Author Topic: Hi from Ariz.  (Read 2928 times)

Offline thundreams

Hi from Ariz.
« on: July 23, 2009, 04:30:01 am »
I am a 67year old grandmother who follows a traditional path.  I have eight children and sixteen grandchildren. I consider myself a common person.  I came upon this site when I was looking for some information on a lakota language class I wanted to take. My experence with newagers has been negative to say the least.  The only thing I want to do with my life is help the people.  When I say this, it is not for recognition nor anything other then offer my prayers to creator, the spirts and the anscestors when I am alone.  I appluad you for this site and the work its doing in stopping the selling of ceremony.  I want to share from the gate alittle about my  bloodlines.  My mothers anscestors came from Turkey and Russia, my father I really don't know much about.  I was raised around natives a good part of my life and have partisipated in ceremony for about 37 years.  As this site depends on openness and honisty I feel it important to say who I am and what I am about.   I started to go to ceremony when my second son was in the hosp in Albuq., N.M..  He had spinal menengites.  The doctors did all they could so I went to a friend at American Indian studies at The Univ. of New Mexico as I needed help.  He arranged for a traditional Medicine Man to offer prayers and my son started to get better the next day.  Most of the ceremony I go to is on the Navahoe Rez. and the people I've met are just loving  and sincere people who live there.  Of my eight children three go to ceremony with me.  I am trying to make a drum for my four year old grandaughter as I am trying to teach them this way of life.   I was married to a native.  All I can say is we are amixed blood family with Blackfoot, Navahoe, Cherokee and Guamanian relatives.  Thank you, Aho Mitakuye,  Thundreams