General > Frauds

World Council of Elders & Woody Vaspra

<< < (2/7) > >>

frederica:
Here is all I coould find, and it is just a gathering.  http://www.earthdance.org/sf/hi_elders.html        Woody Vaspara, a native Hawaiian, retired Air Force pilot, Vietnam veteran, former corporate director of several companies, co-founded the World Council of Elders a 501 (c) 3, education organization in 2000.

Kevin:
-from corporate director to head honcho of the world council of elders - sounds like a fast descent into schizophrenia to me......

seeker:
Woody Vaspra is planning a "sundance" on the island of Hawai'i in November in an area that is sacred to Native Hawaiians.  When questioned directly last week he said "he has the right to do this because it was given to him by Lakota Elders who told him to take it out in the world."  He also claimed to be Native Hawaiian.

Hog Wash!

If you look up the World Council of Elders on guidestar.org you will see it is registered in Colorado and lists a Boulder address.  Guidestar is an excellent resource for nonprofit information, even has their 990 tax returns.

Cat:
It gets scary now..I spoke with an elder on Kauaii..and was told that some of the elders are going to suppport his "dance" because he has supported the Kanaka Maoli on some rights issues lately..and apparently they believe what he tells them..how do we find out more about this guy????

c

seeker:
I get the feeling from people who have met him that he is very convincing.  He probably got connected to the Kanaka Maoli on Kauaii through the person he has been staying with.  I looked up the records for the "Council" which lists his name as Lenwood H Vaspra.  At that time (2006) he had an address in Boulder Colorado which is also where the group was headquartered. It truly is scary because so many Kanaka Maoli take people at their word when they say they are indigenous.  A few years ago there was a guy calling himself Jack Happy Bear putting on sweats in 20 foot "Costco" tents for $250 a person on Hawai'i who had everyone convinced he was the real deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version