Author Topic: Hello everyone from Rattlebone  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Rattlebone

Hello everyone from Rattlebone
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:58:37 pm »

I would just like to introduce myself to this group. I know many out there already know of me from Myspace and a few other places, and so with them I need no introduction lol.

Because this is the internet I don't feel that I should give to much personal info about myself. I will let my actions and words prove who I am on here and that should be good enough. If anyone wants to know any additional info they can ask and I might just tell them.

What I will say is that I am a mixed blood of Choctaw/Cherokee descent. Honestly though I rarely ever acknowledge being Cherokee because I was raised with my identity being Choctaw.

My family resides today in mostly Oklahoma and California. I myself reside in California since my family came here during the great depression. I am a member of the central California Indian community that is made up of Yokuts, Miwoks, Monache people's who's traditional lands this is. Then of course there is the other part of the Indian community here that like myself consists of Indians who come from other states, or even places like Canada and Mexico.

The last few years I have been rather inactive in doing community work due to school at one time, and always problems with my work schedule. However in the past I have helped in various projects for the community including putting together local powwows, and assisting in working with troubled youth and helping to set them on the right track.

Anyways that's enough about me. Thank you for allowing me in this organization.

Offline Rattlebone

Re: Hello everyone from Rattlebone
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:21:43 pm »
oops my appologies. I came to this section to test this out and put my hello here instead of the correct location.

frederica

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:09:50 am »
Welcome and I move your post to the introductuons.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:00:29 pm »
Welcome Rattlebone!

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:47:07 pm »
where abouts in california you at ,maybe we have meet before , I was in the Bay area for a while and than to S. California
Chiefytiger

Offline AshuniMawkwekar

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 03:50:15 am »
Hello Rattlebone Sir,

Glad to see you here. If anyone does not know Rattle, he is a standup guy.

Offline Ann

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:40 am »
Welcome Rattlebone! You sound like a standup guy!