Author Topic: revealer  (Read 2886 times)

revealer

revealer
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:18:08 pm »
Hi everybody,

I am of Anglo descent,  Have been in the Inipi of the Lakota many times since 1992.  My first lodge was with Gilbert Walking Bull and Star Wolfe in West Virginia.  I was in the front row and it was plenty hot.  I think there were like 30 stones in a medium to small sized lodge.  I got heat blisters on my legs and had to leave after the first round.   In that year I also attended a Basic Survival Class by Tom Brown Junior.  Only found out in the past few years much of his content is likely also fabricated.   Over the past few years have spent periods traveling to the four corners, the sacred sites of the Anasazi, some times on Second Mesa for Hopi dances, out West up into Montana listening to Blackfoot storytellers, and up in the Great Lakes area with the People there.  Have also been to Peru a couple of times in the past few years (and into Bolivia) and have worked in ceremony with local Paqos (shamans) in smaller settings.

I decided to join the forum over my concerns regarding Kiesha Crowther aka Little Grandmother.  I know enough about native ways to know that she is pulling the wool big time over alot of peoples eyes.   Of the many things that bother me one of them is the thought that you can be made a 'shaman', or anyone of importance, with a single ceremony and four day fast.   There is certainly a blessing in those things when authentic, but they do not qualify you to take office or leadership or anything like that.  Try doing that for a couple of years and you can just start to get straightened out.

My past also includes involvement with a lesser known Christian cult.  So it is somewhat easy for me to see the similarities between what plastic shamans and cults are doing especially related to LG.  

I'm hoping to add to the conversation and to exchange ideas on how to wake people up to LG specifically.   To a certain extent it feels like I'm being called to say no to what she is doing.  Which is kinda weird because I don't like to even get into arguments with people.   I see many good examples on the board of kind (and serious) people with good hearts and minds.   And in the interaction I'd like to have some fun too.

revealer
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:38:29 pm by revealer »