Author Topic: Hello new member here  (Read 21123 times)

dualbuster

Hello new member here
« on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:29 pm »
Well I just found this site a short while ago and I'm very glad I did. There needs to be a culling of the "spiritual flock" where frauds are exposed and authentics are honored in the way that THEY regard appropriate.
I'm of western european decent, I don't claim (or know of) any Native ancestry, although I do suspect that I may have been in prior lifetimes. I was raised Catholic and outgrew it during my teen years and began a long spiritual search for truth. I began reading books about prophecy and apocalypse, I had a mild interest in eastern spirituality for a short time, then I went through my "metaphysical" period when I learned about what's right (and mostly what's NOT right) about "new age" spiritualism. As I grew older my intuition seemed to sharpen, I could sense people's energy just by looking at them, as though I could almost read their thoughts, or rather, their emotions. Overtime it dawned on me that my inner spirituality most closely resonates with Native American wisdom and culture. My heart began to pound whenever being exposed to American Indian "anything". I eventually began looking for ways to help my Native brothers and sisters. I located some friends on a reservation and offered up myself in any way I could be of service. In return I was gifted with ceremonies, including a sweat. All of this changed me forever. It seems that now my passion is to find the 'true light' from the mirages of the 'false light', to find and expose those who pretend to be what they are the complete opposite of. I can smell phonies by their foul perfume-covered stench and I appreciate those who feel the same way. It seems that in this world we're now being overrun by fraudsters of all kinds. It's almost impossible to trust anyone because certain dark elements are extremely clever and know how to fool the sincere and naive seeker.

I just want to add that I've read in some places (not here) that author Mary Summer Rain is a fraud. After reading almost all her books and using my intuition about her, I'm almost 100% convinced that she's for real. And yes she is of mixed blood.

So anyway, I want to thank those who started this board about a very important topic. I look forward to learning much from those here!

In Light,
DB

Offline bls926

Re: Hello new member here
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:25 am »
I think your intuition failed you this time, dualbuster.

mary summer rain
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1781.0

Welcome to NAFPS. Seems you have a lot of learning to do.

dualbuster

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 04:46:41 pm »

mary summer rain

Thank you for the welcome bls926, although I think you ignored my entire first paragraph. You should probably change the wording though. Instead of saying "seems you have a lot of learning to do", you should have said "Seems WE have a lot of learning to do. And indeed we do. Indeed we do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:49:08 pm by dualbuster »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »
Dualbuster, were you the person on Wikipedia writing about Mary Summer Rain?

dualbuster

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:34:25 pm »
No, I never even looked at that page, but I will now.

edit: it's been deleted!  ???
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:36:07 pm by dualbuster »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:18:36 am »
alot to is an understatement
In Spirit

Offline bls926

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 04:47:36 am »

mary summer rain

Thank you for the welcome bls926, although I think you ignored my entire first paragraph. You should probably change the wording though. Instead of saying "seems you have a lot of learning to do", you should have said "Seems WE have a lot of learning to do. And indeed we do. Indeed we do.

Dualbuster, I said exactly what I meant to say. I don't need to change any of my wording. You have a lot of learning to do. Not saying I know everything, but I do know that appropriation is wrong.

You think I ignored your "entire first paragraph"? Hardly.

Well I just found this site a short while ago and I'm very glad I did. There needs to be a culling of the "spiritual flock" where frauds are exposed and authentics are honored in the way that THEY regard appropriate.
I'm of western european decent, I don't claim (or know of) any Native ancestry, although I do suspect that I may have been in prior lifetimes. I was raised Catholic and outgrew it during my teen years and began a long spiritual search for truth. I began reading books about prophecy and apocalypse, I had a mild interest in eastern spirituality for a short time, then I went through my "metaphysical" period when I learned about what's right (and mostly what's NOT right) about "new age" spiritualism. As I grew older my intuition seemed to sharpen, I could sense people's energy just by looking at them, as though I could almost read their thoughts, or rather, their emotions. Overtime it dawned on me that my inner spirituality most closely resonates with Native American wisdom and culture. My heart began to pound whenever being exposed to American Indian "anything". I eventually began looking for ways to help my Native brothers and sisters. I located some friends on a reservation and offered up myself in any way I could be of service. In return I was gifted with ceremonies, including a sweat. All of this changed me forever. It seems that now my passion is to find the 'true light' from the mirages of the 'false light', to find and expose those who pretend to be what they are the complete opposite of. I can smell phonies by their foul perfume-covered stench and I appreciate those who feel the same way. It seems that in this world we're now being overrun by fraudsters of all kinds. It's almost impossible to trust anyone because certain dark elements are extremely clever and know how to fool the sincere and naive seeker.

