General > Frauds

Michael Mettert /"Blazing White Wolf" / Medicine Wheel LLC

<< < (2/3) > >>

tsalagi43:
https://njhiltongroup.com/idaho-real-estate-partners/

That number is also attached to one Dave Green, a contractor.

Plus, he sells DoTerra (overpriced essential oils they push as a cure for EVERYTHING!).

And anything else to make a buck.  His Facebook page is getting lots of Native love.  I told him we're coming for him like arrows for Custer.  Sadly, there are actual Natives praising him!

tsalagi43:
"Medicine Wheel LLC Marceline, I appreciate your time to stop by and comment. I would like to bring to your attention of who I am since the comment of "cultural appropriation" is being "branded" upon me. I thought I would respond and clarify some things. 1) I am a 57 year old Blackfoot Elder. 2) My online store sells only those things that are of a natural, nature based, healing preventive way of life plus being beauty into one's life through authentic handmade Native American artworks. 3) I offer a community Sweat Lodge on my property for any and all to be a part of the old ways of our people and I am the one that leads ceremony and pours water 4) Other then the essential oil products everything is handmade by indigenous people.5) I not only perform and serve my community at no cost (of course I would) I open my "doors" to everyone including the Lakota brother and sisters that come directly out of the local prison. 6) I have been trained for over 27 years by various Elders and taught the traditional old ways. I would like to know what would give you the idea that I am a person that is using my heritage for nothing more then profit?"

Can he prove either he, or the "artists" are Native American?????

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Sparks on January 15, 2019, 01:12:01 pm ---In connection with https://medicinewheelllc.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/michael.mettert.5 there is also a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MedicineWheelLLC/
--- End quote ---

All three links are dead now. Seems Mr. Mettert is closing down his business?

I made a PDF yesterday of the reviews on that Facebook page. There were lots of references to this NAFPS forum thread. I planned to quote some of those reviews (with names of posters withheld). However, I was not able to post those comments. Even though I removed all formatting I was told:

--- Quote ---The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.
--- End quote ---

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Sparks on February 12, 2019, 01:33:03 am ---Seems Mr. Mettert is closing down his business?
--- End quote ---

What's left is his online store: https://medicinewheel.store/

--- Quote ---Your Home for Total Wellness of Body, Mind, and Spirit

Mission Statement
The mission of Medicine Wheel LLC is to educate people about holistic healing, honoring traditional practices and restoring the balance of mind, body, and spirit. ...

While also enriching lives by bringing cultural art works handcrafted by traditional Native American artists.
--- End quote ---

Same goes for that as for the now defunct Facebook group about which I wrote:

--- Quote from: Sparks on January 15, 2019, 01:12:01 pm ---Seems to be mostly about selling herbs, oils, minerals, gemstones, stones, paintings and "Handmade Wired Stone Pendants", also called "Tree of Life Healing Stone Pendants", plus "One Of a Kind Navajo Alabaster Sculptures".
--- End quote ---

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Sparks on February 12, 2019, 01:33:03 am ---… there is also a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MedicineWheelLLC/
[…]
I made a PDF yesterday of the reviews on that Facebook page. There were lots of references to this NAFPS forum thread. I planned to quote some of those reviews (with names of posters withheld). However, I was not able to post those comments.
--- End quote ---

I split the quotes in two parts. Then they come through, and here comes part 1:

--- Quote ---— This person has absolutely no connection to the Blackfeet people. Charging people and holding fake ceremonies is disgusting. You have no rights to conduct ceremonies. Shame on you!

— He is a fraud!!!!!! Taking advantage of people who know NOTHING of native culture is vile. He can't prove his heritage and has no idea what he's doing and the consequences of doing these false ceremonies. DO NOT PAY FOR ANY OF HIS SERVICES!!!

— This is a fraud person! He is not Blackfeet & should not be profiting off our our Native culture & sacred ceremonies!! Real Natives do not charge for ceremonies!!

— this guy is impersonating a tribal Elder is running a business under false pretenses I would not recommend this for anybody safety special children should not sweat this is totally wrong . people do your research before you and give your time to somebody like this

— FRAUD. You NEVER EVER charge for a ceremony. claiming to be a blackfeet elder is disgusting. how do you get away w this? DISGUSTING.

— Absolutely not recommend this PLASTIC SHAMAN/PLASTIC MEDICINE MAN!!!! As a true medicine for the people one does not charge!!! He is not a true Blackfeet man and he is giving my people a bad name! That is why I am outting him..shame on you!!!

— This man is NOT a Blackfeet Elder! He is charging hundreds of dollars for a Blackfeet naming ceremony. That’s not how naming works! That’s not how sweat works! He is a total FRAUD and is using my tribe to do it! He is a white man using our culture to make money. I am just sick over this

— It's very offensive for this guy to impersonate an tribal elder to try to sell his products. This is a scam.

— He is not a Blackfeet Elder and his teachings are not correct for our tribe.

— another case of cultural appropriation. make believe ndns they just dont understand that are things that true traditionalists never do

— I find it very offensive for this guy to inpersonate an elder....as a blackfeet we dont charge money for our ceremonies,we dont just let anybody in,women are not to sweat as we have our moon to cleanse us monthly....we dont have BBQs..,.A Sweat is not for profit...

— Let’s put him along with all this information on new age frauds and plastic shamans. That’s where he belongs so ppl can see it and be aware of this fake
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version