Odds and Ends > Computer Issues

can't post - timed out - error message - trouble logging out - notice of hacking attempt

(1/6) > >>

earthw7:
I just got an email saying that there was a failed log in attempt to this account
I never tried to log in so is someone trying to hack in???

Defend the Sacred:
Yes. Someone tried to log in to your account. This has happened to a number of people recently. We have installed new security features and are investigating the source of these attempts. Make sure your password is impossible to guess, and don't hesitate to contact a member of the mod/admin team if you have any problems, questions, or relevant data about who did it.

Defend the Sacred:
If anyone else gets one of these notices, it would help us a lot if you could PM a copy to one of the mods. We're pretty sure we've got the IPs that are being used, but just in case we miss any, your data could be very helpful. Thanks.

Smart Mule:
Also you may get an error message that you timed out and that you need to log out and log back in. This happened to me and I was unable to log out. I ended up closing out explorer, clearing my history, cookies and cache and was then able to log back in.

KrazyKraut:
We added a mod that automatically bans IPs with repeated failed attempts. If you trigger this by accident, you get a ticket number. Provide this ticket number to support at newagefraud dot org to get your ban lifted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version