongthehelpers.com/man-among-the-helpers/

Epiphany

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:19 pm »

Author

Self Employed 
October 2007 – Present (5 years 11 months) Home

In my youth I set up the altar for sacred Lakota ceremonies. I worked with Benjamin Godfrey Chipps, a Spiritual Interpreter of the Oglala Lakota Sioux; a practitioner of the “Yuwipi” ceremony with blood links to its originator. I spent over 10 years being educated in traditional medicine and healing practices. Through this medicine I learned the healing power of the earth. I became a translator for the ceremonies, a bridge linking the ancient Lakota way of life to our modern world

Paramedic/Training Coordinator

Oglala Sioux Tribe 
September 1996 – May 2007 (10 years 9 months) Pine Ridge South Dakota

In 1996 I started working in pre-hospital emergency medicine while living on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in the town of Wanblee. I worked for the Oglala Sioux Tribal Ambulance Service on Medic 5 (the unit designation). By 1998 I became one of the first paramedics working for the Pine Ridge Reservation. Our initial group of paramedics developed the first advanced life support care and protocols ever provided to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. In 2001 I became the Training Coordinator for the program and began to teach a variety of classes including; CPR, Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Pediatric Life Support, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, National Incident Management System and Incident Command System. I resigned from the Oglala Sioux Tribe upon moving to Arizona.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sal-gencarelle/7/799/94b

Epiphany

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »
http://www.circleofliferediscovery.com/a-man-among-the-helpers.htm

He works with Tobias Heinrichs:

Tobias Heinrichs was born in 1959, is married and a father to five children. For eight years he lived on the "Pine Ridge Reservation" in South Dakota, home of the Lakota Sioux. He was adopted by a native american family, the Chipps (Woptura) which stands in a lineage of generations of medicine men. There he learned about the culture, traditions and healing ceremonies of the Lakota and especially this family. Under the tutelage of the medicine man he was mentored in these ceremonies over these years and made a comittment to bring them to Germany. Since 1993 Tobias is working with these ceremonies and helps communities and people on their personal path to gain or maintain a life of health and happiness. He runs sweat lodges, guides people in the preparation and act of vision questing and conducts individual healing ceremonies. Once a year he runs a stonedance (related to the sundance) as an intersessor. In these times Tobias feels a calling to share his knowledge and mentor people in the ceremonies which were passed down to him by the Chipps family. He helps to preserve this knowledge for future generations and facilitates individuals who will be able to conduct these ceremonies for their own communities.

They do Life "Within Inipi Ceremony Certification Training", including:

Official Certification papers: Sliding scale of £125.00 - £200 payment to Godfrey Chipps via Sal Gencarelle – this includes ‘sacred permit’ and lineage paperwork (Chipps lineage historical documentation).

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »
In the early '90s Godfrey and Charles Chipps were traveling around the country doing pay to pray yuwipi ceremonies for white people. They invited the non-Natives to come out to Pine Ridge for Sun Dance and other ceremonies. Lots of bad stuff has happened in the wake of that.

Offline WINative

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 09:22:11 pm »
Interesting that so many people met Chipps family in Massachusetts and followed them to South Dakota, I guess this guy was one of the first out east?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-cooksey-903a5714/
Andrew Cooksey 
Writer/Actor/Filmmaker with over 50 years experience in sustainable development
Organizer and Participant Organizer and Participant
Native American Spiritual Understanding Native American Spiritual Understanding
Dec 1971 - Present · 51 yrs 10 mos Dec 1971 - Present · 51 yrs 10 mos
Civil Rights and Social Action Civil Rights and Social Action
From the time I lived with John Lame Deer(1972-1976), a traditional Lakota medicine man, I have assisted Native American spiritual leaders and healers for over forty years beginning in 1973 in an estimated 170 seminars, events or ceremonies that further Native American cultural and spiritual understanding

The Interpreters - a docudrama of a 5 generation Lakota Medicine Family
The Interpreters is the story of five generations of a Native American Lakota Sioux family of Yuwipi “Spiritual Interpreters” and ceremonies associated with the Sacred Pipe (Chanunpa). The film focuses on the life of Godfrey Chipps, present day Interpreter, family history as chronicled by his mother Victoria Chips and his “Helpers” . The Interpreters is the story a Lakota medicine family who kept ‘sacredness’ alive in the face of greed, genocide, religious persecution and self-made misfortune.