Author Topic: Hau  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Mato Istime

Hau
« on: July 24, 2010, 01:33:24 am »
Hau,my name is Mato Istime...pronounced,Mah-toe eesh-dee-mah.I am half Tsalagi, my people are from Telaquah Ok. but I study Lakota.Most of my teachings were gifted to me and I was openly accepted on Bear Butte Mountain in S.D. over a 5 year period.I also did my prayer quest there along with many Inipi's.I am a Chanupa carrier for the Lakota Oyate' and am allowed by the Oyate' to perform Inipi Ceremony.I know this is a lot of information to give you but the thread said to tell you who I am,well,this is who and what I am. My teacher is and was Uncle Frank Fools Crows nephew,Tanka Chikala, Spirit Boy.
 Thank you for accepting me into your forum,hopefully i can be of some assistance to us all.....Pilamaye yelo

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Hau
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:45:15 pm »
Hi from Standing Rock over here, I would ask not to say that you are a Lakota Oyate pipe carrier, you are a pipe carried for one band and that tiospaye only that accepted you. The Lkaota nation did not. If a person was to be accepted by the nations you must have the consenus of the nation. the 9 Lakota reservation must agree on one person that has never happened.
so welcome
In Spirit

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: Hau
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:49:27 pm »
Hau. I would ask who is this nephew, many people claim to be related to Frank Fools Crow but his actual biological family is small and prefer that his name not be used as "credentials". And as you should know spiritual names are used only in ceremony, not put out in public. Wopila