Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Don the Baptiste

Hello
« on: January 13, 2008, 08:10:20 pm »
I am a native male 35, and six foot, 185 pounds, full-blooded, enrolled member of the Wa:k O'Odham, (San Xavier Tohono O'Odham) located just south of Tucson, AZ. I'm the youngest of 6 kids.

My father (a rancher/farmer) passed away when I was in Iraq, and my Momma is still living in Wa;K. She is diabetic and arthritic, but she is a (short) tower of strength.  I love her so,  A lot of our people have diabetes, and I think it is flour products contributing to that problem.  Our people used to largely subsist on beans, melons, some fish, fowl, game, and other raw veggies.

I have one son, O'Odham and Yavapai/Apache (his momma is from Fort McDowell); and one daughter O'Odham and Oglala (her momma is from Manderson, SD).

I am a USMC veteran, recently EAS after serving 4 years, and 2 combat tours with the 2/6 Marines of the 2nd Divison (we later became 4th Marines and were redeployed to Iraq). The war in Iraq can be won if the politicians and media will allow our armed forces to do our jobs unfettered.

Before I joined the corps, I have lived and worked all throughout the West as a firefighter. I used to box during my secondary school years, but I grew weary from fearlessly blocking my opponents' blows with my head.  I still love to shoot some hoop for several hours, even in our hot summers. The hotter, the better. Just let me use the garden hose between every two or three games.  I like to hunt.

I am an advanced computer user with experience programming, and formatting.

Right now, I'm working as a business analyist in the health care industry. I have an Associates of Arts degree in Business Administration, and finished my first year in the Bachelors degree in Business Admin at the U of A, classes start TOMORROW.

I am SINGLE, never married, and currently living in Tucson, AZ which is about ten miles from my home reservation, San Xavier. I tend to let women get by with just about anything; but not men.  

My main mode of transportation is a motorcycle and for shorter trips, a bicycle, but now I am driving my '69 Dodge pick 'em up for hauling things.

I don't smoke, drink, use drugs...at least not any more.  I had to try all of them as a younger guy, but it's not for me.

I make friends easily, although I am working hard on my quick temper. I think it will be a lifelong labor. I have been on some political discussion boards and traveled across the country to meet new friends.