I just want to add that I've read in some places (not here) that author Mary Summer Rain is a fraud. After reading almost all her books and using my intuition about her, I'm almost 100% convinced that she's for real. And yes she is of mixed blood.

So anyway, I want to thank those who started this board about a very important topic. I look forward to learning much from those here!

In Light,
DB

"I'm of western european decent, I don't claim (or know of) any Native ancestry, although I do suspect that I may have been in prior lifetimes." Indian in a prior life?

Then there's your smorgasbord of spirituality from Catholicism to Eastern beliefs to New Age to American Indian. I'm surprised you didn't throw a little Yahweh or Allah in there.

"Overtime it dawned on me that my inner spirituality most closely resonates with Native American wisdom and culture. My heart began to pound whenever being exposed to American Indian "anything". "  Really?

"Native brothers and sisters" ?  Guess what, we aren't all related.

Of course you "offered up" yourself in anyway to "be of service". What kind of enlightened white man would you be if you didn't try to help out? "Gifted with ceremony" and it "changed your life". Well, of course it did.

No, dualbuster, I didn't ignore your first paragraph. It screamed great white savior loud and clear.

dualbuster

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:45:18 pm »
"Great"? "Savior"? hahahahha

Hardly. Nice try at being clever though. And you know something? you ARE right. I have much to learn. And I stand by my earlier remark. So do you. For example, your attitude, judging from what you've written here, isn't very nice. You don't seem to be very interested in making friends. In fact it seems as though you feel safer making enemies. Well if that's the case, you failed. I refuse to be your enemy.  :-*

And yes...we ARE brothers and sisters...in the mind of the Creator. It's only human beings who thrive on seperation.

I shared a little bit of my past history with you here, and I don't appreciate you or anyone else throwing it back in my face, thanks. Grow a heart.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:52:16 pm by dualbuster »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 04:04:33 pm »

Hardly.

"dualbuster" aka "WhiteWolf" aka "Pahana",

How about honestly sharing some of your past with us then, such as the claims you've posted under those names in "rainbow" forums?  This is hardly the first time people have accused you of trying to play Great White Savior. Though I guess the people in those other forums didn't recognize the hubris of calling yourself "Pahana". Do the alleged Dineh and Hopi who you allegedly met know you call yourself such a thing?

Readers, if you're not familiar with the name, google "Pahana" along with "Rainbow" and I think you'll find some, er, interesting things.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:11:44 am by Kathryn »

dualbuster

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »
I ran that search you mentioned and it says nothing. Please tell, what are you talking about? can you provide a source or something?

To be honest, I don't call myself anything. How can I? I have no idea who I am.

Please treat me with a little bit of courtesy and stop inflicting pain. I'm not your enemy!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:19:49 pm by dualbuster »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:25:11 pm »
I have moved your derailing from the Adam DeArmon thread here.

But then, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in anything I read in Manataka, if I read Manataka.

Really? Why? To be honest, I know very little about Manataka. But I'd like to hear what you know about them. I'm truly thankful I found this message board because I just don't know who to trust!

Again, dualbuster/WhiteWolf/"Pahana"[sic] you are showing that you are not using the search function, and you are wasting people's time, expecting them to explain things that have already been discussed at length. I strongly advise you to quit with the questions that can be answered by taking some time to READ the forum. Have you read the "how to be a good ally" post yet? Certainly one of the "ceremonies" you must have been "gifted" with is the tradition of LISTENING and not expecting everyone else to derail and explain things to you mid-stream when you've already been told how to find this information.

The search function in the upper right corner does not always work. Click on "SEARCH" in the upper left nav bar, that says "HOME | HELP | SEARCH" etc.

But much of what you're asking about can be easily found by simply reading the board index, and taking some time to familiarize yourself with the site, as is expected of everyone who wants to participate here.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »
I ran that search you mentioned and it says nothing. Please tell, what are you talking about? can you provide a source or something?

So you are denying you made those posts in the Rainbow and Intentional Community fora? 

dualbuster

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »
Ok Kathryn, I promise I will do that. But please stop calling me "Whitewolf" and "Pahana". And stop talking *down* to me.

If you want me to share my life story with you, I'll be happy to do that in a private setting.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:11:13 pm by dualbuster »

dualbuster

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 04:32:32 pm »

So you are denying you made those posts in the Rainbow and Intentional Community fora? 

IF I believed that I was "The Pahana" do you REALLY think I would tell the world in an online chatroom? I've done some idiot things in my life I assure you, but I don't think I would ever do something like that. Again, please list a source? I ran a google search and I didn't find anything like that. I have called myself Whitewolf though, for a reason I would share with you in private. I have no idea how you put "2 and 2" together though (and people have the nerve to call me paranoid). You are obviously shrewder than I am.

edit: I did a search on this site for "manataka" and a lot of info came up that I will check out. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:10:41 am by Kathryn »

Offline bls926

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:10 am »

Hardly. Nice try at being clever though. And you know something? you ARE right. I have much to learn. And I stand by my earlier remark. So do you. For example, your attitude, judging from what you've written here, isn't very nice. You don't seem to be very interested in making friends. In fact it seems as though you feel safer making enemies. Well if that's the case, you failed. I refuse to be your enemy.  :-*

And yes...we ARE brothers and sisters...in the mind of the Creator. It's only human beings who thrive on seperation.

I shared a little bit of my past history with you here, and I don't appreciate you or anyone else throwing it back in my face, thanks. Grow a heart.

This is not a chat room. This is a working forum; we are trying to expose frauds and exploiters. I'm not here to make friends. I have a job to do and I'm doing it to the best of my ability. Yes, I've made enemies over the past few years; it comes with the territory, not something I actively seek out. 

You think my attitude "isn't very nice" from what little I've written to you? You have the nerve to criticize my attitude after some of the arrogant drivel you've written?

Indian in a previous life. Your heart pounding whenever you're exposed to anything Indian. You participated in a sweat and now it's your life passion to expose frauds. You can tell a phony by their foul perfume-covered stench. And then you followed all that up with an endorsement of Mary Summer Rain as the real deal. All this in your intro post.

Then there were your comments in the Dances with Wolves thread.

I'm curious to know if anyone here has seen "Dreamkeeper", the movie about a grandfather and grandson who travel to an "all nations" powwow ceremony and what they thought about it. I've heard some Natives say that it was corny and overproduced.

As for the original poster, I don't think he did his research. Before I traveled to Navajo country I searched online out of a desire to assist anyone in need. I happened upon a website that was looking for outsiders to come to the land and help the elders (and families) out in any way possible. So after connecting with a family, I drove to their property and stayed with them temporarily doing work for them. They also performed ceremonies for me and we became friends and I keep in touch with them to this day. Never did I take anything for granted. I always did the listening, talked very little, and learned whatever I could. That's one thing I believe white people (I'm white) are weak with: being able to truly listen and look at things from another's perspective. To be honest, I ran into several white people on the Navajo/Hopi reservation, and except for 1 (who was a woman) they ALL had a negative vibe about them. I suspect that they've been greatly affected by the culture they come from.

I went to the reservation to be among Native people, yes. But I went to be of service, not to take. It just happens that being there changed me forever in a positive way. Being a "Native in a white man's body" (how corny, I know) is a horror in both the white world AND the Native world. However I would take feeling like an outsider in the Native world any day before having to spend the rest of eternity in the white culture's world. At least Native people might give you a chance. I still have much to learn, I know.

How many times can a person use the word "I" in one post. Talk about self-promotion. You searched and found a Dine family who needed your help, drove to their property, lived with them, worked for them, and they "performed ceremonies" for you. "Never did I take anything for granted." You always listened, spoke very little. Insert criticism of whites who aren't respectful. Yep, you were better than all the other whites on the rez. So, you really think you're "Native in a white man's body"? That's not corny; that's disrespectful!

"And yes...we ARE brothers and sisters...in the mind of the Creator." No, we are not all related. We care about each other, we support each other, but we are not brothers and sisters. Do we all look alike? Do we all have the same culture? Do we all have the same traditions? Do we all have the same spirituality? No we don't. If the Creator had wanted us to all be the same, he would have made it that way.

You shared a little bit about yourself and you don't appreciate us throwing it back in your face? What else would you have us do with it?

Grow a heart? You don't know me. You have no right to speak to me this way. Your white privilege is showing.

Before we go any further, you might want to read the Introduction to NAFPS.

http://www.newagefraud.org/